Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odysseus

Ayahuasca, should I go for it?

63 posts in this topic

I have the option of trying Ayahuasca soon. There is a guide and everything. My HPPD is at an all time low. My closed eye visuals are barely noticable, the worst thing is this out of body feeling and bad nerves which I think is DP/DR. My friend has a positive feeling, but I`m a bit worried. I´ve had some stressful trips before but nothing that put me over the top. Any views? Thanks..!

mmm in the dpselfhelp forum some guy try ayahuasca and it helps a lot. BUT its very dangerous, if you're visual are low dont put more drugs into your brain. Ayahuasca its a Vipassana meditation in 2 hs.... you will be on your own risk.

No, Ayahuasca is an 8 hour DMT trip. DMT really aggravated my symptoms, ayahuasca is almost guaranteed to do the same, at least for me...but everyones hppd is different.

Is this serious, man? Why? Just, why? Go watch a 3d movie or something. Don't you see how many of us would do anything to have it's health back? Yet you have it, know what can go wrong, and still want to put it in risk for a (arguably) fun experience? I can't understand.

Ayahuasca does not seem to be different from other psychedelics in how it effects visuals. It can be a very healing experience but I wouldn't expect it to decrease visuals, I have used low doses and in my experience visuals are more pronounced for a week or two or three afterwards (my experience of post HPPD use of psychedelics seems atypical as I have not found my visuals to have further increased long-term, through low doses at least).

Does your guide know of your issues with HPPD? I would discuss it with them before the session, make sure they are as informed as possible.

If you are intent on having ayahuasca then perhaps you could microdose outside of the ceremony as an 'allergy test' to see how that effects you. Have you used other substances post HPPD? How did they effect you?

I´ve tried mushrooms and hashish after my initial HPPD onset. It went OK, but some uncomfortable feelings. I think I´m well enough for Ayahuasca but it may be a bad choice.

Is this serious, man? Why? Just, why? Go watch a 3d movie or something. Don't you see how many of us would do anything to have it's health back? Yet you have it, know what can go wrong, and still want to put it in risk for a (arguably) fun experience? I can't understand.

What he says.

After HPPD, you should never do drugs again. It's the ONLY sensible choice.

As previously stated... Aya is basically orally active DMT. Plus, the way it is made orally active is through addition of MAOIs... Which, in themselves can be dangerous to hppd individuals. From what ive read, anyways. Besides, from personl experience, the trip isnt nearly worth the nusea. Ever done payote? Its like that but worse... Imagine that, makes mi stomache upset just thinking about it

OK people, I apologise if I offended you. I really appreciate your concern.

I´m constantly assessing my condition and I don´t think I will do Ayahuasca at this time. I will rather try to get a hold of Iboga as this could help with my alcohol addiction which is my current "drug" problem.

Aint that also a hallucinogene, i mean seriously? Why are you pretending like this is somekind of game? Take antabus instead (that's what's it's called in sweden) it makes you almost puke when you drink even a single drop of alcohol. No addiction is impossible to get rid of without meds also...

I would think you would learn your lesson by now. You know that you could be permenantly stuck with HPPD. Is it really worth it to risk having HPPD for 8 hours of fun?

8 hours of fun? If you're doing ayahuasca, you're not doing it for fun. Ayahuasca is completely unlike just dropping acid at your house. Visuals, sure they are probably going to be intense, but everyone who does ayahuasca talks about how cleansing and cathartic it is. It can potentially show you how to fix your problems and lead a better life. And as someone mentioned, someone claimed to have his HPPD cured by ayahuasca sessions. It no doubt is risky. I think psychedelics should always be used in a sacred context, with the right purpose of being able to use the altered state to improve your life. Psychedelic psychotherapy yay. I've never done it, but I would given the chance. But even if you use a psychedelic in a good context for the right reasons, you could still find yourself in a difficult place, so it's best to be with the aid of someone experienced in the area or whatever.

I was offered the chance to go for the big A not long ago.

Something I'd like to share with you all from Dr. Abraham that relates directly to drug use.

Once you get the message, hang up the phone.

Yes, Iboga is a psychedelic but supposed to me much milder than LSD and shrooms. I dont´t get what you mean by "seeing this as a game" or just 8 hours of fun? My doctor has not offered me Antabus, but a stay at a detox center and I´m considering that.

