Antipsychotics, helpful or not?

This is a very important question for me. We all know that antipsychotics can make VS Symptoms worse.

I dont have Visual Snow Syndrome symptoms. I am suffering from bad trip LSD visuals. I see patterns on the surface of objects.

So could antipsychotics be useful for my HPPD? I doubt that antipsychotics can make hallucinations worse. But has anyone experience with that?

Thank you very much.

2 hours ago, yosoydiego said:

Both Haloperidol and risperidone have worked for some people, although be aware that many report some worsening of symptoms at the beginning of the treatment

I guess Keppra helped with DP/DR, but not with open eye visuals?

Yeah, CEVs are less and DPDR is gone. Brain fog is gone too.

But OEVs are still the same. I would consider my HPPD as gone when I finally stop seeing patterns and demons like I had on my bad trip.

I dont really have Visual Snow, after images, tracers, trailling and the "typical" hppd symptoms. 

I will start risperidone next friday in combination with Keppra and see how it goes. 

Honestly, if you only have OEV, I'd just try to accept them, ignore them, etc.

It seems like the general opinion is that that is the best. Stressing trying to find a "cure" that doesn't exists, could be way worse, stress is the worst. And adding more medications with its side effects, also worse.

But that's just a bold opinion :)

Best of luck anyway!