Dating with HPPD?

• 2 weeks later...

That's how I feel about it now, however after having had HPPD for years, and having told some people about it, from friends, family, etc. some people simply don't get it and can misinterpret it.

I can easily picture a woman freaking out and thinking "You see things! Schizophrenia! Potential axe murderer! Ahhhhhh!"

I'm exaggerating of course, but some people do tend to jump to the worst possible conclusions. There's also the factor of being judged harshly for past-psychedelic use (the types of women I like aren't people who use drugs and likely have limited experience with them, so I'm always careful when bringing up past drug use).

I told my girlfriend (now wife) after a couple of months, when things started to get more serious. I mainly explained the anxiety side of things and how it affected my mood and for her not to worry if i was quiet or couldn't do a big social even... I mentioned the visuals a bit, but just in terms of VS, which people seem to understand pretty well. 

I have been married for 40 years now so dating is a distant memory.  Finding another compatible human has so much to do with communication.  I figure, just be honest and open.  The "one for you" is out there.  Your paths just need to intersect.

I guess I'm lucky.  I met someone willing to put up with my strange.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...