[Help needed] I want to create an HPPD simulator using AI

To do this, I'm going to need a wide variety of images that showcase the phenomenon you see with HPPD whether it's tracers, geometric patterns on surfaces, etc.

My initial project I want to release would be an "HPPD" image generator so people can get some interest going (I would insert info on the condition and how awful it is). Then, create a video using AI tech based on this imagery, with other methods I won't specify (techniques I've learned that I promise can deliver this effect) in order to give the viewer a feeling of depersonalitization/derealization, as well as high anxiety. This would include even more links regarding HPPD.

If this interests people, find images for me that you feel accurately represent your symptoms. As many as possible, for every single type of distortion possible.

While some people will likely misunderstand my intent (not you guys, others), my goal is to create awareness by first getting people to think "Huh, that's unique and interesting" and then transition to "Holy shit, that's horrible, what can I do to help these people?"

11 minutes ago, SomebodySomewhere said:

To do this, I'm going to need a wide variety of images that showcase the phenomenon you see with HPPD whether it's tracers, geometric patterns on surfaces, etc.

My initial project I want to release would be an "HPPD" image generator so people can get some interest going (I would insert info on the condition and how awful it is). Then, create a video using AI tech based on this imagery, with other methods I won't specify (techniques I've learned that I promise can deliver this effect) in order to give the viewer a feeling of depersonalitization/derealization, as well as high anxiety. This would include even more links regarding HPPD.

If this interests people, find images for me that you feel accurately represent your symptoms. As many as possible, for every single type of distortion possible.

While some people will likely misunderstand my intent (not you guys, others), my goal is to create awareness by first getting people to think "Huh, that's unique and interesting" and then transition to "Holy shit, that's horrible, what can I do to help these people?"

My PDF file with pictures in it

Check out my post. It has a lot of examples but it's still "not good enough". 

Visual Snow Simulator

Also check out this post ^

The simulator simulates different variations of visual snow. 

Screenshot_20240904-131140.png

Screenshot_20240904-110048.png

For some reason, in my opinion, the HPPD trippy visuals are harder to accurately simulate whether in pictures, gifs or videos. I'm not sure why.

Not the best explanation but: the graphics in video games used to "suck" and nowadays they are much better. That's kind of how I see current pictures trying to give an idea of how HPPD looks like. 

Edited by brake

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, brake said:

For some reason, in my opinion, the HPPD trippy visuals are harder to accurately simulate whether in pictures, gifs or videos. I'm not sure why.

I appreciate your posts, thank you so much, this is already a big help.

As for how it's hard to accurately convey, I know exactly what you mean. Whether it's image, video, or audio, there is a mental component to HPPD visuals that can only be conveyed through actually having it. I have some manipulations in mind when it comes time for the video that might help (I'll tell you guys what I did after, the only reason I don't now is the methods could be used for bad/nefarious purposes EDIT: and now that I re-read this I'm realizing I probably can't give my exact methods, I'll have to give vague hints).

Regardless, I had HPPD for over a decade (and likely still have it, still on Clonazepam so I don't know).

If you happen to find other images you or others have done, sharing would be appreciated. I'm finding that in order for AI to understand concepts, you need tons of images.

Edited by SomebodySomewhere
because

6 minutes ago, SomebodySomewhere said:

I appreciate your posts, thank you so much, this is already a big help.

As for how it's hard to accurately convey, I know exactly what you mean. Whether it's image, video, or audio, there is a mental component to HPPD visuals that can only be conveyed through actually having it. I have some manipulations in mind when it comes time for the video that might help (I'll tell you guys what I did after, the only reason I don't now is the methods could be used for bad/nefarious purposes).

Regardless, I had HPPD for over a decade (and likely still have it, still on Clonazepam so I don't know).

If you happen to find other images you or others have done, sharing would be appreciated. I'm finding that in order for AI to understand concepts, you need tons of images.

Dude I took Clonazepam today and still saw giant auras without like meditating or being in a meditative state or drugs. Here are some more vague examples:

IMG_20240827_121523342.jpg

icgfu6tasajyvzoxc7cu.jpg

f0951c8282232d838603d7d87e902bdc.jpg

stock-vector-groovy-hippie-s-backgrounds-waves-swirl-twirl-pattern-twisted-and-distorted-vector-texture-in-2174120885.jpg

stock-vector-set-of-wavy-seamless-trippy-patterns-in-psychedelic-colors-abstract-vector-swirl-backgrounds-2164268291.jpg

Now I'm a bit depressed, I said "over a decade" then realized we're nearly in 2025. I developed it about 20 years ago. I don't know why that's bothering me so much, I'll get over it.

