Does this sound like HPPD? And if so why did it get worse?

cmd

Hi everyone,

4 years ago I took a lot of acid during one summer, then I stopped and was completely fine. Around 6 months later I started taking Prozac for social anxiety and 4 months after taking Prozac I had a psychosis from smoking weed and taking Prozac. Then ever since that psychosis, I've had some weird symptoms. My vision is shaking and choppy. For example, anything that moves is like taken in pictures and is laggy, and still objects shake in circles. It's weird because I can change the direction of the shaking but I can't stop it lol. I also have visual snow. But I'm not sure if it is HPPD because I don't have any tracers or see colors. I do get DP/DR sometimes. What do you guys think?

Although I've been feeling really good for the past 4 months although 3 weeks ago it seems like my visuals have gotten worse out of nowhere and have given me bad anxiety and DP/DR. I don't know what could have caused this. It feels kind of like when I first experienced these issues from when I got them 2 1/2 years ago... 

I'm looking forward to your guy's response! Thank you! ?

It’s sounds like yes you do. I do not believe that delucid knows what he is talking about. You’re visual snow is a classic symptom. In rare cases people do get HPPD from smoking weed. Incombanant with Prozac it could have amplified effects etc. I would say yes you do to some degree have HPPD.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:32 AM, DeLucid2018 said:

no dude.... u got a chemical imbalance.... not hppd ;) try no pill's ssri's = jokes inthis day and age .. don't fuxz withthemssri's just causes sideffects.

stop stating opinion as fact. 

If the guy has taken lsd, was smoking weed and has visual issues, then hppd is as likely a suspect as anything. SSRIs might have triggered the symptoms, but no one can rule out hppd.

um dude... I been in the mental health program for over 10 years.. done Prozac ungodly amounts of paxil…. and nowadays even my docs etc call um bs... not opinion homie... they are only power of suggestion... kinda like antipsychotcs…. I have perm-psychedelia mixed with a lot of psychosis these days and trust me... and my docs lol... that psycho-pharmacology and psychiatry is in its infancy... sry bro, know what im fuckin talkin bout

I only say the no hppd thing as ive been saying on these boards for half my life.. its easy to mistake hppd.. as a cause for a personal mental condition..... its a good thing to not have HPPD it WILLNEVER GO AWAY.. lol haven't done psychedelics in ages and still trippin turn 35 next week been postin on hppd boards since I was 15.... calm urself.... itd be a good thing.. visual snow? a million reasons for that.. if ur livin in a underwater world.. like u litterly see movment everywhere.... no stability... then you got hppd.. imo … your right.. im kinda outdated... if urs is less good for you!!! im glad like many say... that I saw more on psychedelics that's why my hppd is worse... but man.. if you saw through my eyes sober.. ud back the fuck off...

good call tho, nice to see those still trying ta help.. me? im just a midleages grump and been this way since 16 lol... don't pay attention. 

HPPD is THE LAST DIAGNOSIS YOU WANT.. HAVE HOPE! see a doctor. they don't know shit.. but … you may not be burnt.

Edited by DeLucid2018

17 hours ago, DeLucid2018 said:

um dude... I been in the mental health program for over 10 years.. done Prozac ungodly amounts of paxil…. and nowadays even my docs etc call um bs... not opinion homie... they are only power of suggestion... kinda like antipsychotcs…. I have perm-psychedelia mixed with a lot of psychosis these days and trust me... and my docs lol... that psycho-pharmacology and psychiatry is in its infancy... sry bro, know what im fuckin talkin bout

Yea, that's still an opinion. I've had this shit for 23 years and still don't assume to know everything and don't flat out diagnose other people based on my own, unique experience. 

The guy took drugs and sees shit... SSRIs may have latently triggered it. Either way, SSRI induced visual disorders and drug induced disorders are hardly inseparable (LSD and MDMA are both serotogenic drugs).