Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
unfortunate son

do i have hppd?

Hi guys, 

so about 3 weeks ago i took a pot brownie. i felt a massive panic attack and since then i have been having persistent visuals (objects moving/expanding, patterns flowing and text moving from left to right). i may have slightly improved since the beginning but it is hard to tell. My symptoms get a lot worse in the evening and at night when things get darker. i have visited the doctor and he believes i just need to detox and should be fine in a couple of weeks, but i'm still concerned. i have taken mushrooms before so that could explain why i was sensitive to the weed in a psychedelic way. this was the first time i've had a brownie and there was about 0.5 g of hash inside. do i have hppd or am i still intoxicated?

You dosed on mushrooms just once before the brownie?   Note, I'm no doctor, nor am I an expert when it comes to hppd.  I suspect if you avoid drugs you will level out in a few months.  You may have the early indicators that you're susceptible to hppd.  Don't tempt fate!  Stay clean, keep focused, and don't dwell on the symptoms you're experiencing.   I can't stress enough though, stay clean.

Take care