The Ancients Used Drugs

This is cool

I've dived deep into shamanism since i was around 17 years old and have been initiated into various traditions'

seeing HPPD has no real treatment or medicine I sought to find my own "medicine" through healing arts /medicine ways / non ordinary states i.e, shamanic practice. 

shamanism is all about mastery of ecstasy and mastery of spirits, 

meaning the ability to enter non ordinary states at will and to bring back those recourses in service of self and or community,

the spirit world is always open and available to guide, hold and "heal" us. 

I remember reading a great piece about a theory that all major religions stem from the Sumerian use of amanita mushrooms and even the concept of the holy trinity was perceived to be the three different states of the mushroom. I'll try to find a link when I have some time. 

There are also many connections with amanitas and paganism, vikings, christmas etc

I remember many years ago on here that we reached out to several shaman about the HPPD condition to see if they experienced something similar... One responded, iirc, and said that while visuals can sometimes remain, they never suffered from anxiety or dpdr and any opening of the senses would be considered a gift.

Yes I wonder what shamans would recommend for us. Might be a good option to explore for us. I think maybe in the past they had less pollutants, plastics and noises in the environment. Higher quality food and closer communities as well. Maybe it was less stressful, so much less cases of HPPD and visual snow. Just speculating.

What was also interesting to me besides shamanism is that drugs were legal in the 1800s and early 1900s. Sherlock Holmes would do cocaine and opium and although he was a fictional character I'm sure he represented others during the same time period. Also Berlin in the 1920s was quite the party city:

How Drugs Like Pervitin And Cocaine Fueled The Nazis’ Rise And Fall

On 6/19/2024 at 5:45 AM, brake said:

Yes I wonder what shamans would recommend for us. Might be a good option to explore for us. I think maybe in the past they had less pollutants, plastics and noises in the environment. Higher quality food and closer communities as well. Maybe it was less stressful, so much less cases of HPPD and visual snow. Just speculating.

What was also interesting to me besides shamanism is that drugs were legal in the 1800s and early 1900s. Sherlock Holmes would do cocaine and opium and although he was a fictional character I'm sure he represented others during the same time period. Also Berlin in the 1920s was quite the party city:

How Drugs Like Pervitin And Cocaine Fueled The Nazis’ Rise And Fall

Possibly a shift in perspective around the condition / illness. in some traditions "healing" is a shift in perception. they may see it as a form of "spiritual emergency" i.e. crisis in relation to psychic opening etc.

yeah very interesting topic!

• 2 weeks later...