Visual Snow Syndrome

Hi guys in 2020 January I’m develop a visual snow disorder 

palinopsia bfep brightness in vision 

deralization ,brainfog and headache constant 

In 2022 I got medication propanalol 80mg

duloxetine60 mg lamotrygine 50 mg

helping me a lot with visual snow headaches brainfog deralization and anxiety but one problem it’s a palinopsia this shit constant worse every quarter or half year from 2021 I don’t know why and start very affect my live and made me again more anxious and started suicidal thinking 😕 anyone have any tips for palinopsia ? I’m consider to start take clonazepam now for try to see this symptoms improved it’s safe ? And don’t worse my situation or change lamotrygine or higher dose of this :/.

5 hours ago, mulaq said:

Hi guys in 2020 January I’m develop a visual snow disorder 

palinopsia bfep brightness in vision 

deralization ,brainfog and headache constant 

In 2022 I got medication propanalol 80mg

duloxetine60 mg lamotrygine 50 mg

helping me a lot with visual snow headaches brainfog deralization and anxiety but one problem it’s a palinopsia this shit constant worse every quarter or half year from 2021 I don’t know why and start very affect my live and made me again more anxious and started suicidal thinking 😕 anyone have any tips for palinopsia ? I’m consider to start take clonazepam now for try to see this symptoms improved it’s safe ? And don’t worse my situation or change lamotrygine or higher dose of this :/.

I'm surprised anything helped you with visual snow. My visual snow never gets better (just worse in dark areas and climates). Well I'm glad that it helped you!! 😃👍

5 hours ago, mulaq said:

I was stupid and in may this year I smoke weed and after week of this palinopsia very worse and don’t want to back ://

Oh yeah I completely stay away from weed, coffee and psychedelics. Complete abstinence from such things lol. However alcohol I'm okay with. In fact alcohol seems to help me a bunch. Alcohol seems to be very effective on anxiety.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 10:11 AM, brake said:

Oh yeah I completely stay away from weed, coffee and psychedelics. Complete abstinence from such things lol. However alcohol I'm okay with. In fact alcohol seems to help me a bunch. Alcohol seems to be very effective on anxiety.

I became QUITE the drinker after I developed HPPD. I was even starting to drink a bit too much before that because the guy I was with at the time was basically an alcoholic and would start drinking beer like at 11 am! But I drank with him anyway. Every minute I was at his house, and I was there a lot especially because living at home SUCKED. I had a job but when I was off work I always hung out with him and drank and smoked pot. He was basically the one who introduced me to LSD. I was 19 at the time. We used to trip almost every weekend. Then drink tons of beer and smoke loads of pot to come down. My poor brain ☹️ I got HPPD in August of 1998. I was a couple months away from turning 20 and I worked at a bank as a teller. I ended up losing my job because I couldn’t think straight and I couldn’t balance my drawer. After I got HPPD, I drank a lot because it was the only way to get my mind off of it and not be completely freaked 24/7. I was ok when I was inebriated but the next day my HPPD would be worse. I guess from the alcohol. 

• 1 month later...

This is interesting.. I really hope you have Found things that help.

I get intense visual snow too 

If fact sometimes is so intense that everything turns completely white "white out "

I call this "the blizzard" 🫢🫢🥶

Hope things keep improving for you !! 

Edited by Spartan

On 8/26/2024 at 2:29 PM, Spartan said:

This is interesting.. I really hope you have Found things that help.

I get intense visual snow too 

If fact sometimes is so intense that everything turns completely white "white out "

I call this "the blizzard" 🫢🫢🥶

Hope things keep improving for you !! 

Omg that would trip me out! (The Blizzard.) ugh! I haven’t drank alcohol in 7 years and I feel so much better. When you close your eyes during the blizzards (I’m just gonna call hem that) is it just pure white behind your eyelids? I can’t even imagine ☹️🥺 I hate this shit.

13 hours ago, AF44 said:

Omg that would trip me out! (The Blizzard.) ugh! I haven’t drank alcohol in 7 years and I feel so much better. When you close your eyes during the blizzards (I’m just gonna call hem that) is it just pure white behind your eyelids? I can’t even imagine ☹️🥺 I hate this shit.

Yeahh ! "The blizzard" that is a unique new name for symptoms.. 

Congratulations for your sobriety, amazing! 

Yeahh when I close my eyes at times  it's "realms beyond comprehension".. generally torturous phenomina.. 

Something I'd like to share more about sometime soon. 

Ah yea, i feel like i get the blizzard too, occasionally... If I am focused on one point for too long, my entire visual field just becomes visual snow and strobing (though green/blue colour, for me). I remember it happening when I was looking at my cat once and, after about 20 seconds, all I could see was the cat's eyes in a blizzard of noise. I get it a lot watching tv, but luckily not an every day thing like the normal VS. 

1 hour ago, Jay1 said:

Ah yea, i feel like i get the blizzard too, occasionally... If I am focused on one point for too long, my entire visual field just becomes visual snow and strobing (though green/blue colour, for me). I remember it happening when I was looking at my cat once and, after about 20 seconds, all I could see was the cat's eyes in a blizzard of noise. I get it a lot watching tv, but luckily not an every day thing like the normal VS. 

I have never experienced any such blizzard... I do love snow and winter, but that's a different kind of blizzard ;)

I especially get this visual static at night.  I am struggling to remember how I saw things BEFORE I got HPPD... but I seem to vaguely recall still seeing some form of static.  It all feels very "natural" to me now after all of this time... it's almost hard to imagine not seeing it. 

Some interesting observations I've made is that staring at a light source aggravates it, almost saturates it, analogous in a way to how staring at something very bright and then moving ones eyes away from that source leaves after images.  The static seems to me like a more generalized version of that phenomenon.  In this connection I have a feeling staring at the screen for example, in a dark context, for prolonged periods of time (as I am doing now) has an impact, although on the other hand being outdoors for long almost regulates and diminishes it.  I'm sure there are very linear, causal explanations for what is happening.

On 8/29/2024 at 8:07 AM, Jay1 said:

eeks! That’s terrible! I think I may have mentioned it on here before, but that happened to me one time. I didn’t feel well, was hot, tired wanted to take a nap so I took some NyQuil hoping it would knock me out. Instead I woke up feeling HORRIBLE, HPPD off the charts. I freaked out and called my mom and she came over. I was looking at her and my vision was literally nothing but snow and her face. I’ve never felt so terrified in my entire life!

On 8/29/2024 at 9:36 AM, yarkadin said:

I have never experienced any such blizzard... I do love snow and winter, but that's a different kind of blizzard ;)

I especially get this visual static at night.  I am struggling to remember how I saw things BEFORE I got HPPD... but I seem to vaguely recall still seeing some form of static.  It all feels very "natural" to me now after all of this time... it's almost hard to imagine not seeing it. 

Some interesting observations I've made is that staring at a light source aggravates it, almost saturates it, analogous in a way to how staring at something very bright and then moving ones eyes away from that source leaves after images.  The static seems to me like a more generalized version of that phenomenon.  In this connection I have a feeling staring at the screen for example, in a dark context, for prolonged periods of time (as I am doing now) has an impact, although on the other hand being outdoors for long almost regulates and diminishes it.  I'm sure there are very linear, causal explanations for what is happening.

This sounds ridiculous but can you you imagine having a blizzard while you are driving in a literal blizzard? 😂