Weird HPPD visuals, something I can't describe

Marcia

So, I had snow as a kid, even just looking up at the ceiling when it was dark? I'd see shapes, snow, and distortions. First time i dropped acid? weed gave me slight halos/starbursting, as well as increased my snow after that. that's all fine and good, and really fun actually. This is a recurring hallucination I've seen 4 times, now, the first time I dropped acid, the third time, and once on just weed, another on just Adderall. I look up into the sky, either daytime or just before sunset, where it's decently light out, the sun has a halo, a little snow, fine. but then all of a sudden i'm taken aback by what appears to be birds or a black hole or something in the sky. I look up, and it's V shaped images ghosted onto my vision, falling into a single point in the sky (that doesn't exist) and they're all swarming in, like an invisible black hole sucking in energy or birds or something. When I first saw it again I was amazed, because while the rest of my HPPD visuals are cool and all, that was the most vivid I've ever seen besides some morphing or color. I've tried my best to quickly throw together something in photoshop to show y'all what it looks like more or less. I also added in some grain and a halo/starbursting around the sun of this google image of the sky to make it a little more true to what I see. What do you guys think? Have y'all ever seen this before?

Sky black hole birds visual thing.png

4 hours ago, yosoydiego said:

I think that you're lucky to enjoy your hppd, and to have the photoshop skills to show it to the rest! :P

If you turn around, not facing the sun, I guess they are gone? In that case, it would be shadows.

Yeah, i'm very lucky to have it mild enough it's not impairing. My thing is, i love my visuals because they make looking at the most pedestrian things so PRETTY IMO, just looking at the floor at my messy fast food job makes the place look like confetti. if i'm not facing the sun i'd still see them, it's mostly just in whatever section of my vision it's in, it's just /usually/ in the sky, but not necessarily

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, MadDoc said:

The shape of the birds in your graphic is very similar to the closed eye visuals I had shortly before my CEVs stopped.  To me it looked like a circular maze with kind of a jittering motion along the walls of the maze.  Interesting.

I notice now as I've just dropped recently that it's gotten worse, especially when i smoke weed, and it happens most prominently in low light settings circling around a lightbulb/bright light source, such as a street lamp at night. It's super pretty, and it's kinda more pronounced now, like the circular visuals you see in acid art like the attachment, it's not nearly as colorful or whatever, but this is what it looks like kinda.

visuals.jpg

4 hours ago, Marcia said:

I notice now as I've just dropped recently that it's gotten worse, especially when i smoke weed, and it happens most prominently in low light settings circling around a lightbulb/bright light source, such as a street lamp at night. It's super pretty, and it's kinda more pronounced now, like the circular visuals you see in acid art like the attachment, it's not nearly as colorful or whatever, but this is what it looks like kinda.

visuals.jpg

Ah the Unicorn's butthole.... interesting.

Please stop doing drugs of any kind so you do not further your condition.

• Upvote 1

I think we all found our HPPD symptoms amusing the first time they occured.

I can guarantee that this will not last. It will soon start to be distracting, you will start obsessing about it and might even get worse if you constantly think about it.

As dasitmane suggested, you should stop the intake of any substance (no cherry picking). You do not want to end up like us here on this forum, trying to find a way out of this mess.

Take care.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, Moonlight said:

Is there a name for the specks I see?

Visual snow, or visual static is the common term. If you’re meaning the lamp diagram that is.  The other colorful stuff i believe is referred to halos and auras.

Edited by dasitmane

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 10:19 AM, marie1996 said:

would love to hear from someone who had this and it went away? Or a medication that helped them get rid of this symptom. 

I've since found medications have helped my situation and I'm gonna make a post that reflects my experience and ideas on how we can combat our symptoms

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2019 at 6:22 PM, dasitmane said:

Ah the Unicorn's butthole.... interesting.

Please stop doing drugs of any kind so you do not further your condition.

I made another post on the medications subforum, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it. I haven't stopped doing other drugs, but oh well, probably won't until it becomes a problem or getting worse. I like the way you call it a unicorn's butthole, but seriously, are you aware of any better name for it/the black hole in the sky kinda thing? it likes to shift around and morph in and out of itself like a tesseract and can appear in the daytime sky if I focus on it enough or at bright lights at night

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...