[Help needed] I want to create an HPPD simulator using AI

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Spartan said:

This is a great idea and project!  

Possibly we could go through each type of visual symptom phonnomena individually, with accurate resemblance and then piece something together from there..

Or represent each one individually or both and... 

I found a cool Instagram account that has great representation of imagistic phosphenes.. very proper 😅

Possibly we could go through each one finding accurate images or in motion clips  for each symptom first. 

Excellent start here : brake shared these with me:) I became enlightened after learning about the name  Zoopsia! 

Though I guess you are the CEO of this project.. doing my best to offer some sone type of frame work that maybe helpful:) 

*Removed your images so the quote would be shorter*

You guys are amazing. Thank you for all you're doing. You've all given me great material for a good head-start.

Over the weekend I'll generate some AI images and get feedback from you guys on if it looks good or not.

As for the CEO thing, nope, I'd prefer to collaborate with you guys, what you think matters a lot. Just think of me as the person that has the hardware to build the resulting AI model. I also don't have much going on in my life, so I have the spare time to spend on all this.

Edited by SomebodySomewhere

8 hours ago, brake said:

These kind of get the starbursting, tracers and light sensitivity.

vision-starbursts-642333276.jpg

hqdefault-537586413.jpg

image-3147763451.jpg

droppedImage-3855959595.jpg

th-3613263808.jpg

These latest images REALLY reflect what I see at night, actually... especially when I'm not feeling well or sick. You know what I especially hate - the new LED lights that newer cars have, if you guys know what I am talking about.  I almost want to start a petition to stop car manufacturers from installing them and go back to older lights.  They are absolutely evil... for normal people they are bad, for us they are torture...

This is cool 

Actually I spontaneously noticed a chair today while waiting ito see my psychiatrist lol 

I'm my opinion it maybe an accurate representation of "floaters" for some people.. 

the floater chair 🫣

Just a random share... 

I'm sure there will be much more sophisticated ☺️ and accurate, realistic examples of the myriad of symptoms to come !! 

Hope everyone is doing well !

IMG20241004135826.jpg

Edited by Spartan

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

This is cool 

Actually I spontaneously noticed a chair today while waiting ito see my psychiatrist lol 

I'm my opinion it maybe an accurate representation of "floaters" for some people.. 

the floater chair 🫣

Just a random share... 

I'm sure there will be much more sophisticated ☺️ and accurate, realistic examples of the myriad of symptoms to come !! 

IMG20241004135826.jpg

Yeah I agree, floaters are kind of like that.

15 hours ago, yarkadin said:

These latest images REALLY reflect what I see at night, actually... especially when I'm not feeling well or sick. You know what I especially hate - the new LED lights that newer cars have, if you guys know what I am talking about.  I almost want to start a petition to stop car manufacturers from installing them and go back to older lights.  They are absolutely evil... for normal people they are bad, for us they are torture...

Same dude, it's similar for me too but not exactly like that. Unfortunately there's a disorder that's similar to this and it's called astigmatism. Mine is less slanted and more like expanded, intense and elongated.

A-Complete-Guide-to-Astigmatism_-Symptoms-Causes-Diagnosis-and-Treatment-Overview-1.jpg

20 minutes ago, brake said:

Same dude, it's similar for me too but not exactly like that. Unfortunately there's a disorder that's similar to this and it's called astigmatism. Mine is less slanted and more like expanded, intense and elongated.

A-Complete-Guide-to-Astigmatism_-Symptoms-Causes-Diagnosis-and-Treatment-Overview-1.jpg

Yeah, I see more like the image at the left... the image on the right looks like what I see on a rainy evening with a wet windshield ;) I recently went to the eye doc and he said I don't have astigmatism... I am actually 20/20 at distance.  That helps a bit if you are already dealing with this crap on top. 

I really think anyone with HPPD should get regular eye exams because with our condition, it's easy to confuse one problem with another and possibly neglect something serious.