Anyway:

Not the best explanation but: the graphics in video games used to "suck" and nowadays they are much better. That's kind of how I see current pictures trying to give an idea of how HPPD looks like.

Can you explain this further for me?

One thing I used to say, maybe others feel the same, is that with DP/DR coupled with HPPD, it's like everything is normally, in technical terms, let's say 720p quality. Then, with the disorder, suddenly everything is 2160p quality with a high frame-rate (I believe this has been dubbed the "soap opera effect" in regards to high frame rate on bad tv's).

21 minutes ago, SomebodySomewhere said:

Now I'm a bit depressed, I said "over a decade" then realized we're nearly in 2025. I developed it about 20 years ago. I don't know why that's bothering me so much, I'll get over it.

Anyway:

Can you explain this further for me?

One thing I used to say, maybe others feel the same, is that with DP/DR coupled with HPPD, it's like everything is normally, in technical terms, let's say 720p quality. Then, with the disorder, suddenly everything is 2160p quality with a high frame-rate (I believe this has been dubbed the "soap opera effect" in regards to high frame rate on bad tv's).

I have it for almost 12 years and it still bothers me although certain medications made it better to deal with slightly. 

All of these examples seem like video games with bad graphics to me lol. They don't fully give the person who never experienced it the right idea of what it's like.

Wow man, I was typing the following reply and then you came through yet again! You're my hero.

I appreciate all you have already done, which is a lot, and I'm sorry that even with medication you still have symptoms. I would suggest at this point though that you take a break for your own well-being, don't overload yourself.

My end goal is for people to A) Understand what HPPD is (based on initial interest from people going "Durr, cool images, looks like fun" and then going towards "The horror, the horror!"), B ) Spark legit conversations about how disturbing HPPD is and how it is not in any/way/shape/form a "free trip", but a nightmare.

I live in a state where shrooms and LSD might become legalized for therapy, and although I can't deny there is some truth to the potential in that, the lack of appreciation of the possible dangers (and lack of informing people that they're real dangers) makes my blood pressure sky-rocket. It's bad enough that nothing was learned from Matthew Perry's Ketamine related death. People just don't seem to get it.

23 minutes ago, SomebodySomewhere said:

Wow man, I was typing the following reply and then you came through yet again! You're my hero.

I appreciate all you have already done, which is a lot, and I'm sorry that even with medication you still have symptoms. I would suggest at this point though that you take a break for your own well-being, don't overload yourself.

My end goal is for people to A) Understand what HPPD is (based on initial interest from people going "Durr, cool images, looks like fun" and then going towards "The horror, the horror!"), B ) Spark legit conversations about how disturbing HPPD is and how it is not in any/way/shape/form a "free trip", but a nightmare.

I live in a state where shrooms and LSD might become legalized for therapy, and although I can't deny there is some truth to the potential in that, the lack of appreciation of the possible dangers (and lack of informing people that they're real dangers) makes my blood pressure sky-rocket. It's bad enough that nothing was learned from Matthew Perry's Ketamine related death. People just don't seem to get it.

Yes I think they should take HPPD and visual snow way more seriously like schizophrenia, epilepsy and autism. If you would have told me this was possible before ever trying psychedelics I would without a doubt never even touch them lol so I don't get how they act like it's a good thing.

Dude you're also my hero for trying to create a simulator! That would definitely do a lot for our community!

Edited by brake

In terms of the possibility of HPPD, the ironic thing is the following:

The last trip I had, which resulted in my HPPD, was someone who told me that every time he smoked weed he had visuals that would last for days. I was aware of HPPD via Erowid, and obviously I continued anyway, because I'm dumb, but when I told him he might be at high-risk for HPPD, not only did he ignore me, but after I had my trip (with him present) where I developed HPPD, not only did he ignore my warning, but he went on to trip again (at least once, likely several more times) disregarding what happened to me. On top of that, he then lied to the local police that I was a drug-dealer (bullshit, I was only using personally), and is thus, a fucking liar and a rat, and an idiot for ignoring my warning re: HPPD. He's highly regarded in my rural community whereas I'm considered a POS.

