Hi, I am new to this website, however, I have been lurking around for some time as just a spectator. 

Has anyone tried VA or Memantine to treat late stage HPPD symptoms. I've been improving steadily for the better part of 4 months now after being in a free fall for six, tinnitus, light sensitivity, and balance issues are all gone. However, the visual snow and occasional hypochondriac attack still occur. Mostly I've been running off my issues and it has put me in good health, for medications I have been on 50mg of Imipramine in addition to 200mg of Lamotrigine. This combination works great, once you get past the original side effects. I also take Huperazine A in order to combat the cholinergic antagonism displayed by the Imipramine and it keeps the memory problems at bay (if anything it has been improving my cognition). 

I've been considering in trying out VA (Anticonvulsant) and Memantine (NMDAR antagonist) in the treatment of my condition. The memantine is already on the way, however I have yet to act on the VA. My question is as to whether VA is worth it? I've been reading up on it and have been seeing pretty mixed things on the drug. Ranging from psychotic episodes, to it not doing anything, to creating perfect pitch. Sounds like there's a lot of risk involved in it. 

As for Memantine, one of the theories that I've seen floated, especially that floated on the r/HPPD subreddit, is that there is some degree of Glutamergic dysfunction within neurons. Would Memantine optimize Glutamergic Transmission or would it just make it worse? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SomebodySomewhere
      Now, after all these years of being symptom free, I'm experiencing HPPD symptoms again (though I'm thankful it's nowhere near as bad, but that's because I'm on clonazepam). I feel, and my prescriber feels that the return of my symptoms is due to Lexapro, so I'm currently tapering off of it entirely.
      Anyway, onto computer monitors.
      I tend to spend a LOT of time on my PC. In the past I would notice it could aggravate symptoms, and sure enough it's happening again. I feel like I'm having to spend less time watching movies and playing games as sometimes it makes it worse.
      Has anyone found any solutions that work for them for minimizing HPPD symptoms due to using their computer monitor? Anything that you've found helpful in your own experience I'd be happy to hear.
      I own a high refresh-rate monitor, 144hz, which I feel is a big no-no with HPPD, but luckily I can turn the refresh rate back down to the normal 60hz if I want, and anything in-between. I just wanted to mention that, because if you're considering a high-refresh rate monitor for gaming or whatever, personally I'd advise against it.
      Another strange thing I've noticed, is that ever since I properly color-calibrated my monitor, that has also made symptoms a bit worse, though I can't figure out why that would be.
      Damned if you do damned if you don't.
    • By und3rlif3
      I cut drug use one month ago and my visuals everyday are sligthly worst is that normal guys?
    • By Victor666
      Hello guys, it's been a year since i had the same problem as you. Always exactly 1 year I took 150ug of LSD and had a terrible bad trip that traumatized me and left me sequels. I had flashbacks and I missed a lot because of it. Distorted visions in my peripheral field. All this was cured with antipsychotics, especially risperidone (I can not remember the dosage). But what it took to be cured was the emotional sequel that caused me. Psychedelic experiences transform you radically and unfortunately if you are not prepared for them it may take a long time for you to get back on track and I confess that I am not yet 100% healed of this trauma. But what I can say to you is that the worst of all this is not the visions, but the horrible thoughts that go through our heads thanks to the anxiety that causes us. And what I want to know about this post is just that. What are the thoughts that torment you because of this anxiety? Write them in the comments and we'll help each other by talking about them. For example, I used to think all the time that I was getting schizophrenic, that there would be some outbreak, over time this evolved into existential crises where I thought my soul was lost in space time and I was not living reality, just watching it (depersonalization and derealization helped in this).
    • By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.
    • By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.