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

This is cool 

the floater chair 🫣

Just a random share... 

IMG20241004135826.jpg

Yes, this chair is pure evil... designed to mock the HPPD experience ;)

1 hour ago, yarkadin said:

Yeah, I see more like the image at the left... the image on the right looks like what I see on a rainy evening with a wet windshield ;) I recently went to the eye doc and he said I don't have astigmatism... I am actually 20/20 at distance.  That helps a bit if you are already dealing with this crap on top. 

I really think anyone with HPPD should get regular eye exams because with our condition, it's easy to confuse one problem with another and possibly neglect something serious.

Yeah I went to the eye doctor twice, he said my vision is much better than average. He also said I don't have astigmatism or any of that other stuff. He said visual snow and HPPD is a good diagnosis for me. He said it's not in the eyes it's probably in the brain. I used to see normally, oh do I miss it!!! My vision was always good so I grew accustomed to rely on it. 😭😭😭

Now my vision is so messed up I can't find the perfect pictures, gifs and videos to explain it but some of these are close enough. 

Edited by brake

Thanks for more examples.

I'm finding this project is far more massive than I realized.

I'll start posting examples tomorrow, with multiple versions, and ask for people to say which looks most accurate (or say none and tell me why).

Paredolia is done, Visual snow is done, I'm about to do Micropsia and macropsia (my worst symptoms I had, I remember vividly what it looks like).

Trails is easy as it's a matter of using different motion blur algorithms and seeing which looks most accurate.

Floaters will be a bit more difficult, but even without full-fledged HPPD I still have them (that and visual snow) so it'll be a matter of simply paying attention to them).

I may also post images that are not strictly HPPD, but more like images meant to capture the "vibe" or dp/dr, so please let me know if those are accurate as well.

It's perfectly okay to remind me if I forget by simply replying here, which notifies me via email.

I could use some feedback on several images I've found and if any of you have seen anything similar.

The below image (I don't know why this is underlined and I can't turn it off, sorry), is anything those of you with visual snow have seen. I would argue that it's more of visual snow creating a pattern in the night sky rather than visual snow on the night sky, but after seeing this I was curious if anyone has seen anything similar?

vis_snow_night_sky.thumb.jpg.e2fdbc2cedc861481af2fc38016d1aa5.jpgI

Aura_ss.thumb.jpg.7981bafd0d0b421abbef502040740386.jpg

This image is of an "aura" but might only be applicable to migraines with Aura. I believe I pulled this from wikipedia or flickr.

To those of you who have "aura's" does this in any way seem accurate? I've definitely never experienced anything like that so if people have aura, I would encourage you to get creative and create some pics you believe showcase aura's accurately.

rock_face.thumb.png.d03691821eb7db9284a19eb91842a3be.png

This one isn't so much a question, but showing you some of the images I am collecting. This one should be obvious: par
edolia.

In terms of the following symptoms, I could really use some examples:

1) Your perception on dp/dr/disscoation and how it makes you feel. I realize this is less visual and more emotional/mental, but having a few guiding examples would help.

2) For motion trails/after-images, I would suggest looking at a variety of videos/photos of motion blur and find one that strikes you as "accurate". If you're a PC Gamer, you could always utilize ReShade to achieve this desired effect and others, and then screen-cap it.

Any help is appreciated.

To give you an idea of this undertaking: I am going to need to create 50+ high-res (minimum 1080x1080) images of each individual symptom. I then need to create likely 200+ more images that randomly combine these symptoms (otherwise the AI will get confused and not understand that they can co-exist).

To give a more in-depth explanation of the image part, I'm sure some of you are familiar with Flux AI Imaging. I'm creating an HPPD "Lora". For the video part, that will require a different AI model (both for video and sound).

I don't expect anyone to do my work for me, but even a simple/summarized description of different things you experience is very helpful and cuts down on time I have to do a search through lots of forum threads and research articles.