Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum

So, i have been on research lately and somehow came across  homeopathy. I was researching about my dpdr and found that there is a homeopathic remedy called Anhalonium lewinii. Anhalonium lewini is a psychedelic plant(has mescaline). As far as im concerned, in homeopathy they treat x with x so it might makes some sense. The reason im writing this here and not on some dpdr forum is because i believe it can help hppd as well. Microdosing this homeopathic remedy helped people get rid of their dpdr. Thats what i read: Anhalonium lewinii is an excellent remedy for brainfag and hallucinations. Patient seems to be in a form of intoxication accompanied by wonderful visions, remarkably beautiful with varied kaleidoscopic changes. These patients lack conception of time, are dissatisfied, suspicious, insecure, forsaken, resentful to society, dissociated from environment and lack self confidence when in company. They self analyze themselves, escape in a world of dreams and feel they are different. These patients can have a confusion of identity, as if had two wills, or are separated from their thoughts, may also have a delusion of floating in the air, of being double, being separated from the physical world and are observing from above. 

A lot of people disagree with homeopathy but this sounds interesting. What are your views on it?

You might be right but ive seen a lot of people having great results with homeopathy even if they didn't believe in it(not a placebo effect). Either way, i will try it and update in a month or so to see what happens. Be good! 

Isn't that peyote?  Way back when, it was sometimes available in the summer months.  Mescaline  (derived from cacti) is a powerful psychedelic.  I remember it used to make people vomit, though I never experienced this unfortunate side effect.  Also, plant extractions can produce unpredictable doses.  You might get some plant material that is weak, and then get some that is very strong.   Without sophisticated lab equipment you just don't know until you try it.

In my opinion, the first step to treating hppd is to avoid psychedelics.  Also, peyote is an endangered plant species that grows very slowly.  The thought of any species going extinct is sad.  

Edited by MadDoc
Foolish typing

U have a point saying that a person with hppd should avoid psychedelics but what if you can reverse it with a very small dose of it? I saw this video and it made a lot of sense for me. It might seem dangerous but idk. Even if it is , homeopathy is a much safer way to try to reverse it. 

I tried homeopathy and definitely felt something, although it could have just been placebo. If you think it could help and won't make your HPPD worse and are willing to take the chance then you should give it a shot. The homeopathic medicine I took was cannibis infused and I didn't experience any averse side effects. I don't think there's much risk but I also don't think you're gonna "cure" yourself. HPPD isn't really something that can be instantly reversed. 

• Like 2

Didn't mean to sound negative with my first comment. Everything is worth trying - I mean, I try some weird stuff too so, not better than anyone else!

Have to just be careful so it doesn't get worse. Always a risk associated when it comes to using psychedelics to treat HPPD - there are a few people who say their HPPD has become better thanks to psychedelics, I wouldn't dare to risk it.

Edited by sami

All I know is when I'd smoke weed.... Just 1 or 2 hits, I would lose it and everything became worse. I'm not sure I'd try something that is a long acting psychedelic. Be careful. Good luck.

just For reference so everyone knows what homeopathy is and does. A 1x solution will have results that are clinical. A 10x well... that’s just water really. 

That being said hallucinogens need an incredibly small dose to be active in the case of lsd. Dunno about what you’re talking about in terms of this plant. 

Honestly the idea idea that you can reverse hppd with things that cause hppd is really silly. There may be a very select few people that have claimed this has happened to them, but it is unlikely true. This is serious dis regulation and, for some, most likely brain damage of a sort. It certainly fits the time frame for brain damage recovery... 

