Cannabidiol (CBD)

So what's the opinion on high-CBD strains a la CBD Crew's various types, harlequin etc.? I've had my eye on the CBD Crew outdoor strain for a little while now and with Spring just starting in Aus growing season is upon us; having grown last year (I've still got ~25 grams of what would seem to be a high-THC strain just sitting in my wardrobe, ha) I could probably manage a grow of one or two plants so long as my dad approved (the drop out mentally-unwell kid look going on almost another year might've lessened his lenience toward the idea) and I'm able to sort out a suitable place where my dickhead neighbours aren't likely to smell/spot it. I really like gardening, especially when the gain is so high, but I'd like to wind up with a product I can, y'know, comfortably use.

Given that high-CBD strains are all somewhere around 6% CBD 6% THC, are they a definite no-no?

Apparently it's pretty ace for pain relief in particular.. I've some pain as well from being sedentary (joints/withered muscles), so I'll make sure to note any pain relief in my feedback. There's already 1 topical CBD product; "Hemp Salvation Balm" from Dixie Botanicals. Cibaderm is another line of CBD skincare coming soon, though it's not that much aimed at pain relief I presume.

Yes THC is something I'd rather avoid myself as well. I haven't seen any info regarding THC amounts to be honest, but I think any amount would probably be negligible (<1%). I'll check the label once I receive the products, though if any THC is present, the CBD:THC ratio would be high enough to make it non-noticeable.

I haven't looked in to the 5HT1a receptor activation, or what the effects of that would be. I'm not really worried about that myself, as it seems serotonergics don't really effect me in any bad way. Also I doubt the serotonergic activation from CBD would be anywhere near on par with psychedelics.

I've applied for a MediVape sample.. still waiting for an answer. Looks like free samples are limited to UK only though. I don't know/care much about the law, however I don't see any reason why it would be illegal.

Indeed CanChew seems like an awesome product! Though so far the only literature I could find on sublingual bioavailability was done in rabbits, moreover I'll have to access the whole article. If I'm not mistaken, bioavailability generally goes in order of effectiveness: IV, sublingual, pulmonary, rectal, oral. So either sublingual or vaporized would be preferable to rectal oral :D Sublingual should be perfectly safe, whereas vaporization is questionable (though obviously better than smoking).

MMJ Inc. does indeed seem to be a very legit and honest company, whereas I've my doubts about MediVape.
Here's the post about CBD I made in bpl's noopept thread.

So what's the opinion on high-CBD strains a la CBD Crew's various types, harlequin etc.? I've had my eye on the CBD Crew outdoor strain for a little while now and with Spring just starting in Aus growing season is upon us; having grown last year (I've still got ~25 grams of what would seem to be a high-THC strain just sitting in my wardrobe, ha) I could probably manage a grow of one or two plants so long as my dad approved (the drop out mentally-unwell kid look going on almost another year might've lessened his lenience toward the idea) and I'm able to sort out a suitable place where my dickhead neighbours aren't likely to smell/spot it. I really like gardening, especially when the gain is so high, but I'd like to wind up with a product I can, y'know, comfortably use.

Given that high-CBD strains are all somewhere around 6% CBD 6% THC, are they a definite no-no?

CBD-crew may have "high CBD" but their ratios are generally 1:1, which doesn't make them preferable.

If you're gonna farm, go with Avidekel. The seeds are ridiculously expensive, but I'd presume well worth the investment.

There are some other strains with a higher CBD ratio than CBD-crew's plants (AC/DC for example), but the rest I've forgotten.

In any case, you'd probably be better off just buying the CBD products, considering legal issues etc.

Sooo.. just got the CanChew in the mail. Chewing on my first piece now.. not really noticing anything, though I've been feeling weird all day really.
I'm just gonna keep taking these till I notice something happening. And, well, at worst I'll just get baked I suppose, and even that is highly unlikely to happen. No pun intended.

In the meantime, could someone please get rid of @JapaNese? Making it pretty hard to see what's new and what's not.
Cheers.

disguyhere: Yeah just an annoyance.. oh well.

Anyhow, I've just chummed down my 4th piece of gum bout half an hour ago, making my total intake of today 40mg. No effects on visuals, but I am feeling rather chill.
Can't say it's not placebo, but I'm having a decent day. Cleaned up the apartment today, which is something that usually stresses me out. I noticed I was less bothered by doing this, and actually appreciated having something different to do for a change.
Nothing adverse noted. Going to keep chumming 'em down and see how that goes. Going to take 2 at once now for a change.