17 minutes ago, SomebodySomewhere said:

In terms of the possibility of HPPD, the ironic thing is the following:

The last trip I had, which resulted in my HPPD, was someone who told me that every time he smoked weed he had visuals that would last for days. I was aware of HPPD via Erowid, and obviously I continued anyway, because I'm dumb, but when I told him he might be at high-risk for HPPD, not only did he ignore me, but after I had my trip (with him present) where I developed HPPD, not only did he ignore my warning, but he went on to trip again (at least once, likely several more times) disregarding what happened to me. On top of that, he then lied to the local police that I was a drug-dealer (bullshit, I was only using personally), and is thus, a fucking liar and a rat, and an idiot for ignoring my warning re: HPPD. He's highly regarded in my rural community whereas I'm considered a POS.

Oh yeah you can't trust anybody these days haha. The truth doesn't even matter anymore haha. I literally have a bunch of friends and/or people I know that tripped after I told them that I got HPPD and visual snow from tripping on a single dose. They didn't care, they kept tripping. Also micro dosing is a thing and a few people are doing that. I didn't want to be a party pooper either but I definitely abstained after that.

12 hours ago, SomebodySomewhere said:

This is a great idea and project!  

Possibly we could go through each type of visual symptom phonnomena individually, with accurate resemblance and then piece something together from there..

Or represent each one individually or both and... 

I found a cool Instagram account that has great representation of imagistic phosphenes.. very proper 😅

Possibly we could go through each one finding accurate images or in motion clips  for each symptom first. 

Excellent start here : brake shared these with me:) I became enlightened after learning about the name  Zoopsia! 

Though I guess you are the CEO of this project.. doing my best to offer some sone type of frame work that maybe helpful:) 

17279607597168503795925464582738.jpg

17279608323134493440191919497.jpg

17279608585984633231764576362404.jpg

17279608914937918226686178868129.jpg

17279609215761712932367363959102.jpg

17279609426653702198823566519222.jpg

172796096965657439085340391291.jpg

Edited by Spartan

There's some wild ass photos and images here... none of this represents HPPD in my opinion.  The image Spartan shared above is close to the snow I see, except it does not cycle as quickly.  All of those crazy wavy and melting landscapes, rainbow bursts and psychedelic spirals have no relationship to what I've been experiencing for the last 25 years, haha  I mean, very, very tangentially... the afterimages of the trees with the blue sky... yeah, I see something like that but these images tend to exaggerate a bit... though granted, maybe it's not possible to capture the experience in a two-dimensional way without doing so...

Edited by yarkadin

2 hours ago, yarkadin said:

There's some wild ass photos and images here... none of this represents HPPD in my opinion.  The image Spartan shared above is close to the snow I see, except it does not cycle as quickly.  All of those crazy wavy and melting landscapes, rainbow bursts and psychedelic spirals have no relationship to what I've been experiencing for the last 25 years, haha  I mean, very, very tangentially... the afterimages of the trees with the blue sky... yeah, I see something like that but these images tend to exaggerate a bit... though granted, maybe it's not possible to capture the experience in a two-dimensional way without doing so...

Yes HPPD is very 3 dimensional. I feel like these pictures and gifs don't do it justice. Since you're sober and not peaking the visuals aren't as intense as actually being on the substance but yeah I actually see some of that. Especially the warping, swaying, flowing, breathing, recursions, melting, tracers, blurriness, positive and negative after images, auras surrounding objects and people, ghosting and sometimes even double vision. A lot of times the walls, floors and objects will be just so damn trippy... Still!!!

These examples are like a 1990s video game and we need modern graphics lol.

Edited by brake

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

This is a great idea and project!  

Possibly we could go through each type of visual symptom phonnomena individually, with accurate resemblance and then piece something together from there..

Or represent each one individually or both and... 

I found a cool Instagram account that has great representation of imagistic phosphenes.. very proper 😅

Possibly we could go through each one finding accurate images or in motion clips  for each symptom first. 

Excellent start here : brake shared these with me:) I became enlightened after learning about the name  Zoopsia! 

Though I guess you are the CEO of this project.. doing my best to offer some sone type of frame work that maybe helpful:) 

17279607597168503795925464582738.jpg

17279608323134493440191919497.jpg

17279608585984633231764576362404.jpg

17279608914937918226686178868129.jpg

17279609215761712932367363959102.jpg

17279609426653702198823566519222.jpg

172796096965657439085340391291.jpg

These tables are amazing.