Hi I’m Ollie!

Olliehxll

I’ve had Type 2 HPPD for 5 years. The onset was triggered by my dumbass doing acid at 13. I’m here becuase I’ve been looking for a community recently who understands as for some reason my HPPD has gotten worse recently with no apparent cause. 

I’m wondering if anyone else has Type 2 but also experiences the flashbacks tied with Type 1? My pseudo hallucinations are constant but every now and then I will experience a very strong flashback where I go from having HPPD to full on tripping. I’ve been experiencing them A LOT recently. Anyone relate? Also, is your HPPD also worse when you first wake up and when you’re tired? Can’t find anything about it but without fail my HPPD is sm worse in the morning and at night

Hey Ollie, welcome to the forum.

I forget what the types are... but my hppd is the constant 24/7 visuals and trippy feeling. I do get times when it gets much worse, like full on tripping... I call these spikes. Usually stress induced, hangovers, bad sleep etc. Can also be from meds. 

My visuals are worse at night, no doubt. Never really noticed a change in the morning though. 

Hi Ollie,

Welcome to the forum! thankyou for sharing some of your story and symptoms.. 

Yes I'm too am a severe hppd type 2 sufferer / endurer.. 

I had really young onset also, likley age 15 years old. Also experience visuals 24-7 from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep. 

Sure, I guess there are many times when symptoms are extremely exacerbated and heightened, can be likened to fully tripping..  like Jay 1 mentioned:  stress induced, lack of sleep or any stressors to the CNS.. 

I find sometimes hppd sensory  overload can lead to more severe episodes and symptoms too. 

I also get ultra aggressive visuals at night too and have always had to sleep with the light on. 

Can totally relate.. take care of yourself! 

25 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Hi Ollie,

Welcome to the forum! thankyou for sharing some of your story and symptoms.. 

Yes I'm too am a severe hppd type 2 sufferer / endurer.. 

I had really young onset also, likley age 15 years old. Also experience visuals 24-7 from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep. 

Sure, I guess there are many times when symptoms are extremely exacerbated and heightened, can be likened to fully tripping..  like Jay 1 mentioned:  stress induced, lack of sleep or any stressors to the CNS.. 

I find sometimes hppd sensory  overload can lead to more severe episodes and symptoms too. 

I also get ultra aggressive visuals at night too and have always had to sleep with the light on. 

Can totally relate.. take care of yourself! 

It honestly feels so good to know I’m not the only one that suffers these complications! I’m so glad I’ve found a community that understands this and doesn’t look at me like I’m insane when I speak about my HPPD! 

5 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Hey Ollie, welcome to the forum.

I forget what the types are... but my hppd is the constant 24/7 visuals and trippy feeling. I do get times when it gets much worse, like full on tripping... I call these spikes. Usually stress induced, hangovers, bad sleep etc. Can also be from meds. 

My visuals are worse at night, no doubt. Never really noticed a change in the morning though. 

Yeah I 100% agree. Especially with the bad sleep, it really triggers my symptoms. I wonder if I experience symptoms worse in the morning due to lack of good quality sleep as I am an insomniac (I’ve also noticed my insomnia is much worse since the onset of HPPD. I think it’s because the VD’s can be so bad they make my eyes and eyelids twitch loads). Thanks for the reply. 

I think mine is worse at night as well.  I wonder if the swing follows some of the natural rhythms of the body; cortisol cycle for example.  First thing in the morning your cortisol peaks to wake you up.  It then oscillates throughout the day.  I think mine is worse at night from fatigue and also the way my HPPD reacts to the darkness.  I get the feeling of full on trips sometimes but these things don't bother me much anymore.  I have lived with the condition for about 16 years and actually went back to hallucinogens about 6 years ago which made it flare up but it eventually settled down.  Hang in there, this forum is great but try not to get sucked into a rabbit hole of obsessing.  You are young and your mind will adapt.    

I also have a lot of after images right after I wake up... I talked to a woman years ago who had it for longer than I have and I remember her telling me how summer days and a lot of sunlight seems to help her HPPD.  Does anyone else here feel that pattern?  I love autumn and winter and the cold darkness, my absolute favorite times of the year :) But I miss looking out at the night sky and seeing the stars clearly. 

Anyway,
there must be some unifying pattern here with these day/night and brightness/darkness cycles, some mystery that is not as complicated as it is seems that needs to be cracked to fully understand what is going on... maybe Cosmiccharlie is on to something...

3 hours ago, yarkadin said:

I also have a lot of after images right after I wake up... I talked to a woman years ago who had it for longer than I have and I remember her telling me how summer days and a lot of sunlight seems to help her HPPD.  Does anyone else here feel that pattern?  I love autumn and winter and the cold darkness, my absolute favorite times of the year :) But I miss looking out at the night sky and seeing the stars clearly. 

Anyway,
there must be some unifying pattern here with these day/night and brightness/darkness cycles, some mystery that is not as complicated as it is seems that needs to be cracked to fully understand what is going on... maybe Cosmiccharlie is on to something...

Omg looking at the sky is a nightmare ever since!!! 

12 hours ago, Olliehxll said:

It honestly feels so good to know I’m not the only one that suffers these complications! I’m so glad I’ve found a community that understands this and doesn’t look at me like I’m insane when I speak about my HPPD! 

Absolutely.. was really a relief  when I first realised it has a name  "hppd" and found this community also. It's awesome that you found us! I guess it can help to kind of "normalise" the symptoms in the sense of knowing that you are definitely not alone. 

Edited by Spartan