forskolin

just a stab in the dark - from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forskolin .....

Forskolin can also be used to promote nerve repair by increasing cAMP concentrations. Forskolin can activate or upregulate the proliferation of Schwann cells in culture, together with Fibroblast growth factor or Transforming Growth Factor-Beta.

Various experimental studies are underway in using Forskolin as an adjuvant in treatment for diseases such as Parkinsons and/or nerve damage caused by trauma/accident.

Dose look interesting thanks for that. Couple other quotes i've found on the net

"In a study in psychiatry, researchers gave it intravenous to four depressed and five schizophrenic patients. All four depressed patients showed a transient mood elevation or stimulation, as did two of the five schizophrenic patients" - I'm not depressed and defiantly not schizophrenic but may help.

"almost no muscle and nerve pains.no more depression due to medical issues,more energy like pre pre menopausal,sharper mindfunctions, feel alive like a 35 yr old. iam 65. stopped taking meds for nerve pain,antidepessants, celebrex" - This was a review by someone who had been taking it

I'm going to keep looking into this one. Would be good to see what visual has to say about it

This is cool. I'm just now learning about this in my neurological basis for learning and behavior class. Schwann cells are the perpheral nervouse system's sort of 'body guard' cells, and when nerves are severed and damaged, they form basically a sheath that a severed axon can sprout and grow into, and thus regrow. The problem is, Shwann cells don't exist in the central nervous system, aka the brain and spinal cord. Astrocyte glial cells do their job. But instead of forming a sheath for damaged neurons to regrow axons through, they simply clean up the debris from the dead or dying cells, and then form scar tissue. However, it seems likely that eventually the mechanics of Shwann cells will be able to be reproduced in the brain.

I saw the name forskolin in one of the books we read for class, but it was not a part we had to know, so I only glossed over it. I'll tell you this: the more I become aware of just how much is already known about the brain and how it works, the more hope I get. I feel that HPPD doesn't have a "cure," is not because one does not exist, but because almost no one knows about HPPD. I think the malfunctions that cause things like, say, Bipolar will be shown eventually to be the same cause for some component of HPPD symptom expression. So I think the cures are already out there; they will just be under the name of treating other disorders.

So, basically, I don't even think you need to look that high in the sky for a cure, AKA gene therapy or other things of that nature. I think it is simply a process of proper diagnosis of what exactly is wrong with an HPPD brain, and then using already existing medications to fix it. I really think this.