Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum

Hello guys,

During the last 3 months my symptoms increased a lot and I still thinking it’s because Sertraline. I’ve been taking Sertraline 100mg for 3 years now, same with Lorazepam 1g, every day during 3 years.

I talked to my med and he wants to take me off the Sertraline and change Lorazepam for Clonazepam some weeks / months. I am super afraid of withadrawl and also of still using benzodiazepines. My symptoms nowadays are: Severe VS, severe ghosting and palinopsia with afterimages, photophobia, photopsias, nyctalopia, flashes, color problems, apparent movement in objects, kind of bugs in vision, and really mild shaking vision (just on my periphery).

What I can do? Please I need help because my symptoms are so severe nowadays and I don’t want to get them worse, actually I would like they come back at least to last year were they weren’t so noticeable. 
I get intrusive thoughts everyday and I need help. I’m 21 years old.

Your symptoms are not getting worse, your anxiety levels are higher thus making already experienced phenomenon appear worse. Try to relax. 

29 minutes ago, jackk10 said:

Your symptoms are not getting worse, your anxiety levels are higher thus making already experienced phenomenon appear worse. Try to relax. 

Maybe it could be, my grandmom is dying and I am doing antidepressants + benzos withadrawl slowly, so maybe it’s a mix between all. But how much time can the anxiety and panic make the symptoms worse?? Because it’s been 2 days since the post and symptoms keep worsening🥺

1 hour ago, AntoCVSS said:

Maybe it could be, my grandmom is dying and I am doing antidepressants + benzos withadrawl slowly, so maybe it’s a mix between all. But how much time can the anxiety and panic make the symptoms worse?? Because it’s been 2 days since the post and symptoms keep worsening🥺

What a stressful time! Youre stressed and your  brain is tired, you need a break. Try to focus on the positives in your life and accept that you can’t control everything. You sound alot like me on a bad day! Everything is going to be alright, you’re going to be fine. I know you need reassurance but reassurance feeds your anxiety, try some relaxation therapy. 

11 minutes ago, jackk10 said:

What a stressful time! Youre stressed and your  brain is tired, you need a break. Try to focus on the positives in your life and accept that you can’t control everything. You sound alot like me on a bad day! Everything is going to be alright, you’re going to be fine. I know you need reassurance but reassurance feeds your anxiety, try some relaxation therapy. 

Thank you so much man. I am on meditation but I am not getting big results. Would you recommend me some?🙏🏻

2 minutes ago, AntoCVSS said:

Thank you so much man. I am on meditation but I am not getting big results. Would you recommend me some?🙏🏻

I dont know whether I have visual snow or HPPD (just posted about it) so I don’t take medication. I would personally work on the mental component of your symptoms, which is working on accepting and allowing it to become something that runs in the background of your mind. Relaxation therapy, exercise and talking through your reactions/feelings towards your symptoms will help massively, I promise. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sambabeat78
      Hello my friends, 
      I'm writing an article for The Independent about HPPD. I'd like to talk first-hand with sufferers of the disorder and document their stories. This article will spread awareness about the risks of psychedelic drug-taking and show what can go wrong. 
      If you're interested in having a short chat or sending a summary of your experience with HPPD, then please email me at eddie.prideaux@gmail.com. You can be anonymous on request, don't worry. 
      Ed
    • By Nic
      Hello. I'm kind of new here, first time posting.
      I'm struggling with visual snow  (i think it is, because I see little floating dots when looking up the sky that looks kind of like, i don't know, sperm?and I note everything is a bit of pink, especially in the dark. Sometimes i can't tell if something is totally white or white with a little bit of pink). This is happening for about 6-7 months now, after a bad trip with LSD, which I used before like 20/25 times in the period of 1,5/2 years (but with little dosage, like 1/4 ou 1/2). In that period I also used MDMA and a hell lot of weed. The last time I used LSD was 6-7 months ago, MDMA I used once like 2 months ago and about a week ago I stoped to smoke weed, because I finally accepted what it was going on, and things have improve a little because before when I was under the effect of marijuana I would see everything very colorful or slight moving when looking at walls or other big surfaces.
      I could not notice all of this to be so strong at first, or maybe I just could not accepted, but I always knew something was going on. I don't know if it got strongger or simply I started to really pay attencion and note it.
      I also feel disconnect to my body, and i saw that this two are the most common symptoms for people with hppd.
      I can't stop crying and having suicidal thoughts, and I'm very afraid of starting a medicine that will make my visuals worse, because I king have a feeling that when I see once, i can't un-see it somethings? i don't know. But also, I can not think about doing nothing because it gives me like a panic attack or something.
      Any ways, I don't speak english very well (you probably noticed), and in my country nobody really seems to care about this kind of stuff (treatment for hppd). So I'm consulting with a psychiatrist this week and I would like some help with information about some medicine that have low risk of worsed visuals (that is my worse fear), but has a chance to improve the visuals and the DP.
      I'm kind afraid of taking Lamotrigine or Keppra because a lot of people have seem to have more visuals with time? I also saw that Naltrexone seems to help some people, but this one guy said the visuals got worse as the medicine "goes away" within a few hours. Clonazepam is very commom, but I don't know if can help with the visual or only with the despersonalization. Someone post about imitrex being good with this. What can you guys tell me?
      I think, based on what I have read here, that my symptoms are milder, but they still are torturing me, and I don't know what to do. I'm very afraid of never get better and I'm done with all kinds of illegal drugs. I don't have anyone I can really trust with all of this, so I seeking for information and help from you guys... Thanks a lot for anyone that can help.

