Supplements

I don't know what these assholes are thinking... or if they are thinking at all... they are playing with fire... okay, I am *slightly* biased given what I've experienced and continue to experience, but when the Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine that adversely impacted people appeared it was swiftly taken off just weeks (was it months?) later when just 6 people out of millions developed serious conditions.  Reportedly one person died.  The statistics for hallucinogen users having lifelong disorders is far, far greater than this and it is still being disseminated everywhere.  Furthermore, the JJ vaccine had a serious purpose that almost justified the collateral damage, whereas hallucinogens are taken (let's face it) on the whole by vacuous idiots who are bored and don't have the imagination or creativity to enjoy life as it is. 

I'm sick and tired of misinformation and that's part of the reason why I joined this site... not saying I know everything, but I will call bullshit when I see it and we are riding in an ocean of it with adverse impacts of hallucinogens which so many users don't seem to care about or explicitly want to hide.

Edited by yarkadin

On 7/24/2024 at 11:52 AM, yarkadin said:

The 2012 study on Lamotrigine is just a case study involving one 33 year old woman.  There are no controls and little to no empirical data.  I read it over very carefully and the text contradicts itself... in one section they talk about possible full remission of something, "the patient experienced significant relief from her symptoms, some of which disappeared completely", in the other " after images, halos, and ‘glow worm’ effects occurred less frequently."  Is it less frequent or disappeared completely?  What disappeared completely?  There are also quotes in there about flashbacks that lead me to believe the author knows next to nothing about HPPD.

You know, I've been looking at studies like this for 25 years and I've grown to have little patience for many of them.  I'm grateful that some medical practitioners are devoting time to publishing these articles, they open the door to a tiny glimmer of hope for some people with an expanded set of treatment options, but studies like this are hardly useful overall.  Many people who are heavily dosed on psychotropic meds may simply no longer pay as much attention to their problems as they have before... it's much like the way SSRIs have been established to work, i.e. as emotion-deadening agents and not playing any causative role in the treatment of depression itself.  After reading this study and checking some of the anecdotal messages on this forum I don't have a high confidence in Lamotrigine.  I would be pleased to be proven wrong with more data.

Clonazepam treatment of lysergic acid diethylamide-induced hallucinogen persisting perception disorder with anxiety features

This wasn't the article I had in mind but yeah 2 milligrams of Xanax or clonazepam daily for 2 months seems to be standard clinical treatment for HPPD. Lamictal also but it has different dosages. My guess is that the daily high dosage permanently calms the brain down lol.