Ohh and the back pain and other pains I've been having do seem less, though these pains are generally minor and the result of poor posture.
Could be coincidence.

Well.. I can't really say any miracles occurred, but my day has been pretty chill. Though the past few hours I've been quite tired. Not the drained-of-all-cognitive-power type of tired, just a normal I-could-definitely-sleep-now type of tired. Slightly pissed off because I got another "Well just meditate yourself out of it" type of advise today, but whatever; not punching walls or anything.

Total CBD intake of today was 80mg. I might take another gum or two before bed. The chewing is a chore though.. Hoping to see some interesting stuff happen with the oil, as it would allow for easier/higher dosing. Should arrive somewhere this month.

Tomorrow I'll try doing 50mg at once, see where that gets me.

EDIT: I forgot; this definitely and significantly reduced my cigarette craving and intake.. I think I smoked about half (maybe a few more) of what I usually do. Most were out of boredom rather than craving.

Ohh I see I never updated this one.
Alright so the first day I ended up doing 100mg, or 10 gums, and it was quite nice. The second day I did 60mg, or 6 gums, and it started getting a bit.. spacey and lethargic. But I can't say this isn't due to the usual weirdness.

Last night I had 3 gums, or 30mg, before bed, and I slept freaking amazing again. Before I fell asleep, I felt a several pleasant waves/rushes from my head down to my feet. Also some long lost memories past through my mind's eye, which was refreshing. Can't remember them as vividly now, but it was nice.

Think I'm going to stick to using these at night though. In any case; I sure like the product.

• 1 month later...

I took approximately ~50-70mg CBD via the Cibdex 500mg yesterday. I was expecting desperately needed anxiolysis as I've encountered before with the CanChew.

Alas, nothing could be less true, for I felt like I might as well have smoked a joint (read "panic attack" and "feeling like I'm losing my mind (again)").
I reiterate that my situation has taken a turn for the worse ever since doing cocaine ~2 months ago, and I figured CBD would help alleviate the extreme anxiety I've been experiencing since; hopefully improving severe memory deficits too. Well, yesterday was hell for a few hours.

Perhaps, given my heightened anxiety, I was more susceptible to placebo effect of sorts, but I definitely felt like I just smoked a big fatty (not good).
Today, I'm still feeling more off than the more off than usual I've been feeling (yes, very confusing; worse than pre-CBD, better than during).

Alternatively, and my only logical theory, is that the THC content in Cibdex is higher than the CanChew, but I've not found anything to confirm this.

I really don't know why to be honest, but I responded completely 180 degrees differently to CBD than I've done previously.

In any case I won't be taking this again in the near future, and continue my search to alleviate my current state to a point where I can at least leave the house again, for right now it seems like I've gone from goldfish to vegetable.

Going off of foggy memory but doesn't hemp contain cbd at small amounts and very very very very little thc. Couldn't one just consume a lot of hemp? Along with a ton of other great stuff in hemp maybe someone who is interested in cbd can look into this. I could be completely wrong but it is just what my brain is telling me I remember.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Scientific-Hemp-Oil-Vial/dp/B00E15E7OK

Sorry for the name drop and I did no research on this just a quick search. I use to take hemp oil when I worked out way back then. Omega 3s and rich in other stuff such as protein etc etc........Maybe not the strongest CBD around but maybe beneficial for long term use. I just posted the link to show their CBD % I am sure there are far superior products as far as hemp oil goes. Maybe something to look into for someone looking to try CBD without smoking weed and get all the other goodies with it......Hemp oil is really good for you, even the powdered hemp protein is suppose to be superior to other forms of protein. Just really pricey.

Also there was this show on Discovery channel I believe, this guy made a 20:1 I believe it was. I know it wasn't lower then 20 possibly even higher. He specifically used very high CBD plants. Sadly his got destroyed, I think his helper bailed on him so his plants didn't get taken care of but he found someone who had plants somewhat like his high in CBD which he made the extract with. Saved a kids life basically.......good stuff

You ever think about getting a CBD product from California or a state where it is legalized here in the U.S.A. I can get stuff from California  I rather talk this out through a PM though. You can get a way better ratio then 1:1 this way and a higher dosage.

Taking my son out so will be back later.

