My introduction

ExtremeVoid101

Hey guys, just another new person here 

I’ve developed mild HPPD symptoms after binging mdma roughly 4 months ago. It doesn’t really bother me that much, I can still read and preform tasks that demand some degree of concentration just fine, and as most of the OGs suggest, I’ve stayed sober for some time after developing the initial stuff. 

I don’t feel like I have increased anxiety from this, or dp/dr. I’ve always been somewhat depressed and relied on weed and alcohol to keep me company when I felt down, so I’ve also been dealing with that now. It’s been rough... but manageable. 

just this week I decided to start drinking again. Had very little yesterday and honestly I don’t think it had any effect on my visuals at all, which is good. I can do caffeine just fine also. Any amount pretty much. 

those of you who drink, do you usually stick to beer? Also, I do plan on trying weed again at some point in the future... probably 1.5 years into recovery or whenever I feel like it after that mark. 

im 24. Symptoms are some degree of negative images and VS (some degree of it... little particles that dart across my visual field from time to time) 

Edited by ExtremeVoid101

Weclome to the forum, sounds like you are doing everything in the right way. Go easy on the alcohol, A few people here have turned mild symptoms into moderate or severe ones by drinking heavily. Stick to a few lower % beers, try to avoid getting drunk.

Personally, I would forget weed 100%... It sounds like you have had a glimpse into the world of hppd without the true horror of it... Weed can quickly push you up a few levels. It's a lovely drug, but is not worth the potential of a lifetime of mental illness.

Chances are after 1.5 years without it, you will realise there are better things in life anyway.

7 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Weclome to the forum, sounds like you are doing everything in the right way. Go easy on the alcohol, A few people here have turned mild symptoms into moderate or severe ones by drinking heavily. Stick to a few lower % beers, try to avoid getting drunk.

Personally, I would forget weed 100%... It sounds like you have had a glimpse into the world of hppd without the true horror of it... Weed can quickly push you up a few levels. It's a lovely drug, but is not worth the potential of a lifetime of mental illness.

Chances are after 1.5 years without it, you will realise there are better things in life anyway.

Hey man, thanks for the reply, love your posts here. I will definitely go easy on the alcohol as I have read such cases here before, my plan is to pretty much increase dosage gradually over a long period of time. About weed, maybe you’re right, but I don’t know. A good friend of mine has had hppd for quite a while now and he smokes it just fine, I think it’s more of a case by case thing