Marathons

My aunt asked this like spiritual guy that studied Tai chi, meditation and martial arts for most of his life about HPPD and Visual Snow. He said he never heard of it but he meditated and thought about it and prescribed running marathons for us. He helps people who have like addictions and disorders and stuff. Meditation and sitting still isn't that good for us but running marathons is. The entire routine and plan of training for the marathon and completing it is what he recommends. I'm surprised that he knows this through his mysticism, insight and intuition. I only learned this over the years through trial and error lol. He also said certain exercises aren't good because they make you too hyper.

Edited by brake

I think we should start with running and jogging first before going into full blown marathons ;)  A marathon takes training far beyond sitting down with a pen and paper and plotting it out, lol.   I generally think any kind of exercise is good...  Too many people with mental conditions in general are immobile and should be doing more physical things... I myself have signed up to a fitness club this year and run the treadmill every once in a while (not often enough, I admit).  Don't have to sit on top of a mountain for years or live with monks in a monastery to figure that one out.

Actually funny you mention tai chi... I've been contemplating doing some martial arts stuff in the last few years.  Anyone who knows me probably is laughing right now reading this... plus, I am 46 years old.  But I think it would be cool to get rid of some of that stress.  On the other hand, I'll probably immediately get my ass beaten by some 12 year old.

Edited by yarkadin

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2024 at 2:54 PM, yarkadin said:

I think we should start with running and jogging first before going into full blown marathons ;)  A marathon takes training far beyond sitting down with a pen and paper and plotting it out, lol.   I generally think any kind of exercise is good...  Too many people with mental conditions in general are immobile and should be doing more physical things... I myself have signed up to a fitness club this year and run the treadmill every once in a while (not often enough, I admit).  Don't have to sit on top of a mountain for years or live with monks in a monastery to figure that one out.

Actually funny you mention tai chi... I've been contemplating doing some martial arts stuff in the last few years.  Anyone who knows me probably is laughing right now reading this... plus, I am 46 years old.  But I think it would be cool to get rid of some of that stress.  On the other hand, I'll probably immediately get my ass beaten by some 12 year old.

😂😂😂 Yeah, same. I’m not really the athletic type and I have no hand/eye coordination.