What specifically caused your issues??

Gmo

my friends who do drugs all the time have no problems ...

This might not be strictly true... They might just be covering it up or have different issues. Some of my drug friends who seemed 100% normal later told me they were relieved when I stopped doing drugs and was vocal about my problems... as they got a chance to get out of the scene too and had problems of there own going on.

Yeah man, alot of people who seem fine who do alot of drugs, actually do get many visual distortions...i guess they kinda get used to it, or arent very bothered by them, but MANY people i know who trip have trippy visuals. I never woulda guessed before i asked em. Then again, some ARE perfectly fine. Luck of the draw. Certainly im the only one with DP and body pains and fatigue etc, but residual visuals are more common than you think. Ive had three friends whove done x (and not that much) ask me whether my mind sometimes goes blank, that it's somethin thats been happenin to them. 2 people dont smoke much anymore because shrooms completely changed their highs. So yeah it varies.

My only warning pre hppd was jaw clicks and pains when i ate, but i wouldve never correlated the 2. I guess i was feelin a little manic in my shroom days, but i loved it, so i didnt really consider it a symptom. I thought it was just me becoming more positive or somethin.

I know a kid from back home who actually tried shrooms once and never came down. He hasnt appeared socially since he tripped with 2 kids i know around 2010. My friend ran into him at church once and he went up twice for communion because he forgot hed already had it, and had to be reminded of who my friend was, even though theyd hung out many times and been close.

Yeah man, alot of people who seem fine who do alot of drugs, actually do get many visual distortions...i guess they kinda get used to it, or arent very bothered by them, but MANY people i know who trip have trippy visuals. I never woulda guessed before i asked em. Then again, some ARE perfectly fine. Luck of the draw. Certainly im the only one with DP and body pains and fatigue etc, but residual visuals are more common than you think. Ive had three friends whove done x (and not that much) ask me whether my mind sometimes goes blank, that it's somethin thats been happenin to them. 2 people dont smoke much anymore because shrooms completely changed their highs. So yeah it varies.

My only warning pre hppd was jaw clicks and pains when i ate, but i wouldve never correlated the 2. I guess i was feelin a little manic in my shroom days, but i loved it, so i didnt really consider it a symptom. I thought it was just me becoming more positive or somethin.

I know a kid from back home who actually tried shrooms once and never came down. He hasnt appeared socially since he tripped with 2 kids i know around 2010. My friend ran into him at church once and he went up twice for communion because he forgot hed already had it, and had to be reminded of who my friend was, even though theyd hung out many times and been close.

Damn thats pretty intense....just after one trip too. I feel bad for people that experience things like that after just one trip. I'm lucky enough to of experience my fair share of substances beforehand. But yea, I have friends that use drugs way more than me and they're perfectly fine.....at least as far as I can tell.

Did you have a bad trip Boogres??? I had tripped like 7 or 8 times and rolled plenty before I experienced any negative effects from drugs, I figured I had had enough experiences to label myself as one of those that could pretty well handle altered states of mind.....all up until I had a couple crazy bad trips.

Nah never a bad trip apart from the Dust experience, which i wasnt expectin so naturally that shit was horrible...I also could control it very well, i tripped with experienced trippers a few times and i always seemed to handle it better than them, id actually test myself, try to bug myself out to push my limits, let the visuals get scary, and bring myself back...shit was fun :D I did tahe 5 grams of shrooms once though, id say that was the closest to a bad trip i got, just because it wasnt very enjoyable, i cant say I got ANYTHING out of it. 3 grams on an empty stomach was my happy zone.

Yeah unfortunately i got HPPD just as i was gettin to really have my fun...on my final trip i actually decided that i should trip less too, because to me id been overdoin it. So it went. Oh, salvia wasnt enjoyable at all...horrible shit. I took LSA once too, i saw some trails and my legs got REALLY fuckin stiff, they hurt like hell. Not a bad trip though.

Yeah, it sucks to think that I can't even partake one more time even if the moment was right. Like at an outdoor festival or whatever. I mean....I got to trip once and it was a bad trip. :( sad panda. If I'm gunna pay such a high price tag I could have at least got to go to the stars. What is a good trip like?

