Tobacco and HPPD

Tobacco  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How does tobacco effect your hppd?

• Symptoms decrease for a short time
    • Symptoms increase for a short time
    • Tobacco doesn't seem to effect symptoms

do you notice any long term changes caused solely from nicotine?

Also, for the people that know how nicotine affects the brain and what areas of the brain affect hppd, could you give a logical input on how nicotine should affect HPPD?

• Upvote 1

Nicotine temporarily increases brain dopamine levels which could be why it decreases symptoms for some. Although this appears quite rare. But we know that for some people increasing dopamine improves symptoms. Dr Abraham's trial of HPPD patients with a combination of two meds to increase brain dopamine levels resulted in about a 75% improvement of symptoms in a third of patients.

Perhaps anyone who has an improvement of symptoms with nicotine would get an improvement of symptoms with something like Sinemet. But this is just guesswork on my part.

I don't smoke but I had read about possible improvements with nicotine before, so I smoked a cigarette at a party a couple of months back to see if it would have any effect. It didn't.

Makes me a bit more anxious, except when drinking.

I quit 6 weeks ago though, was surprisngly easy (I smoked for 20 years)... My wife bought me a CD-rom on how to quit.... I thought to myself, i'd rather just quit than have to spend 10 hours going through this CD-rom.

Laziness... the cure for smoking :rolleyes:

seems to make mine worse for afew minutes, but its because i hardly smoke sober, im just a social smoker in all honesty, so i get abit of a niccy rush and feel abit weird still every time lol

i could imagine if you smoked because you were addicted a cig would do the opposite

Maybe i'll start with 'snus', a swedish tobacco product which is basically tobacco in a tiny bag that you have under your lip. Much more nicotine than in cigs so maybe that can be a reliever?

They make me relax and they get rid of the visuals as long as keep under my lip. I try not to do it that often though, considering it's not very lady like and gum/mouth cancer sounds like a bitch.

i had some of that shit too, its wierd haha. i might try smokin a cuban now and again, see if it eases visuals. plus rollin around in a low black bmw with a cigar is just plain cool

I'm jelly, I don't know shit about cars, but I do know that I want rid of my truck and get an adui TT or an older BMW. Once you've driven a bmw there's no turning back! Just way tooo smooth. ;)

SEE I want to get an older one just like that, they're just so sexy. But I'm afraid it's going to cost me lots and lots because I hear maintenance is a lot and I don't have any guy friends who would be able to spot the problems in the car before I bought it.

haha :) ud be surprised actually. the parts are really cheap and theyr easy to work on so labour costs wouldnt be too expensive. old beemer or old mercedes. ultimate cool. most girls i know though hate my car, its the total opposite of a pussy magnet haha.

really? dam. i think i need to move to america and reap the rewards, my accent and car would definately haul them in haha

it gets not bad mileage, up to 35mpg, down to like 18 if u properly plant ur foot.

harry thatd be nuts haha, if he lets u drive it :P an r8 as a first car...dam!

well when i bought it, it was a 2.5 litre that had been tuned a bit so it was slightly worse mileage but it was proper fast. that engine blew up so its just a 2 litre now. im about to do a few engine mods but i dont think theyr effect gas mileage badly

daam man, whens he supposed to be getting it?

I have no idea, my dad is the most spontaneus man alive, after me ofc. He could get it tomorrow or in a few weeks, or he might end up buying something completely different, nothing he does surprises me anymore :P