hey guys, I need some advice!

r.trudeau

my wife isnt able to cut mushrooms because she cant smell it since the mushi trips^^

i love uncooked mushrooms. i always loved the taste of philosophia stones tastes like nuts and truffle^^

That is just crazy, when my hppd was really bad I'd eat anything in plain sight. At least I'm not a picky eater anymore. ;)

During, i'd say. After I felt really calm, a little jumbled, but I figured that's just because the trip was so intense. I actually did more coke that day, and smoked a few bowls. I had absolutely no idea about anything. Crazy stuff. It all seems really retarded now. I've actually recently been feeling better, things visually and mentally are seeming to clear up a little since I've been exercising. Either that or im getting really used to it.

I think it may be a mix of both, when I exercise my HPPD is almost non-existent for at least of couple of hours, but then it comes back, as fucking always.

Before Keppra, have you experience dp-dr?

Yep, indeed I did. That's main thing keppra has gotten rid of, actually. At first it was helping with the visuals, a lot, but then in seemed to get rid of my dp/dr, completely. Now I'm dp/dr free, but the only residual part of my HPPD is the VS, but I can get that to clear up by taking some benzos. It doesn't really bother me that much though, at least I have most of my old brain back. It's really nice not to have brain fog anymore, but damn, since the fog has been lifted it's kinda hard not to get overwhelmed at times.

Im afraid of goin into my old neighborhood and touching the walls or doors with my hands for fear that this kid i know who used to sell acid mightve touched em right before me...it's pretty OCD, but ive read cases of HPPDers gettin contact highs because our threshold is so low that it really freaks me out even though i realize how crazy it is

Oh god, I felt the same way. It got so bad that I actually moved away from my old neighborhood.

Hahah aw man im sorry to hear that, although i hate to say it's kinda nice to hear that im not goin through it alone. It's weird how we're all so different and have been brought up with such different ideas in our heads, yet the way we experience HPPD and deal with it are so similar.

Im so glad to hear youre feelin better. It definitely must be weird to go from HPPD to basically normal in just a few days like you did. I cant honestly remember what normal feels like anymore, or what a wall without static is supposed to look like.

me either, it makes me upset. the static i can handle though, the worst part is the fear of getting worse.

Yeah, i end up hating myself for doin it half the time, but the other half it doesnt really affect me and i end up havin alot of fun...drinkin and benzos is really all ill do anymore...i miss weed, but i dont expect to touch it ever again...and idk, i drink occasionally because i think that a few beers with my friends is better than staying at home moping and feeling sorry for myself...at least this way i forget and go out and have a few laughs and feel normal...better for my sense of normalcy and self in the long run i think, though i am tryin to quit drinkin for at least a year.

This thread really got blown up, wasn't expecting this at all when I made it. God, Keppra is doing it's job wonderfully, but it's making me want to return back to my old "ways." Every night I have dreams about smoking weed with my old buddies and mannn it's really making me miss hitting the pipe. I was a hardcore stonner before HPPD.

yeah same here. iam missing weed extremely.

last week i gave away my last weed because i thought i wont need it anymore(after 8 month^^)

every time when somebody smokes a spliff besides me i want to say give it to me but my mind is winning because i think this only makes everything worse.

i was stoned for the last 10 years without a break i think i must learn how to lead a drug free life but sometimes this bored me alot.

the only time i really forget about it is when iam going clubbing.

last weekend was the third time post HPPD i gave alc a try and it didnt make visuals worse even the next day was "normal".

I was also a major stoner before hppd and I'd love to have a few joints here and there nowadays... BUT how shit would it be to get schizophrenia!? I'm now the guy who tries to get his mates to stop smoking weed.

This thread really got blown up, wasn't expecting this at all when I made it. God, Keppra is doing it's job wonderfully, but it's making me want to return back to my old "ways." Every night I have dreams about smoking weed with my old buddies and mannn it's really making me miss hitting the pipe. I was a hardcore stonner before HPPD.

case of girl on the internet phenomenon perhaps? haha

i didnt really smoke much, was always skint, alcohol was my thing really being scottish. i would smoke if we were riding the trail or chillin on COD but thats about it, maybe like once every 2 months

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that happens to me too. The times ive felt better, i just go back to being my manic, hard-drinking drug-using old self, and then after about a week i inevitably get worse again, becoming the numb, laid back, depersonalized drone that i am today :)

I became a major stoner too, i miss it dearly. But honestly i smoked alot post hppd and it rarely felt good, so although i do remember how good it used to feel before and miss those feelings terribly, i just associate it with how shitty it made me feel after i got hppd, so i dont really indulge or even feel like indulging anymore.

btw trudeau how has keppra affected your cognitive issues?

Yea, it has. I feel emotions again and my brain feels almost as if it's refreshed. I'm also dreaming like my old self again, my speech issues are gone and my memory is becoming stronger day by day. It's nice to be able to read a chapter in a text book and remember it clearly, instead of re reading it ten times and only retaining the general concept. :)

• Upvote 1

Yea, it has. I feel emotions again and my brain feels almost as if it's refreshed. I'm also dreaming like my old self again, my speech issues are gone and my memory is becoming stronger day by day. It's nice to be able to read a chapter in a text book and remember it clearly, instead of re reading it ten times and only retaining the general concept. :)

Man this sounds good.

Reckon I'm gonna try keppra at the end of the year if things don't improve.

It's a miracle in a pill! All of my symptoms are gone except the snow, but it is much lighter and is only there if I try to spot it out. So the other day I saw a homeopathic doctor and she gave me a prescription to get into dispensers. I got some weed that was very low in thc and high in CBD and omg, it was like heaven, the CBD even made my visual now go away while under the influence.

• Upvote 1

I've heard that CBDs are theoretically supposed to relieve symptoms. Never heard anyone actually try it. Sounds like my ideal medicine though :) Glad to hear everything is going swell though! Sounds like I need to move to Seattle.

I've heard that CBDs are theoretically supposed to relieve symptoms. Never heard anyone actually try it. Sounds like my ideal medicine though :) Glad to hear everything is going swell though! Sounds like I need to move to Seattle.

Thanks man. And yeah it truly does relieve an array of symptoms and it is also neuro protective! It's almost too good to be true. Hope you're getting by well, too!