Fucking outstanding........That's the thing with psyche's, when they're good they're great and when they're bad they're terrible......

@Boogres....how often were you tripping before you got your HPPD??? And I enjoyed salvia, I only did it 3 times but I liked it. I think salvia's really hit and miss with people, I did it with like 3 other friends and 2 of us liked it and the other 2 hated it. I also hated ketamine though and a lot of people really enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Very true. Psychedelic tolerance builds up faster than any other drug in my experience... But the tolerance that was built up goes away pretty quick. The only way to habitually trip is to switch up the substances. PEA's vs. triptamines... They both exhibit cross tolerance with one another, but the tolerance doesn't build up as quick as just doing one chemical... It seems like LSD tolerance increases the fastest... MDMA the slowest, and booms, mescaline, and 2C's are somewhere in between.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got 1 kilo of purple mdma and basically did the whole thing over about 4 years with my cousin, by the end it started to lose its potency though... However had no negative effects that i could put my finger on... I think.... It was 2 DMT trips that set off the HPPD.... oh well

DMT???? Yea I feel like a couple DMT trips I had influenced my HPPD quite a bit. I had never experienced the static in my vision and all the floaters until after DMT. What did you experience exactly after your DMT experience??

The second (last) DMT trip i hit was not good had been up for days on mdma then smoked some DMT, had a kinda overwhelming trip, plus started throwing up half way through.. However it was about 3-4 months after that i started to get VS and other symptoms so im kinda guessing here... But it rocked me... Very serious drug... I would say at a guess thats what did it.. and yeah what i get is static and floaters...

• 4 weeks later...

so i think a big reason i reccieved HPPD was that: I was sitting with 2 friends at home awaiting the LSD (First trip) ..i told them it was my first time i taked it...so meanwhile i throwed the "avatar-paper" into my mouth, he said if i´m scared i shouldnt take it, i can get stucked on horror-trips....

Mate you don´t believe how i fucking shitted my pants, i had it in my mouth already and knew it´s too late...after 3 hours i didn´t noticed a change, and the freinds went home...

i said to them they should stay, its my first trip on LSD.., but they went home ....i swear you directly when the door shutted visuals started and all that....i was so scared and didn´t knew what to do, i couldn´t leave the room , who knows what will happen??....so i had a 20minute fight with my minds, deciding for : Going out call a friend or stay safe at home, but alone...finally i stayed home staring 7 hours to my grafitti-wall....because the visuals didn´t stopped i thought ok go to sleep....so i went sleeping and the next morning i saw that the wall was still moving like a flag, there i realized i got stucked so i was crying all day...I think the Key that opened the HPPD-Lock was that i had the trip in my mouth while i was scared as hell, and even someone telling me i shouldnt take it if i am scared....so yeah then i was so smart to take LSD again, after the second trip i was able to control it, but now after around 3 months all got worth -.-

• 4 weeks later...

I had about 150 mushrooms made into a brew was this alot?

What kind were they? In UK we have ones called liberty caps... very small and light brown in colour. 150 of those would be a big trip. I used to go 100 for a nice trip and 150-200 if i was in the mood to lose it.

Yea, that's a big dose. I've tripped pretty strong off around 70 before.

Mushrooms give you such a profound trip, it changes your life forever, HPPD or not.

• 4 weeks later...

I did DXM once out of curiosity and got relatively light HPPD. The fuck man. Did anyone else here get it from DXM? If so I'm curious what your visuals are like, I personally have ghosting and possible light trailers (only occurs within a radius of 6ft of me thankfully).

I did DXM once out of curiosity and got relatively light HPPD. The fuck man. Did anyone else here get it from DXM? If so I'm curious what your visuals are like, I personally have ghosting and possible light trailers (only occurs within a radius of 6ft of me thankfully).

I did DXM twice, and I got it after the second time, but only slightly. It was a pretty terrible trip.

The E did it... the coke didn't help.

You name it I've done it... pharm opiates, Ketamine, DXM once or twice, shrooms, LSD a couple of times, lots of cocaine, a little meth... even heroin once or twice.

And of course weed and booze.