Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Jay1

General advice

It did for me.... MDMA ruined my life.

Here's a tip... Every single drug has the potential to make this worse, literally every single one.

It seems like I have all the symptoms sorted out, like I have an idea of what they all are. But there is one symptom that I haven’t seen anyone talk about and I’m really anxious about it, when I go to sleep or when I’m in a dark room, I see black shapes that morph around in my peripheral vision, (like my far peripherals) and it scares me because every time I look it up, i convince myself I have retinal detachment, but it’s been happening for like years I’m sure, and retinal detachment happens Fast like in days, or within a week, and I’ve only started paying attention to it recently, so I notice it all the time, I can deal with it, I just want to know if it’s normal for someone with HPPD to have this. So what I was wondering was, does anyone else get this? Anything would be good just so I know thanks. Also I’m blind in one eye so I don’t know if I could be seeing a little bit out of my blind eye and that’s why I only see it in the dark? Honestly I’m clueless.

I have this too when very tired and I got sleep. I have it in my whole field of view though. It's like if shadows move around along with the static.

Like pitch black?? Because I get that too around my whole vision but with multi colours but I get the other thing and it’s in the peripherals and pitch black, I feel like it  might be different maybe? Idk 

On 11/24/2018 at 3:46 PM, Tistik said:

It seems like I have all the symptoms sorted out, like I have an idea of what they all are. But there is one symptom that I haven’t seen anyone talk about and I’m really anxious about it, when I go to sleep or when I’m in a dark room, I see black shapes that morph around in my peripheral vision, (like my far peripherals) and it scares me because every time I look it up, i convince myself I have retinal detachment, but it’s been happening for like years I’m sure, and retinal detachment happens Fast like in days, or within a week, and I’ve only started paying attention to it recently, so I notice it all the time, I can deal with it, I just want to know if it’s normal for someone with HPPD to have this. So what I was wondering was, does anyone else get this? Anything would be good just so I know thanks. Also I’m blind in one eye so I don’t know if I could be seeing a little bit out of my blind eye and that’s why I only see it in the dark? Honestly I’m clueless.

I am not sure if i understand what you mean but I guess so. I was really shocked when i noticed the first time, it was like i was seeing some kind of letters attached to each other in a circle spinning around. When i focus on it they become coloured and they seem to be letters but I cant "catch" them... Its weird as hell but i guess i can live with it..