I don´t see this as fun, but a struggle for my health and I´m ready to try various things to help me out. I reckon Ayahuasca is more for spiritual travel, but Iboga is known to have healing properties against addictions. I haven´t touched psychedelics in 9 years and smoked twice in 5 years so I don´t have a drug problem but I drink alcohol and Iboga has been used against this for a long time.

You can take a look a this site: www.ibogahouse.com. The treatment lasts for 9 days and they have someone watching over you all the time. Unfortunately, I don´t currrently have the means to go to Costa Rica but Iboga is available in my country once in a while and I have the chance to give it a try.

hope1: Your post gives no meaning, did Dr. Abraham offer you an Ayahuasca trip *lol* or are you just trying to be a joker???

By the way, why all this hostility towards natural healing plants? You guys gladly pop any man-made chemical pill that some multi-billionaire company will never give you the recipe to in the hope that you will be well, but you condemn a thousand year old natural healing agent that is almost for free?

I think what Dr. Abraham was trying to say, at least to me, is that once you have a mystical experience of a transcendental nature, you don't need to keep at it. Personally, natural or synthetic I'd stay from anything that could further scramble my brain. It took me years to deal with this horror in the beginning and it's still a struggle. Just think before you take the plunge.

I have heard a lot about "positive reentry" after a bad trip. There may be a chance that your "reentry" has positive benefits, but what are the chances: 15 to 1, 50 to 1. Sounds like some bad odds. But what you have to realize is that:

it is just a poisonous chemical that is altering your consciousness. Listen aliens didn't plant these hallucinogens as a gift from some higher force for your benefit. Often times these plants/fungi include others toxins also that they evolved into having so that either some idiot human wants to keep growing it, or some idiot human or animal won't eat it, because it will make 'em sick. I do believe in god as well as evolution but I don't want to get into a spiritual/evolution debate. The main point was brought up by Hope1: Once you get the message, hang up the phone.

I think that Ayahacuasa would only help at Psychologic problems like DP/DR, not optical problems.

So if you really feel like youre not in your body i would try it.

But if you have HPPD and your visuals are low, be happy how it is now.

it may could be the Best expierience you can have, or may the worst....Imagine you get stucked on DMT, uiuiui......

If you really need drugs (I do too :D), then think about what drugs you can take.

You have to forget about MDMA and Speed n Stuff, and think more on uncommon Drugs.

ever thought about CocaiN??..fuck it, take an overdose of guarana (Believe me) and youll go like a rocket.

Want to smoke some weed but you get anxiety ??...Take some Kratom, same turn just with happy thoughts, just dont overdose :D

There are so much !healthier! Drugs than the common one´s, and you achieve almost the same high :D

Uppers:

Guarana, Coffeine, Mate (not the partner), chewing! kratom leaves, Ibuprofen...

Downers: Kratom-Tea, Carisoprodol,Leonotis leonurus, Methylphenidad, Melatonin, L-Tryptophan...

Things like that....But i don´t know how this will be in your Brain so please don´t go save on that ones....and don´t take drugs seriously, imagine your symptoms get worse....

Hey, the "once you get the message, hang up the phone" is a quote from Alan Watts, who for sure praised psychedelics for understanding your own nature. There's actually a recording of him somewhere coming off of an LSD experience, discussing how it did not feel as if he was "losing" his high. He realized each moment was divine. Or some shit like that. Metaphysical stuff is best to be avoided.

it is just a poisonous chemical that is altering your consciousness. Listen aliens didn't plant these hallucinogens as a gift from some higher force for your benefit. Often times these plants/fungi include others toxins also that they evolved into having so that either some idiot human wants to keep growing it, or some idiot human or animal won't eat it, because it will make 'em sick. I do believe in god as well as evolution but I don't want to get into a spiritual/evolution debate. The main point was brought up by Hope1: Once you get the message, hang up the phone.

Interesting thought. The ayahuasca shamans say that they found the ingredients of the mixture under the guidance of plant spirits. Regardless, that mixture is an important part of those cultures. Same for peyote tribes. A lot of people will say that psychedelics are here to help us remember our relationship to nature. I don't really know and I don't really care because that whole area is quite weird and I like the human world. I don't think psychedelics have to be all about transcending. They can be used to grow closer to your own body and other people.

