Anyone without any meds?

I did the first 11 years without meds (and also didn't know what hppd was)....... It was good, really.... made me very strong minded and determind to make something of my life.

I know I say this alot, but I worry for the people who jump straight onto benzos and don't learn to cope..... I fully understand the decision and don't judge them for it.... But it concerns me, none the less.

Jay1, 11 years without meds! Why did you use them now?

I found this site! Although I had learned to cope, I still had/have very strong hppd, so started trying the various meds people were having success with. Keppra etc

Nothing really worked, but I get relief from 1 or 2 klonopins a week.... Which i'm very thankful for. When managed well, Klonopin is great.

Me and my nuerologists are trying to find another benzo like substance, where I could take, say, 2 weeks of klono... 2 weeks of "x substance" and never get addicted/tolerant to either. The search continues.

meee :) since sometime last year when i got hppd. mine was APPAULING for the first 2 months but i think ive coached myself out of the anxiety, therefore calming the visuals down and therefore i dont really mind hppd even nearly as much

and that in itself is enough of a reason for me to just stay away from every substance (apart from afew drinks on the weekend, im not a hermit :P)

i got through the very worst of it with daily panic attacks, constant anxiety, crying every night and all that jazz with noone to help me, no meds, just sensible lifetyle and a positive attitude when i could. its all about pretending its not there if you ask me. the first step into panic attack and hppd spike if you ask me is letting yourself get dragged in. its fucking hard but every time you try as hard as you can to keep functioning you do abit better.

haha i feel like ive gone into some sort of self help coach mode its not even what you asked lmao YOU CAN DO IT EVERY ONE LOL BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

I do it without meds............its hard..............The worst is the anxiety and racing thoughts but i think my hyperness is part to blame. I believe my adhd saves me from MAJOR depression........I think

You have to develop coping methods. Not 1 tool in the bag but many.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of 14 yrs I've taken SSRI for 9 months. Have a script of Sinemet waiting to be opened. I'm actually quite nervous to take it but feel as though its inevitable. I can't take this crap anymore alone....

Did you find the srri helped at all? Which one did you use?

Saw a Psychiatrist for the first time a few weeks ago and this was the only med she would be prepared to give me.

Seems to aggravate more peoples symptoms than help from what I've read read on here though.

Good luck with the sinemet