Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
microdosedfucked

Microdosing fucked me

So I recently had a bout with trying to get back on Zoloft after microdosing shrooms for a few months and started having adverse reactions. This spiraled into me drinking a bunch while trying to get off it and trying other meds then finally a last micro dose causing an anxiety attack that seems to have given me hppd.

Lamictal seemed to increase my visuals and the first time I noticed. Visual Snow was after I tried lamictal for a few days. I take seroquel to sleep and sometimes klonopin for anxiety. Just recently I’ve tried to get on Depakote from talking to my new psychiatrist but everyday it seems to cause worsening VS, tinnitus, and derealization/brain fog. I don’t know what to do but don’t think I can stay on this if I feel it’s making things worse.

I’m not sure if I should keep trying meds to help me function or go natural. I’m experiencing a lot of bipolar 2 and ocd symptoms as well. I’m trying to function and start my engineering job but it’s been extremely difficult to focus through my cognitive difficulties and intense anxiety and depression. I’m also in early sobriety so that’s probly causing a lot trouble too.

You're asking some tough questions.  I'm certainly not qualified to suggest what medications are best for you nor would I suggest you drop your meds outright.  That's a conversation you need to have with medical professionals.

What I can do is tell you what worked for me.  I'd also suggest you dig in to some of the "medication" posts in this forum.

I took a natural approach.  When I first realized I had a problem even talking about taking psychedelics with a doctor was unthinkable.  In addition I have never dealt with bipolar/OCD issues.

During those early years, I got my degree and went into my first professional job as a software engineer (you mentioned that you were starting an engineering position).  What I found difficult was dealing with people and office life.  I took A LOT of psychedelics and it had made me strange to say the least.

As for the technical end of it, I just threw myself into it giving the job total attention.  I discovered that when I'm focused I don't, for the most part, notice my hppd symptoms.  You might find that "total attention" helps you as well.

As you can tell, I have no concrete answers, just life experiences.  I hope it helps at least a little.

Hang in, take care of yourself, and don't give up.  Even with hppd there are many people in this forum that are living a happy and productive existence.