My Symptoms, Anybody Similar?

Hey,

So I developed HPPD after some traumatic acid trip, I guess I took a little too much unknowingly. What started as flashbacks, that would occur like once a week, where I’d fully start experiencing a trip again — hearing voices (the worst), seeing things glow, everything like acid-world type thing but not in any way close to the way it was when I actually tripped. Each week or so after that, I could see them getting less intense, and the voices becoming less intense. All super strange shit. It took about 2 months for the flashbacks and voices to go away completely. I remember after that, the last hit of the ‘flashback’ type of thing was full on static vision that lasted about 4 days, and then went away. Throughout this whole time I quit weed, but I continued to drink, and heavily, because of how much this was pissing me off. But I stopped all other drugs. Some self-justification bullshit that got me into this mess in the first place was the reason I kept drinking. Anyway, once I’d decided to stop drinking which was about 4 months in, I got fully sober, and dedicated to recovery. At this point my symptoms were constant intensified colours, my vision is like 4K-HD all the time, everything looks super defined (this is the one I’m curious to see if anybody else has?) static at night, excessive blue field entoptic phenomenon, constant anxiety, mood swings, depression, DP/DR. Since sobriety about 3 months ago, these symptoms have stayed about exactly the same. I’m hopeful though, I’m trying things. I haven’t really dedicated myself to exercise and meditation like I know I should, I’m still trying to cope with figuring out my life with this all breaking my entire sense of reality, and really sense of self. I just wanna know I’m not the only one with this 4K-HD thing, cause I’ve read up on loads and I have symptoms that match other people’s but no one really mentions this one. This is a tough one to break through, everybody who pushes through this I have the upmost respect for, people don’t really understand how hard this is. I’m sure I can get myself out of this somehow, any tips would be much appreciated. Oh yeah, and whenever I’m outside, listening to my earphones it sounds different, is vision somehow linked with your hearing? Is the excessive amount of visual information coming in somehow messing with my hearing? Life’s funny, I’m a photographer, and have been because I’ve always been very in tune with my perception, this is like the biggest piss-take of all time! It came after the thing I valued the most, not even realising I could lose it haha. At least something good that’s come out of it is that I’ve told a lot of people who were gonna take hallucinogens to not even risk it, I can’t  imagine what it would do to some people, I feel like those of us who get it are somewhat strong enough to deal with it. And sobriety (sigh). So yeah, I know I’m in it for somewhat of a long road, so I’m trying to keep hopeful no matter what, take it day by day, cause I’ve questioned offing myself multiple times. Tried CBD oil by the way, that calmed me down. I heard about Black Seed oil as well, that’s just classically in Middle eastern culture known to be a great cure, so I’m gonna get myself on that soon. Alright, let me know guys. 

hey man I appreciate you for sharing and going through this, I can relate and say that it is tough. I had a 2 year session of HPPD and now im on another one and its been about 4 months, I cant say that I can relate to the 4k eyesight, my vision is worse than before, my depth perception also sucks. I get the intensified colors and light, but its almost like the intense lights and colors take away from my ability to see well, ive always had 20:20 vision, but nowadays its like if im looking i can really only focus on one small portion of what im looking at and i cant grasp fuller images, and for the hearing and seeing being connected, I believe they are in the sense that they are both ways of perceiving, if you see a dog bark in front of you then you expext to hear a dog bark, so if this dog in reality sounds a little bit weird your brain may shape the sound you hear so that you hear; a dog bark. You see what I mean? Anyway, I hope your situation evens out, there is a lot of us.. and we all have a way of perceiving life now that is different from the societal norm, so lets perceive the best lives that we can.

3 hours ago, thawhitetigerbby said:

hey man I appreciate you for sharing and going through this, I can relate and say that it is tough. I had a 2 year session of HPPD and now im on another one and its been about 4 months, I cant say that I can relate to the 4k eyesight, my vision is worse than before, my depth perception also sucks. I get the intensified colors and light, but its almost like the intense lights and colors take away from my ability to see well, ive always had 20:20 vision, but nowadays its like if im looking i can really only focus on one small portion of what im looking at and i cant grasp fuller images, and for the hearing and seeing being connected, I believe they are in the sense that they are both ways of perceiving, if you see a dog bark in front of you then you expext to hear a dog bark, so if this dog in reality sounds a little bit weird your brain may shape the sound you hear so that you hear; a dog bark. You see what I mean? Anyway, I hope your situation evens out, there is a lot of us.. and we all have a way of perceiving life now that is different from the societal norm, so lets perceive the best lives that we can.

