Jump to content
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Kax1

Can anyone relate. Silly mother one time user

Recommended Posts

I took what I thought was cocaine but I'm pretty sure it was laced with something as we were all out of it. This was in March. During that I started seeing black dots in my peripheral vision. I still see them upon wakening and randomly on white walls. My other symptons are visual snow, after images, I've seen breathing walls, coloured specks and flashing dots. I have also seen like a smokey thing a few times. Benzos help prescribed by the doctor. I have extreme anxiety. My eyes have been tested multiple times and I am waiting for neurology. But if nothings found is this hppd? Especially when the dots started during the trip? My doctor just claims its a typical migraines. Oh and geometrical shapes and sometimes faces. If I knew for certain there wasn't something more sinister going on, I think I'd be less anxious. Anyone anything similar to the black dots and geometric shapes? Thanks, 27, female, mother (idiot I know) and terrified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds very much like hppd.

Are you sure the black dots are not floaters? Do they move when you move your eyes?

Some of my floaters are black dots rather than the typical lines that most people see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I have floaters too and I can tell the difference. Sometimes Ill get one larger black hole in my vision. It's so scary and doctors just fobe me off with migraines but it seems to be getting worse. Also have good and bad days for example I am sick at the moment have seen a larges black dot when I looked at the wall but when I stare into it it goes away. Really getting me down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they move though?

I know I can sometimes see eyelashes too that look like black spots. Just trying to get an understanding of the issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No they disappear when I look at them so I'm only seeing them in my peripheral vision. The only reason I'm leanng towards this is because the first time I experienced them was on that drug. I didn't have fear as I was high then. Sometimes the dots are coloured or like sparkles but usually black. It's so scary when I over think. I'm probably the only person on this sight wanting a hppd diagnoses, but if I knew it was that I could work on healing. I feel so guilty on my baby as my anxiety hinders me at times :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is very, very likely to be connected with the drug use, so I think you can start to work on healing your hppd. Obviously, keep getting checked with the doctor too though. 

My first advice would be to try and stop the guilty feelings, guilt is there to stop us doing something again... I think it seems safe to say you will never do drugs again, so that guilt is just wasted, negative energy. Forgive yourself and start to focus on your recovery. You will still be a great mum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 8:30 PM, Kax1 said:

No they disappear when I look at them so I'm only seeing them in my peripheral vision. The only reason I'm leanng towards this is because the first time I experienced them was on that drug. I didn't have fear as I was high then. Sometimes the dots are coloured or like sparkles but usually black. It's so scary when I over think. I'm probably the only person on this sight wanting a hppd diagnoses, but if I knew it was that I could work on healing. I feel so guilty on my baby as my anxiety hinders me at times :(

Is Cocaine the ONLY drug that you've EVER taken?

It's not an Hallucinogenic, that's why I asked. I'm not extremely surprised though, and I bet this site is full of people with HPPD that haven't taken Hallucinogens. For me it seems like a dopaminergic system problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yosoydiego said:

Is Cocaine the ONLY drug that you've EVER taken?

It's not an Hallucinogenic, that's why I asked. I'm not extremely surprised though, and I bet this site is full of people with HPPD that haven't taken Hallucinogens. For me it seems like a dopaminergic system problem

Hey, no not ever, I mean just since the baby. I have tried acid once and mdna multiple times growing up. Never had any issues after though. I am currently on codeine for a hand operation and weirdly have not overly noticed any of these symptoms, I'm probably too high or it helps aha. But obviously this is just for the week as it heals and my anxiety is low due to it. I know anxiety absolutely heightens everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kax1 said:

Hey, no not ever, I mean just since the baby. I have tried acid once and mdna multiple times growing up. Never had any issues after though. I am currently on codeine for a hand operation and weirdly have not overly noticed any of these symptoms, I'm probably too high or it helps aha. But obviously this is just for the week as it heals and my anxiety is low due to it. I know anxiety absolutely heightens everything. 

Thaaaaanks for your reply, and I'm glad you are getting better!

Your description keeps confirming my hypothesis behind all this "hppd" thing :)

 

May I ask a couple of more questions?

- how strong/long the cocaine binge was?

- how long ago was your labor? (what a silly way to ask your kid's age hehe, I didn't want to make it too personal, but I'm clearly asking the same hehe. )

 

 

The opiates that you're taking will definitely help, but the withdrawal could make it way worse... I'd talk to your doctor about it. Probably you'd need a specially long withdrawal period to avoid making the symptoms even worse after the treatment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24563427

Edited by yosoydiego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.