My symptoms got worse, I need help :(

Hello guys,

During the last 3 months my symptoms increased a lot and I still thinking it’s because Sertraline. I’ve been taking Sertraline 100mg for 3 years now, same with Lorazepam 1g, every day during 3 years.

I talked to my med and he wants to take me off the Sertraline and change Lorazepam for Clonazepam some weeks / months. I am super afraid of withadrawl and also of still using benzodiazepines. My symptoms nowadays are: Severe VS, severe ghosting and palinopsia with afterimages, photophobia, photopsias, nyctalopia, flashes, color problems, apparent movement in objects, kind of bugs in vision, and really mild shaking vision (just on my periphery).

What I can do? Please I need help because my symptoms are so severe nowadays and I don’t want to get them worse, actually I would like they come back at least to last year were they weren’t so noticeable. 
I get intrusive thoughts everyday and I need help. I’m 21 years old.

29 minutes ago, jackk10 said:

Your symptoms are not getting worse, your anxiety levels are higher thus making already experienced phenomenon appear worse. Try to relax. 

Maybe it could be, my grandmom is dying and I am doing antidepressants + benzos withadrawl slowly, so maybe it’s a mix between all. But how much time can the anxiety and panic make the symptoms worse?? Because it’s been 2 days since the post and symptoms keep worsening🥺

1 hour ago, AntoCVSS said:

Maybe it could be, my grandmom is dying and I am doing antidepressants + benzos withadrawl slowly, so maybe it’s a mix between all. But how much time can the anxiety and panic make the symptoms worse?? Because it’s been 2 days since the post and symptoms keep worsening🥺

What a stressful time! Youre stressed and your  brain is tired, you need a break. Try to focus on the positives in your life and accept that you can’t control everything. You sound alot like me on a bad day! Everything is going to be alright, you’re going to be fine. I know you need reassurance but reassurance feeds your anxiety, try some relaxation therapy. 

11 minutes ago, jackk10 said:

What a stressful time! Youre stressed and your  brain is tired, you need a break. Try to focus on the positives in your life and accept that you can’t control everything. You sound alot like me on a bad day! Everything is going to be alright, you’re going to be fine. I know you need reassurance but reassurance feeds your anxiety, try some relaxation therapy. 

Thank you so much man. I am on meditation but I am not getting big results. Would you recommend me some?🙏🏻

2 minutes ago, AntoCVSS said:

Thank you so much man. I am on meditation but I am not getting big results. Would you recommend me some?🙏🏻

I dont know whether I have visual snow or HPPD (just posted about it) so I don’t take medication. I would personally work on the mental component of your symptoms, which is working on accepting and allowing it to become something that runs in the background of your mind. Relaxation therapy, exercise and talking through your reactions/feelings towards your symptoms will help massively, I promise.