when will this sh*t stop?

HPPD goes away over time it can take years for it Ive had it since last August and It effected a lot for me but it does go away you need to focus on more than just drug use like stress disorder or your eating habits and sleep habits. I cut drug use out for the first time when I first self diagnosed myself with it and it was terrible I was scared of everything and thought something would come up behind me and kill me any second but Ive stopped worrying about it and stopped stressing so much so now I only get it after smoking some weed.

• Thanks 1

Be patient.  Healing can take a long time and the severity of visuals can vary from day to day.  You're not taking drugs now.  That's the single most important thing you can do.  As the last post suggests, focus on trying to get your anxiety under control.  I realize that's easier said than done.  I find that exercise is one of the best ways to deal with stress.  I've also found meditation to be very helpful.  Don't stress because a month has gone by with no improvement.  It takes time.

Hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MadDoc said:

Be patient.  Healing can take a long time and the severity of visuals can vary from day to day.  You're not taking drugs now.  That's the single most important thing you can do.  As the last post suggests, focus on trying to get your anxiety under control.  I realize that's easier said than done.  I find that exercise is one of the best ways to deal with stress.  I've also found meditation to be very helpful.  Don't stress because a month has gone by with no improvement.  It takes time.

Hang in there.

Thank you very much, your answers to my topic had relaxed me a lot, everybody here had  been so helpful to me i can thank you enough!, i cant give up i just cant i love life this wont ruin my life Thank you everybody ! 😄 

Let me give you some advice from someone who has recovered probably 80-90%. Time makes your visuals SO much better. I’ve been sober for 2 years straight, I somewhat recently have tried smoking weed here and there, I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. Be kind to yourself and your brain, give yourself some time to heal. I can literally promise you that you will get better with time. 

• Thanks 1

Its normal, sometimes the symptoms get worse before they start to get better. For some strange reason my visual snow didn’t even appear till a month after I got HPPD. Didn’t know what the fuck was even happening to me because the doctors didn’t have an explanation.

Edited by Fawkinchit
  • Thanks 1