^ You're Right! I forgot that was Alan Watts. Well.....it seems to me that HPPD causes you to be so "spacey" that you couldn't be more down-to-earth, literally. Instead of feeling at one with the universe, you barely feel at one with your body. .....or mind.

I think that Ayahacuasa would only help at Psychologic problems like DP/DR, not optical problems.

So if you really feel like youre not in your body i would try it.

But if you have HPPD and your visuals are low, be happy how it is now.

it may could be the Best expierience you can have, or may the worst....Imagine you get stucked on DMT, uiuiui......

If you really need drugs (I do too :D), then think about what drugs you can take.

You have to forget about MDMA and Speed n Stuff, and think more on uncommon Drugs.

ever thought about CocaiN??..fuck it, take an overdose of guarana (Believe me) and youll go like a rocket.

Want to smoke some weed but you get anxiety ??...Take some Kratom, same turn just with happy thoughts, just dont overdose :D

There are so much !healthier! Drugs than the common one´s, and you achieve almost the same high :D

Uppers:

Guarana, Coffeine, Mate (not the partner), chewing! kratom leaves, Ibuprofen...

Downers: Kratom-Tea, Carisoprodol,Leonotis leonurus, Methylphenidad, Melatonin, L-Tryptophan...

Things like that....But i don´t know how this will be in your Brain so please don´t go save on that ones....and don´t take drugs seriously, imagine your symptoms get worse....

I don´t think this advice is very good, but I may misunderstand your intention. Why are you promoting other drugs to me?

None of you want to discuss the potential positive aspects of "entheogens", but since we have HPPD it seems like a moot point. I´d like to say that even if I got problems from them, I had some positive experiences but now my trips just seem like distant dreams.

Psychedelics never made me religious but I have some belief that they can teach you something. But I got scared of them and I´m not sure if I will ever do them again, even if I made this post. The Iboga session is in September so I have time to decide. OK, so you got HPPD and you hate psychedelics now, but you cannot deny that there may be a use for them in a medical way. Yes, it´s risky even if it´s done in a "safe set and setting" but you can abuse benzos as well.

I´m still not sure but thanks for your replies all.

i want you to take it for the purely selfish mengele-like desire to see what will happen to you, but being too cowardly to find out myself first hand. Does hppd happen if there is a proper setting, support and psycho-spiritual issues are able to be fully worked through? Also, if you do do the irresponsible, consider taking acetyl cysteine before, during, and after, which protects against glutamate excitotoxicity and will help you process toxins. Good luck with your decision, and keep us informed of your choice.

Tripping can be great man but we have HPPD so we really shouldn't ever do it again. Our brains can't handle it. I only got to trip once but it was amazing, yet terrifying, Its an experience I think everyone should have but the risks are too high to be worth it.

Emily: I got HPPD from LSD and mushrooms.

Brendan: You´re bullying me like dancetrooper, hahaha! Dr. Mengele and all *lol*. Yes, I feel like a fool considering this but evaluate my point of view: I "hate" modern medical science and all psychoactive medication like neuroleptica, SSRI´s and benzos. I have told you I was diagnosed with schizophrenia but I did´nt tell about all the horrible things modern psychiatry has done to me. I´m not bitter still, but they have done zip zero for my condition! And now HPPD is fading out by itself and I still want to explore my mind and heart like an honest seeker. I´m an explorer doing deliberate experiments on my own brain but after almost 10 years of oppression I will take the liberty to trust my own spirituality/religiousness/intellect and believe that a high priest of Africa (or something) can help me and his age-old wisdom will not be seen as underdeveloped heathenism just because my arrogant Western upbringing tells me to. If a 10 year educated psychiatrist cannot heal me, it´s not any dumber to try an ancient healer with natural means. Even if Ayahuasca and Iboga are considered psychedelics they are not LSD and mushrooms and they have helped a lot of people. I´m done with drugs, extasy, cocaine and all but you know, psychedelics (what a stupid term anyway) fall into the grey area between narcotics and medicine because of modern man-made laws. I believe my mind is strong and if 15+ medications did´nt kill me, I´ll gladly go psychotic for one time´s sake from that natural plant we talk about.

Thanks for all input, over and out for now...