N.
    • By AntoCVSS
      Hey guys,
      I started taking Clonazepam in a really small dose (0,2mg per day) 3 days ago, and yesterday evening I started getting possitive palinopsia and hard afterimages.
      Is it possible that Clonazepam induced me this?
      My psychiatrist prescribed it to me for Sertraline and Lorazepam withadrawl, for not getting too much abstinence (I am currently on Sertraline 50mg and Lorazepam 0,5mg and going down every week step by step)
    • By mcloud93
      Hello all! I took high grade acid a month ago and had a good trip, although I have been dealing with some very mild static. I think it might be going away but I can’t really tell. I have access to CBD oil, would it help get rid of the symptoms quicker or temporarily? How much should I take at a time? Should I micro dose? Maybe I am impatient; I have been fasting from weed, alc, shrooms, nic, etc for the whole month haha
      thanks!!
    • By AntoCVSS
      Hey guys,
      I’ve been suffering VSS for 2 years into mild and not too symptomatic way, but last month it became so several worse and I want to ask you something about my symptoms because I am super confused and afraid.
      Let me explain my case.
      About 2 - 3 years ago I tried hashis cigarette from some friends, I had a really bad trip with visual hallucinogens (something that got me super anxious and depressed, I didn’t like the effect).
      After some weeks I got panic attacks and much anxiety, so my doctors prescribed me Sertraline 100mg and Lorazepam 1g per day. After some months of getting alright I started getting VS symptom, static dots in my vision like a TV. I went to the doctor but my vision was alright and my brain too, so as it didn’t bother me too much I lived with it for 2 years.
      On Summer 2019 I felt so good so I stopped the medication gradually, I stopped the full medication on December 2019. Last month I got too anxious because a medical test. So my VS got worse and I started with flashes in the eyes, palinopsia and severe nyctalopia. I also had a kind of bad tinnitus so I went to the doctor and got treated with Dacortin (corticosteroids).
      and also I had to start again with my psychiatrist medication because anxiety and obsessive compulsive intrusive thoughts.
      Nowadays my VSS is super severe but I also have some weird, uncomfortable symptoms, and I get something new everyday, I am super afraid.
      I have really severe symptoms: VS, palinopsia, nyctalopia, afterimages, really hard flashes at the edge of my vision, spontaneous and random black and bright dots that appear and disappear from the vision quickly, and also I have the perception of looking and object and the object moves so lengt but it only have a seconds duration.
      Everyday from 1 month symptoms get worse and worse, I had to stop working because my world is so distorted.
      Do you think it’s VSS, or HPPD??
      What I can do and how I can be threated? I need help.
      I saw a lot of success on Clonazepam and Clonidine or Lamotrigine. Should I go to the doctor to get a prescription of those? I am super afraid, anxious and desesperated.
      I also have obsesive and intrusive thoughts about becoming schizophrenic, or suffering it for all the life. I can’t live with that, I feel like living into a psichedelic trip, and I NEVER tried LSD, cocaine, MDMA, or something like that, I have been always fear of these kind of drugs. So what do you think?
      Looking for your answer, thanks for your time and attention.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.