Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tenesnive appen

If symptoms start in adolescence are there different treatment options?

Since the brain is still developing (growing) during adolescence, are there more effective treatments that can help regenerate damaged brain tisue? I have no idea what this treatment might entail, it is just a theory I had.

I’ve had several bouts/spikes of hppd in my life (I did too many drugs...) and found the ones when I was younger went away much faster and left me with less permanent side effects. I atribute this to the increased plasticity of the brain in youth.

• Like 1

By anecdote, I have a friend who got visual snow from a stimulant. He was 19 when it happened and the symptoms subsided after a month. Unfortunately for me, my own visual snow is still here after two years. Note that we haven't used together. If you're still in adolescence it would make sense that your brain could eventually fix or adapt to the changes. Reading that you're 16 and got symptoms from weed, I suspect you're likely to have a positive outcome for your situation. Take care of yourself and stay away from weed and other drugs

Edited by thelostreceptor
Typo