Catch up

balance

Seeing as the forum has been down for a while might be nice to see how everyone has been and what everyone has been upto?

lt

Hey Balance, it has been a while. I see that many people do not know the site is up again. There was no update on the site that announced the reconstruction as was said. It may be difficult to get the word out.

I am doing about the same. Start working Monday again after a long absence out of work.

How you doing?

Was your absence from work due to your HPPD? (If you don't mind me asking)

I've been okay, just taking it as it comes I guess, I haven't been able to work or even drive for the past year so I guess I can say I've ben doing the same thing for the past year, just trying to get my life back on track, staying optimistic at least.

Have an appointment in a month with one of the higher up neurologists here in Australia, so looking foward that!

And yeah hopefully the forums start getting back on track again soon!

I discovered an iPhone application for this Board that is native to the iPhone! Alas, I can do something.

Yes, the GoDaddy template site I had created was before I knew of a solution.

This morning,, I am reading about d-LSD's affect on genetic expression of 5-HT receptor regulation of GABAergic inhibitory neurons. Examining disorders that occur when the 5-HT2A receptor is in lower concentrations than normal in this system.

I am working from 3 - 11:30 pm Today, Tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday.

I am trying to extract the email list from the old board to send out a broadcast message, but believe that it may also be good to let members continue their break until they feel necessary to try the HPPDonline.com web address again. Addittionally, AlteredPerceptions.com is in my hands and will point to the site.

Update: I am submitting a research proposal to the IRB to allow me to collect case histories from members with their approval, and administer a new research instrument over the phone to begin to validate the theory presented in my thesis. It would be powerful for the reader to hear life stories and how this disorder has affected their lives.

I am consulting with Dr. Davis on the forum set-up, and I will be uploading files on HPPD.

The positive attitude towards accepting change from the both of you is refreshing.

All my best,

David

Was your absence from work due to your HPPD? (If you don't mind me asking)

I've been okay, just taking it as it comes I guess, I haven't been able to work or even drive for the past year so I guess I can say I've ben doing the same thing for the past year, just trying to get my life back on track, staying optimistic at least.

Have an appointment in a month with one of the higher up neurologists here in Australia, so looking foward that!

And yeah hopefully the forums start getting back on track again soon!

Partially due to direct symptoms and seemingly related symptoms. Also going back to work to be engaged and productive, after 1 1/2 years.

And because I can not live without an income.

Hey everyyone

Just registered - same name as on the old board

Things have been good. I'm a bit sick right now. Perhaps the end of October is too late to go swimming (really jumping in and running out) in lakes (5 degree water)? I'm taking one class about Religious Radicalism and preparing a presentation on the Multiple Interpretations of Jihad. Still having fun teaching English. Doing a bit of traveling here and there. Trying to get outside occasionally before it gets too cold. Still practicing meditation. That the latest from me.

Hope everyone has been doing well.

Just remember the difficult, challenging, and uncomfortable times in life are where we learn the most.

Peace

Dukkha