this is why we need a hppd help line

I been struggling with very acute symptoms 

I phoned and Australian help / support line / call back service, in an attempt for help.

After venting sharing symptoms along with some suicidal ideations, she suggested... would uthinesua be a possibility for you ? 

WTF I hanged up immediately..

I went for support and that's hurtful and only exacerbates, distressing and sad. I feel these comments could trigger serious reprocussions. 

In the context I feel that is negligence and likley unlawful on their part. 

Edited by Spartan

• Spartan changed the title to this is why we need a hppd help line
1 hour ago, Spartan said:

I been struggling with very acute symptoms 

I phoned and Australian help / support line / call back service, in an attempt for help.

After venting sharing symptoms along with some suicidal ideations, she suggested... would uthinesua be a possibility for you ? 

WTF I hanged up immediately..

I went for support and that's hurtful and only exacerbates, distressing and sad. I feel these comments could trigger serious reprocussions. 

In the context I feel that is negligence and likley unlawful on their part. 

Dude, that's pretty fucked up... in other words, that was her saying, "how about you kill yourself". 

While we still don't have a hotline, I am open to organizing online meetings if anyone here is serious about it.  It can be a weekly or monthly meeting.  It won't be easy, a lot of people with HPPD have completely unrelated comorbid (as you posted before) stress and issues going on, maybe the vast majority of us. The meeting can focus on HPPD only, save the comorbidities to psychiatrists and psychologists (though if you ask me most of them are clueless).  These meetings may themselves trigger stress for people and I can't say I am an exception... HPPD is not something I actively try to think about.  But that's the catch-22... some people need to confront it to resolve it. 

Talking to someone who has no idea what you're experiencing and talking with someone who experiences the exact same thing is a big difference, no matter the professional credentials...

Edited by yarkadin