Are you sure you have HPPD? How long did it take for your visual and other problems to start after taking the HALUCINOGEN?

TomHope

Hi Hppd community, pls advise..

How long did it take for most of you to experience problems after taking a hallucinogen?

From 2014 to 2019 I had ECSTASY ten times, always with alcohol. Always great fun, no bad trip.

6 months after the last ECSTASY: floaters started appearing, just a little. Over time, however, they increased. Until after 2 years with floaters did Palinopsia come, slowly, but more and more..in another year Purkinje tree, Bfep and other symptoms were added.

Today is 5 years since my last Ecstasy, I don't do drugs, I don't drink alcohol, I live a healthy life (only heated tobacco) but the visuals are still SLOWLY WORSE AND WORSE !!!

I only have visual symptoms and mild tinnitus. Depression just because of the visuals. I never had DP/DR or color flashbacks.

But I am a hypersensitive person with a tendency to melancholia - a candidate for HPPD :)

My visual problems: Floaters, Palinopsia/Afterimage/Ghosting, BFEP, Tinnitus, Oscillopsia, Purkinje tree, Visual snow but only a little, at night.

All medical tests are fine. I have tried a healthy lifestyle, various antidepressants, antipsychotics, Keppra, Lamo, Clono, herbs, supplements, vitamins, exercise, hyperbaric chamber, bioneurofeedback, psychotherapy, meditation, but nothink...

I am still looking for the cause of my visual problems so I can direct my treatment well. At least I have to stop it!!

Possible cause:

-ordinary VSS? ..But my VS is minimal

-Borrelia? ..But tests are negative

-Cervical instability of the cervical spine? ..Maby, but my neck isn't that bad

-Hppd? ..A slow onset of symptoms that lasted for several years without colors and changes in mood and perception of the world

IF I HAVE HPPD, I THINK THAT ONSET AND INCREASE OF SYMPTOMS IS VERY UNSTANDARD

My doctor thinks it's something between VSS and HPPD..

What do you think about this please? Are you sure about your HPPD?

Thank you very much for your opinion

Stay strong, keep fighting, don't lose hope!!

I support the VSS Initiative because I believe that one day we will come out of this hell hand in hand with "NO DRUG" VSS patients. I hope..

TOM

I knew during my LSD trip that something was off and I felt it in my brain. The next day when I woke up I feel like I wasn't over it, it was strange. Then the following day it was triggered by a bunch of coffee and not enough sleep. It was like a permanent very intense constant flashback. So yeah it was right away. Definitely felt like if I never tried a psychedelic, wouldn't have had happened. It was terrifying too and a lot of people thought it was impossible. And the visuals were exactly like the visuals I experienced during the LSD trip.

Edited by brake

For me, the trip just didn’t end. I woke up in the morning seeing a milder version of what I saw when I took the acid then it just never ended. 5 years later and I’m still living with it. Even though I’m type 2 I still get ‘flashbacks’ where my HPPD symptoms suddenly become full on tripping for a few minutes-a few days so I would look out for that. I’m no practitioner so I can’t say for sure what you have but it sure sounds complicated. I’ve never heard of type 2 (what you’re describing) presenting a while after the trip. The onset is always immediately after the trip (as far as I’m aware). At the end of the day, it is a disgustingly overlooked and under-studied condition so who knows. I hope this helped and I wish you the best!

Edited by Olliehxll