Man, what I'd give to get my hands on some high CBD/low THC weed! Ever since a... certain website went down... you have to have very good connections in Australia to have any idea what sort of strain your smoking, otherwise the best distinction you get is "bush" or "hydro". Frustrating as anything. I just wanna see how I react to it - the only weed I have access to currently is probably the most potent sativa/THC-rich strain I've ever encountered - even my non-HPPD friends think it feels like they've down a ton of coffee along with it. Sucks.

Anyhow, Odisa, didn't realise your recent bout of anxiety was due to that blow you did a couple months ago. Bugger! It seems so cruel that in the desperate quest for relief from HPPD we seem to more often than not end up fucking ourselves up further. Really hope you spring back. Have you considered looking into any other prescription meds? Escitalopram, bupropion, higher-dosage tianeptine, agomelatine, etc.? Even just trialing klonopin? I mean, there's gotta be a reason this is all the stuff they safeguard, right? Despite the side effects of Cymbalta I didn't like (and can't quite tell if they're still around or how severe they were, bugger this memory and utter inability to notice subtle in mood/mental state), it absolutely obliterated the excruciating 24/7 anxiety I was enduring. I'd probably advise against Cymbalta, but who's to say that an SSRI like escitalopram mightn't have more pros than cons? Just a thought, seeing as it doesn't seem you're too lucky with the (somewhat) legally obtainable stuff.

One option would be to supplement CBD whilst smoking that strain, just a few puffs; provided that unlike me weed doesn't make you go batshit.

Yes indeed quite cruel; also the accompanying useless self-blame to come along with it. But yeah, gotta move forward and just try to relax as much as possible.
Indeed I have considered that; I've ordered some Afobazole which appears to be quite the effective anxiolytic (and anti-depressant) with rather fast onset of action (hours to 2 weeks it appears). Benzos don't agree with me alas; giving me rebound anxiety, generally twice as bad.

I'll see how it all pans out.. Got some more stuff coming in next week too, and I'll keep at it with the LED therapy. Not much else to do I'm afraid.

Don't even get me started on self-blame, haha. Though the most fucking awful thing for me is the ambiguity of so much of it... Did this or that drug exacerbate my symptoms or did I imagine it, did the seizure cause any long-term damage which is contributing to my current cognitive difficulties, have my symptoms gotten worse, have my symptoms gotten better, is this medication helping at all, is my recent drop is energy/sociability just a normal fluctuation of my mood or a side effect, etc. etc. Talk about negative thought loops!

Afobazole definitely sounds interesting, keen to hear how that goes. Are you still interested in tDCS?

Haven't you been doing so stimulating nootropics? Maybe they are catching up and causing some anxiety. I would drop them and if you use b12 drop that, b12 gives me anxiety pretty bad. I have said this 100x and will say it 100 more if I have to, since starting Kanna Sunday I have been feeling better. Alongside Gabapentin, Kratom(which is debatable it works but its kind of meh might need to try the UEI crap or some strong extracts but still helps), Picamilon and my multi vitamins etc etc I have been feeling good. I can finally leave my house now, more motivation etc etc some anxiety and lethargy still there which is still kind of holding me back with memory problems. I can hopefully order PRL-8-53, Nefiracetam, Agmatine and Maral root.......Hopefully all this will stack well. I don't see why not.

But if you want to try a nootropic try Picamilon it works decent for anxiety and imo lay off the stimulating stuff.

“If you heat the plant, you will decarboxylate THC-acid and you will get high, you”ll get your 10 mg. If you don’t heat it, you can go up to five or six hundred milligrams & use it as a Dietary Cannabis. . . and push it up to the Anti-oxidant and Neuro-protective levels which come into play at hundreds of milligrams,” stated Dr. William Courtney. - See more at: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/01/03/cannabis-is-key-to-good-health-when-we-eat-it-vs-smoking-it/#sthash.BtAzTxag.dpuf

Maybe just eat some high quality shit? Lol when the person next to you tells you it doesn't work like that tell them to stfu it's in the name of science

I mean if you get more of what you need and avoid being high I guess eating it is worth looking into......or am I missing something?

I can't tell at this point. Doesn't seem too make it any better or worse. It used to make super anxious. But I really enjoy it again, and smoke daily as of right now. Still, I know I have hppd, as certain symptoms persist. DP/DR surface slightly every now and again. But I am quick to recover. I think about it less and less as the days go by. That also seems to help.