Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
odysseus

Ayahuasca, should I go for it?

I just don't understand why you would risk aggrivating your symptoms. Whats the point of learning something from psychedelics if your going to be suffering for the next ten years?

You are so blessed that your symptoms are fading on there own I don't think I would slap the high priest in the face and then seek him out. Take the gift you have been given and do something to better yourself. Write a book about your experience with dr.'s teach meditation. I get that your serching but experience says your looking in the wrong area. We dont know enough to risk using any drugs find another avenue. If we didn't care we would not bother trying to talk you out of this.

im´not offering or saying you that you should take drugs, but if you cant stop then there are alot of more alternatives.

Seriously, all drugs i mentioned aren´t comparebale from the intenseness as Iboga or MDMA bla .......

So just as a question: Why Iboga???

Why not Meskalin, DMT or anything like that??

Iboga is one big Mindfuck, and yes, it may shows you how you should live, but can you hold all the things you´ll see??

May they´ll fuck you up more then before.

And about the alternatives:

I do drugs, i´m stupid, just like you trying iboga.

The thing is: I know what high i get, you dont know what will happen on iboga so how will you handle it?

If you take drugs you already know that aren´t that pushing, it may give you from the beginning a big safety.

because you know what comes.

......So sorry if i give bad advices, but i only share my expeirence, and as we are all different, none of the methods anyone mentions may will work, but may will....So fuck HPPD it will chase us for a long while, you can do Cocain, iboga and MDMA as much as you want, but it wont help, i dont think you´re the first one trying... :D

I talked to my Ayahuasca/Iboga contact and asked him about the set/setting. The impression I got was that there´s a lot of westerners gathered at the session and they we´re supposedly "dedicated people". When I asked critical questions, my contact got insulted and arrogant. I got a bad feeling about this thing but I guess I expected too much wanting a real-live shaman there. I will put this idea on the shelf, my interest in psychedelics has faded anyway.

Thanks for listening.

Ayahuasca will fuck you right up if you already have HPPD, I've got mild HPPD that was getting better daily even with months of continuous weed and alcohol, then last week I had a subvisual dose of aya and kept topping up hoping to get some visuals but ended up dissociated and now it's nasty CEV's, heavy after images, worsened light sensitivity, a traumatic memory of being in a thought loop from the last experience, creep dreams that ignite into DMT trips that wake me up and leave and after image on top. It's enhanced my HPPD into depersonalization and constant flashbacks if I smoke weed.

I've thrown the rest of that evil insidious shit in the bin. Stay away from ayahuasca for treating anything HPPD related.

i have done DMT post HPPD.. which was a stupid thing to do. I dont recomend it as it will amp / make your symptoms worse.

will rather try to get a hold of Iboga as this could help with my alcohol addiction which is my current "drug" problem.

I Member called MissJess took Iboga and it caused her hppd and a host of other majour problems .. after hearing her story i would not touch that shit ever.

If you want to fuck yourself up go for it, i dont condone it....

• Upvote 1

If u need something additional help to withdraw from alchol possibly you could try something like "Seroquel"

Guided by a GP.

Or maybe you could ask your GP about it.

Im not recomending this, tho it may be an option.

I have used it to sucessfully withdraw from Clonazapam and Alchol.

I think that would be a better option than Iboga.

You maybe able to "Dig Up" posts by miss Jess - She actually made a u tube video about her experience with Iboga, how it caused her debilitating HPPD and put her in hospital ect ect Her intention behind doing the video was to warn others.

I personally have met someone who got HPPD from Ayahuasca.

Well, I'm not sure if I will believe what you say. Ayahuasca is not really a hallucinogen, it's more of a kind of an anaesthetic.

Well, I'm not sure if I will believe what you say. Ayahuasca is not really a hallucinogen, it's more of a kind of an anaesthetic.

I saw your post and just wanted to chime in.Im not sure where you got your information from but I have participated in 12 ayahuasca ceremonies and it is massively hallucinogenic.I have had some ceremonies that were fairly light on the visuals,just a sedated feeling like you mentioned and I have had others that were the most intense psychedelic experiences of my life.

I would really recommend not taking it if you already have any HPPD symptoms,I made that mistake a year and a half ago and I'm still really messed up.I used to have minor visuals and DP/DR,nothing too serious, but after my last ceremony my symptoms became so severe I had to quit my job and have still not returned yet.Every day is a living nightmare and I often break down from the regret of not letting things be,I enjoyed the psychedelic experience so much that I figured the gamble was worth it but I had no idea how much I had to lose.Seriously man,its really not worth it.

• Upvote 2

You can agree with it or not... those are the facts.

I work in an inpatient mental health unit and the only patient I ever met who had HPPD was a 17 year old kid who got HPPD from a ceremony in Columbia.  It eventually went away but he had only had 2 experiences.

yeah ... listen to FlatBeat.. its NOT worth it..

maybe practice entering non ordinary states "Natrually"....

Indeed.Yes, it is a shame that you might not be able to do psychedelics again with dedication and practice you can enter similar expansive states.After a few years of meditation I've had some amazing transcendental experiences,it just takes dedication.

• Upvote 1

Go for sport be sure its the best option dont wait even how hard it is in the beginning, dont sit and wait for effect of medicins start today sport and condition its your bigest wapon

I work in an inpatient mental health unit ...

That is exactly the reason why you fu*king co*ksu*ker have infiltrated this forum with even more bullsh*t scare propaganda. 

I'm not sure where to start, but for me: LSD, shrooms, Ayahuasca and Ibogaine are natural remedies that can help people overcome a lot of mental problems. Please don't make HPPD into an evil thing; HPPD is actually a very mild condition, so don't exaggarate any bi-products of these substances... Their positive effects always overcome the negative.

– Kind regards from the secret psychiatrist

• Upvote 6

That is exactly the reason why you fu*king co*ksu*ker have infiltrated this forum with even more bullsh*t scare propaganda. 

I'm not sure where to start, but for me: LSD, shrooms, Ayahuasca and Ibogaine are natural remedies that can help people overcome a lot of mental problems. Please don't make HPPD into an evil thing; HPPD is actually a very mild condition, so don't exaggarate any bi-products of these substances... Their positive effects always overcome the negative.

– Kind regards from the secret psychiatrist

Mmmm kay... calm down there buddy.

Had some bad experiences with mental heath facilities have we?  FFS.

Kick odyseus he dont know wat people are suffering.

You thinking its funny

Not thinking it's funny, I know HPPD. And you guys stop whining, it's not a serious syndrome. If you feel like suicidal, there's something else that's bugging you.

• Upvote 1

Mmmm kay... calm down there buddy.

Had some bad experiences with mental heath facilities have we?  FFS.

Yes, the people from The Insane Police are just a bigger fu*k-up in the a*s. No so-called "mental health professionals" can ever help you with HPPD, they just make everything worse. That's why I'm angry with them losers.

Dude really ? Come on ..ayahuasca is a strong hallucinogenic I should know as I've drank it 8 times (this was before getting hppd from Iboga)

Don't fuking do it if u ever want to get better from hppd ! That's all I can say

I thought I had hit my hppd wall until I stupidly tried Salvia. That changed my visuals yet again, and I now see what I can only describe as 3D cogs overlayed onto my hppd vision.

My guess is that there is always a new level to hit, and ayahuasca would likely put you up a level.