Cheers man. After your 2 year session did it just go away completely? How did another one come about. And yeah that makes sense as for the vision and hearing. This shit is so weird. 

I find myself looking as well to see if anyone has similar things that happen. My acid trip was intense and went south for me. I went a year with nothing then one day if felt like it was all a dream and I never left the first acid trip. I get stuck in loops as if the moment I’m in never ended and I’ve been here and always will be in the moment that catches me for my entire life. I’ll be sitting still then it’s as if everything repeats and sheer terror takes over.

i don’t have 4k like HD but I feel as my equilibrium has been knocked off and I’m walking through a dream.

I stopped by here looking to see if I’m not alone. It’s intense and trying to find an answer for it to stop. 

Thanks for sharing and I know we can get through the craziness!

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/8/2018 at 1:52, TheWildWorld said:

Me veo buscando para ver si alguien tiene cosas similares que suceden. Mi viaje ácido fue intenso y fue hacia el sur para mí. Pasé un año sin nada más que un día si sentía que todo era un sueño y nunca abandoné el primer viaje ácido. Me quedo atascado en bucles como si el momento en el que estoy nunca terminara y he estado aquí y siempre estaré en el momento en que me atrape por toda mi vida. Estaré sentado quieto, entonces es como si todo se repite y el terror se hace cargo.

No tengo 4k como HD, pero siento que mi equilibrio se ha desvanecido y estoy caminando por un sueño.

Pasé por aquí mirando para ver si no estoy solo. Es intenso y trata de encontrar una respuesta para que se detenga. 

¡Gracias por compartir y sé que podemos superar la locura!

It is a sensation very similar to mine. I notice that I am in a dream or I am still on the mushroom journey and I notice the different perception. What notes in the balance? I feel like a mental dizziness, although I have a good balance.

I know exactly what you mean about the 4kHD vision. Ever since I've developed HPPD, i've noticed everything is much sharper & colors are much more vibrant. thats definitely the symptom I mind the least, although sometimes it's strange. It can add to my DR, because it makes the whole world look fake -- Everything seems to be in extreme HD, with sharper outlines and more intense contrast. Whack shit. 

On 8/12/2018 at 2:12 PM, Chetty said:

Cheers man. After your 2 year session did it just go away completely? How did another one come about. And yeah that makes sense as for the vision and hearing. This shit is so weird. 

After the two years there was a point where it did completely go away, I was also taking alprazolam (xanax)  though and its been prescribed to reduce the HPPD effects and it works pretty well I guess so that was probably why it went away. And the second one came along because I decided to trip again, and I had actually opened up my third eye that night for a brief period of time on accident, I was just having so many epiphanies and it got to a point where I had an insane amount of pressure in the middle of my forehead and I realized what I needed to do with my life, I realized I needed to completely change how I lived and quit doing drugs and partying and not caring about life, I was going down a pretty bad path and had done some bad things. But anyway my life made a 180 degree turn for the best and I felt amazing, I was nicer to everyone, I wasnt acting in my ego as much, no more aggression, amazing things truly, and so I figured if the mushrooms made me better that night, then they would continue to make me better, so I tripped a few more times, and then microdosed for a week, .5 in the morning and .5 around 4:00, and after a great microdose I stopped doing them, and after a few months I had realized that It came back, I just started noticing it every so often, and it was honestly a little worse than before. But I just needed to realize that too much of a good thing, is bad. They really helped me mature and change my life around but the fact that I continued to take them was childish. It has been about 6 months now and Im beginning to realize its more of a fight with myself than anything. I basically control how I feel completely through my thoughts, not like "be happy" or "be sad" but If im thinking positively I begin to notice that I feel better and I have a warm sensation in my stomach, and if Im thinking negatively then I am more inclined to have headaches, and be fatigued. So for me its really just keeping a healthy mind, positive thoughts, knowing that everything is gonna be alright in the end, no matter what.