Amoxicillin. Antibiotics & HPPD. Help.

Hi guys. I'm Jose. I've been out from this board. As I said in other posts, my life came back. With time all my symptoms have faded, no dp/dr, only mild visuals (feel free to pm me to ask whatever you want) and I only get a little worsening of symptoms in stress and lack of sleep periods. So, I need your help and your experience with that.

I have to take antibiotics 3x7 days = 21 pills, of Amoxicillin next Tuesday for a tooth infection.

What do you experience guys while on it? I've heard lot of "nightmares" and relapse histories and... to be honest, I would like to read something coming from one guy talking to me directly.

Greetings from Spain.

I was just prescribed Ciprofloxacin for stomach problems but elected not to take it after seeing the stories posted on this forum. I think a lot depends on what type of antibiotic you're taking and how powerful the dose is. Cipro sounds like a nightmare whereas others seem to be OK. If I were you I'd type in some search words in the bar at the top right of this page and see what results you come up with. 

Hey Jose, sorry to hear about your infection.

my visual symptoms are severe compared to some I think, but other mental symptoms not so much.

about 3 months ago I had to take a super strong dose of amoxicillin clavulanic acid for an excruciatingly painful abscess.

i didn't notice any affect on my HPPD whatsoever from taking these antibiotics. Maybe I was just too preoccupied with the pain. But 3 months down the line im exactly the same as I was before taking them.

although everyone reacts differently so I'd be cautious with anything.

On 9/29/2018 at 4:46 AM, K.B.Fante said:

I was just prescribed Ciprofloxacin for stomach problems but elected not to take it after seeing the stories posted on this forum. I think a lot depends on what type of antibiotic you're taking and how powerful the dose is. Cipro sounds like a nightmare whereas others seem to be OK. If I were you I'd type in some search words in the bar at the top right of this page and see what results you come up with. 

KBFante don't take cipro please. When my hppd started 4 years ago, my doc gave gave me cipro for treat a ear infection and it was like I felt dead. I'm sure there are LOT of kinda of antibiotics for treat that infections.

Edited by Jagermeister

On 10/2/2018 at 4:47 AM, scaredhuman said:

Hey Jose, sorry to hear about your infection.

my visual symptoms are severe compared to some I think, but other mental symptoms not so much.

about 3 months ago I had to take a super strong dose of amoxicillin clavulanic acid for an excruciatingly painful abscess.

i didn't notice any affect on my HPPD whatsoever from taking these antibiotics. Maybe I was just too preoccupied with the pain. But 3 months down the line im exactly the same as I was before taking them.

although everyone reacts differently so I'd be cautious with anything.

Hello amigo. Thank you for the reply. My doctor did extract my tooth without putting me on antibiotics. I asked him If I could avoid them and he told me the infection I had wasn't no active, so he didn't prescribe me any antibiotics. Fortunately, 4 days after the extraction, I have no pain since the first moment I did put my ass outside the hospital.

But it' so good to know Amoxicillin was good for you. Thank you again and take care buddy.

Edited by Jagermeister

About a year after the onset of my hppd, I was prescribed amoxicillin. Had no effect on my hppd that I noticed. I was still doing a lot of drugs back then though so I definitely didn’t have a good baseline to judge against. Some people don’t seem to have problems with them though.

cipro is another story. Flouroquinalones are an awful class of drugs that ruin people’s lives. Never take cipro unless the alternative is death.  

I really want to thank those who've posted on this site and in this thread advising me to avoid Cipro. This is why it's important to keep a database like this on the Web.

I instead elected to see a naturopathic doctor who prescribed me natural antifungals which are much safer than fluoroquinolones. 

For those contemplating which antibiotics are safe I'd recommend using the search bar at the top of this site to see what comes up. 

• Upvote 1