Tipps for a good sleep

Germanuser

Hey guys, want to open this topic to write down what are you doin to get a good sleep( so what really is good for the sleep and brain, our brain) i don’t have that big problems with fallin asleep..often I wake up1 time in the night..the point is, that i dream extremly intensive..guess like most of you? Now, what can we do to get a sleep which is „more recovering“ for the brain, like a normal sleep which is healthier..I think that this would make a big difference..maybe some of you had some experiences and have done a bit..me and I think some others would be thankful when you write it down.

best wishes !❤️

When i first got HPPD i didn't know what was wrong, it was so bad that i was always afraid to fall asleep because i thought that i may never wake up again not knowing what was wrong with me. It was a terrible time in my life, the worst really. I just had to continually convince myself i wasnt going to die if i fell asleep. 

Hallo germanuser! ;) Nice to see someone from Germany here. ^^

I suffer from really bad sleep. But I had sleep disorders already pre-HPPD + I suffer from chronic double depression. 

I don't know what helps, but probably having some input at day. When I'm just at home, sitting in front of the computer all the time, being in my own thoughts... that's pretty bad, because I am stuck in compulsive thoughts. Having something else to think about makes it easier not to think about all the worries when going to sleep.

I think it's really important to be relaxed when laying in bed at nighttime. Nightmares get worse when my thoughts circle around all the negativity before sleep for me.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, dasitmane said:

When i first got HPPD i didn't know what was wrong, it was so bad that i was always afraid to fall asleep because i thought that i may never wake up again not knowing what was wrong with me. It was a terrible time in my life, the worst really. I just had to continually convince myself i wasnt going to die if i fell asleep. 

That sounds scary..had some similar experiences with „when i sleep i may never wake up“ but that was just a thought after smoking weed, laying in my bed watching out threw the window and having thought about god when I don’t change and today would be my last day..something like that.

that sounds like now you are okay ? So I Hope it ! 

5 minutes ago, Germanuser said:

That sounds scary..had some similar experiences with „when i sleep i may never wake up“ but that was just a thought after smoking weed, laying in my bed watching out threw the window and having thought about god when I don’t change and today would be my last day..something like that.

that sounds like now you are okay ? So I Hope it ! 

I am immensely better than I used to be yes. I can drink a lot of coffee now with little to no problems. Where as I used to only be able to drink 1/4 a cup of coffee and it would bother me. The condition does always improve to some degree.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:58 PM, MadDoc said:

For me ....

Exercise during the day helps with sleep at night.  Daily meditation practice helps keep the stressful chatter at a minimum.  When I have an evening where my brain and body won't slow down, I use CBD oil, but I don't use it often.

Hey MadDoc😀

that sound like my daily routine..( jogging and meditation)

and how is it about your dreams? Are they also that intensive ? Or did this get away? I know that this is normal after stop smoking weed..but I think that this is since my whole time with hppd..so nothing to do with stopped smoking weed..more with the brain activity and and in the night..

ANOTHER POINT FOR EVERYONE:

the dna repairs the most while you are sleeping! So a normal sleep is the most most important thing in my opinion..but it’s so weird..that are Less sleep issues, don’t have a problem with sleeping ( I love sleeping) but I know that the sleep phases( stages of sleep)  aren’t right..Maby gonna do a sleep test one time, would be interesting if someone had already done this..

On 1/19/2020 at 2:54 AM, hppdvictim92 said:

Hallo germanuser! ;) Nice to see someone from Germany here. ^^

I suffer from really bad sleep. But I had sleep disorders already pre-HPPD + I suffer from chronic double depression. 

I don't know what helps, but probably having some input at day. When I'm just at home, sitting in front of the computer all the time, being in my own thoughts... that's pretty bad, because I am stuck in compulsive thoughts. Having something else to think about makes it easier not to think about all the worries when going to sleep.

I think it's really important to be relaxed when laying in bed at nighttime. Nightmares get worse when my thoughts circle around all the negativity before sleep for me.

Hi hi!! You will hear from me in ur dms!!

I just selected this name that German people can directly see..so it’s easier to get the contact (so you are the first one .. I’m glad 😅🤣)

Yes I agree..and also normally putting the phone and displays away one hour before sleeping should be good..

For me often mornings are more awful then evenings ..i m everytime happy to Fall asleep, to dream (but if there would start nightmares ..it wouldn’t be like that..so, wish you good dreams!!( =normal dreams-weird dreams beautiful dreams but just no nightmares..) hope that now I won’t get some 🤣

i think this topic turnt a bit more personal..but okay I didn’t changed the sleeping topic ..