How to treat this symptom?

Recovery

Hey guys,

I personally have mild hppd for 2 months. Almost no vs, slight after images and cevs. These symptoms are not really bothering me BUT I have geometric hallucinations which occur when I look at streets/carpets/some walls...

This wouldnt be that bad If the patterns I see would not be "evil" like I had on my bad trip.

Whats the best med to treat hallucinations? The doctors gave me risperidone but I havent taken it yet.

But can risperidone really make hallucinations worse? Is this possible? I guess it can make vs or after images worse, but can it make hallucinations worse?

I have only done acid once and have never done any drugs before. Not even weed so staying is no problem for me.

I will talk to my doc about lamotrigin. But what is the best way to treat this symptom?

I have similar symptoms, but there's nothing evil about what I experience.  I can't comment on medications because I didn't take that path.  I found that trying not to give my visuals too much attention helps.  It's not easy and there are times when it bothers me.  I guess it's all about focus.  Example, in my case sidewalks are the worst.  All the little stones.  First the ones with similar colors start to connect.  If I stare, the images become more complex and start to move.  If I focus on a thought, a song, a problem I'm trying to solve, then my focus isn't on my visual field and the visuals are more forgiving.

It's hard, I realize that.  All I can speak to is how I deal with this disorder.  Hope that helps.  Hang in there and take care.

13 hours ago, MadDoc said:

I have similar symptoms, but there's nothing evil about what I experience.  I can't comment on medications because I didn't take that path.  I found that trying not to give my visuals too much attention helps.  It's not easy and there are times when it bothers me.  I guess it's all about focus.  Example, in my case sidewalks are the worst.  All the little stones.  First the ones with similar colors start to connect.  If I stare, the images become more complex and start to move.  If I focus on a thought, a song, a problem I'm trying to solve, then my focus isn't on my visual field and the visuals are more forgiving.

It's hard, I realize that.  All I can speak to is how I deal with this disorder.  Hope that helps.  Hang in there and take care.

Thank you. I dont have it as strong as you but it still disturbing me. I will probably get on lamictal and hope this helps.

I am sure it will go away on its own cause I only did acid once and havent done any other drugs.

You have never tried any meds? Not even keppra?

Again, thank you for your response.

I've never taken medications for this disorder.  Well, not exactly true.  In my 30s I drank a bit more than was healthy.  Back when I started noticing symptoms it was the 1970s.  There weren't a lot of options back then.  Now, I manage just being clean.  If you dosed just that one time, and you're staying clean, then your prospects are good.

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2019 at 12:59 AM, MadDoc said:

I've never taken medications for this disorder.  Well, not exactly true.  In my 30s I drank a bit more than was healthy.  Back when I started noticing symptoms it was the 1970s.  There weren't a lot of options back then.  Now, I manage just being clean.  If you dosed just that one time, and you're staying clean, then your prospects are good.

Would you explain why?  Now we have meds like keppra and lamictal which can decrease symptoms significantly and sometimes even cure hppd. I am just wondering.

4 hours ago, Recovery said:

Would you explain why?  Now we have meds like keppra and lamictal which can decrease symptoms significantly and sometimes even cure hppd. I am just wondering.

Understand, I'm not knocking the use of medications.  Some people in this forum have had success with them.

Why don't I take any?  My symptoms aren't that bad at this stage in my life.  I still have visuals, but I can live with that.  I've had this disorder for over four decades and I've learned to adapt.

Medications can have side effects and I'd prefer not to deal with that.  In general, I'd prefer not to introduce any medications into my body unless I need them to live (if I got cancer for example).  I've avoided blood pressure and lipid lowering meds through natural practices and life style changes.

At this stage of my life, I'm happy and active.  I'm not going to take anything that could possibly derail that.

This is my path.  I'm not suggesting that it's a better approach than anyone else's.

• Like 2