Bottom line is posting stuff like this is dangerous. Stop throwing things at your brain without calculated risk backed by scientific hypothesis. This is how you got here in the first place #definitionofinsanity

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sambabeat78
      Hello my friends, 
      I'm writing an article for The Independent about HPPD. I'd like to talk first-hand with sufferers of the disorder and document their stories. This article will spread awareness about the risks of psychedelic drug-taking and show what can go wrong. 
      If you're interested in having a short chat or sending a summary of your experience with HPPD, then please email me at eddie.prideaux@gmail.com. You can be anonymous on request, don't worry. 
      Ed
    • By Nic
      Hello. I'm kind of new here, first time posting.
      I'm struggling with visual snow  (i think it is, because I see little floating dots when looking up the sky that looks kind of like, i don't know, sperm?and I note everything is a bit of pink, especially in the dark. Sometimes i can't tell if something is totally white or white with a little bit of pink). This is happening for about 6-7 months now, after a bad trip with LSD, which I used before like 20/25 times in the period of 1,5/2 years (but with little dosage, like 1/4 ou 1/2). In that period I also used MDMA and a hell lot of weed. The last time I used LSD was 6-7 months ago, MDMA I used once like 2 months ago and about a week ago I stoped to smoke weed, because I finally accepted what it was going on, and things have improve a little because before when I was under the effect of marijuana I would see everything very colorful or slight moving when looking at walls or other big surfaces.
      I could not notice all of this to be so strong at first, or maybe I just could not accepted, but I always knew something was going on. I don't know if it got strongger or simply I started to really pay attencion and note it.
      I also feel disconnect to my body, and i saw that this two are the most common symptoms for people with hppd.
      I can't stop crying and having suicidal thoughts, and I'm very afraid of starting a medicine that will make my visuals worse, because I king have a feeling that when I see once, i can't un-see it somethings? i don't know. But also, I can not think about doing nothing because it gives me like a panic attack or something.
      Any ways, I don't speak english very well (you probably noticed), and in my country nobody really seems to care about this kind of stuff (treatment for hppd). So I'm consulting with a psychiatrist this week and I would like some help with information about some medicine that have low risk of worsed visuals (that is my worse fear), but has a chance to improve the visuals and the DP.
      I'm kind afraid of taking Lamotrigine or Keppra because a lot of people have seem to have more visuals with time? I also saw that Naltrexone seems to help some people, but this one guy said the visuals got worse as the medicine "goes away" within a few hours. Clonazepam is very commom, but I don't know if can help with the visual or only with the despersonalization. Someone post about imitrex being good with this. What can you guys tell me?
      I think, based on what I have read here, that my symptoms are milder, but they still are torturing me, and I don't know what to do. I'm very afraid of never get better and I'm done with all kinds of illegal drugs. I don't have anyone I can really trust with all of this, so I seeking for information and help from you guys... Thanks a lot for anyone that can help.

N.
    • By AntoCVSS
      Hey guys,
      I started taking Clonazepam in a really small dose (0,2mg per day) 3 days ago, and yesterday evening I started getting possitive palinopsia and hard afterimages.
      Is it possible that Clonazepam induced me this?
      My psychiatrist prescribed it to me for Sertraline and Lorazepam withadrawl, for not getting too much abstinence (I am currently on Sertraline 50mg and Lorazepam 0,5mg and going down every week step by step)
    • By AntoCVSS
      Hello guys,
      During the last 3 months my symptoms increased a lot and I still thinking it’s because Sertraline. I’ve been taking Sertraline 100mg for 3 years now, same with Lorazepam 1g, every day during 3 years.
      I talked to my med and he wants to take me off the Sertraline and change Lorazepam for Clonazepam some weeks / months. I am super afraid of withadrawl and also of still using benzodiazepines. My symptoms nowadays are: Severe VS, severe ghosting and palinopsia with afterimages, photophobia, photopsias, nyctalopia, flashes, color problems, apparent movement in objects, kind of bugs in vision, and really mild shaking vision (just on my periphery).

What I can do? Please I need help because my symptoms are so severe nowadays and I don’t want to get them worse, actually I would like they come back at least to last year were they weren’t so noticeable. 
      I get intrusive thoughts everyday and I need help. I’m 21 years old.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.