Should I smoke DMT? I am 51 years old and a little nervous about HPPD

I did mescaline two or three times when I was 16 years old but never again.
No visuals or anything like that, I just had a great times laughing and hanging out with friends without feeling sleepy.
Recently I tried DMT but no breakthroughs or visuals, everything just got really strange and beautiful.

Below you will find some interesting things that happend to me while NOT taking any drugs which lead me to want to try DMT at this point in my life.

Strange episode #1
At the age of 17 I was playing tempest at the Pizzeria, a game I was never really good at, in fact, I was never really good at any video game, but suddenly I was the best Tempest player ever.
People piled into the Pizzeria and gathered around me because no one had ever been able to play as long as I did.  Everyone was excited for me and talking about it. 
What I saw as I played the game was that I could easily see some sort of pattern and that the game was no longer a challenge, I had 3 lives, and I saw clearly that I could play forever.
I became convinced that it must have been a bug in the game software because it was just too easy,  so I asked one of the kids I knew to be a very good player to take over.  As I walked away I heard three explosions.  He did not last a minute.  So it was real.  I felt very strange and I looked into a mirror on the wall and I noticed my pupils were gigantic and my ears were red.
As I sat down I noticed something else, I felt as I had this increased understanding of everyone around me and a feeling of love for everyone.
It was like some sort of enlightenment that allowed me to see how people felt inside.
I stayed there for hours and strangers seemed to be drawn to me and it was so easy to talk to everyone. 
I went home and the next day I was back to my old self, shitty at video games and just a regular kid.  

Strange episode #2
At the age of 20 I was laying down at around 1 in the afternoon when I noticed what looked like crop circles in 3-D, no colors, on my wall, as if bulging out of the wall. 
They started appearing and changing slowly and then picked up an incredible amount of speed, thousands of shapes.
They disappeared, and then I saw sheep, deer, lamb, and other gentle animals laying next to me. They would appear and disappear all around me and I was not afraid.
After that, I saw flocks of tiny birds inches from my eyes, they looked the way birds look when they are really high in the sky, there was a fluidity in their motion, but they were right in front of me.
Next came spiders, coming down from the ceiling and now I was getting scared.  I could not move for all this time until now, and I sat up and the spiders were still there for about 30 seconds and then disappeared.  

Fast forward...I am 51 years old.  Nothing like what I described ever happened again but I definitely had this feeling all my life that there was something within me that I had a glimpse of in the past and that I wanted to experience again.  I have been reading about DMT for about 10 years now and I ordered some.  I took a little bit but no break through and no visuals, I just noticed that things got a little strange. My friend took the same amount and although he smoked it with skepticism (fireworks in your mind he thought) he later told me there is another place he visits, the same place each time he smokes, he sees buildings and beings and he feels he is receiving information. He returns from these experiences telling me he has worried too much about meaningless crap all his life.
So now I purchased more DMT and a $350 mininail to make sure I do not burn the DMT, I am aiming to have an experience since up to now nothing has really happened for me. All this and today for the first time ever I hear of HPPD and now I am questioning if I should go forward with it as I am a concerned even though it is rare and seems to happen to people who use a lot of LSD and Shrooms.

Just hoping for some feedback from others.  What did you take that caused HPPD? how much and how often before it affected you?

TL;DR I want to smoke DMT but I am afraid of HPPD.  Has anyone here suffered from HPPD just by smoking DMT a few times and no other drugs?

Thanks!!!!

I don't think this is the kind of forum to ask this kind of questions. 

Bare in mind that we are all here because psychedelics (especially LSD) caused us to have permanent hallucinations as well as DP/DR which are not fun. Therefore, everyone around here will tell you to not do any kind of psychedelics. Including myself.

I will still give my honest opinion though. 

Considering what you wrote, especially in episode #2, I would stay away from psychedelics as these hallucinations should not happen.

Now, most people got HPPD from acid. Some from shrooms and even weed. Ranging from people who took it once to people who took it countless times.

And I guess it is possible to get HPPD from DMT considering it is the most powerful psychedelic known to man AFAIK.

Since you will probably smoke DMT anyway, I would advise not to redose countless times in the same day. And discontinue all drug use if you start noticing HPPD symptoms.

You buy your ticket, you take your chances.  Perhaps a silly old expression but appropriate I think.  I smoked my share of DMT way back when and it can be a very heavy duty experience.  Someone said ( I can't remember who) that when it comes to DMT best to have heavy gauge wiring installed.  There are no guarantees in life.  It might work out fine, it might not.  I'm in my late 50s and, for me, staying clean is the path to happiness.  Not trying to give a temperance lecture, just my perspective.  YMMV.

Edited by MadDoc
Second thoughts

DMT is why I am here. I had an amazing life with so much potential. It turned it all to complete hell, a flame of torment in my brains senses daily, sleeping was the only time I had peace for months, and waking was my nightmare. Based on that I think you can reason for yourself if it’s a good idea.

• Upvote 1

This is a bad place to get a yes or no answer for this kind of thing. I will try to be as unbiased as possible in my response to allow you to make your own decision.

cons:

- some people here are because of DMT so this (hppd) is possible through its use

- DMT is arguably the strongest hallucinogen you can find

- even if you don’t get hppd, DMT can be a very strong experience, one that I’ve gone through myself, and isn’t always pleasant or beautiful. 

- you might become “Enlightend”. Whatever that means. Don’t forget, it’s hard to change oneself once you’ve had one of these experiences. You might find you aren’t happy with your life anymore and that’s fine if you have the motivation to change it. You might not. You might become miserable.

Pros

- While DMT is the strongest hallucinogen, it’s also the shortest acting. Time is an enormous factor when it comes to accruing brain issues due to hallucinogen. I believe that doing DMT is probably better than dropping acid if only because while the effect is enormous, it’s duration is over 60 times shorter than traditional lSD. They don’t call it the businessman’s trip for nothing

- you might become “Enlightend”. Whatever that means. Don’t forget, it’s hard to change oneself once you’ve had one of these experiences. You might find you aren’t happy with your life anymore and change it! 

Personally, I’ve done DMT a handful of times and that was after I got hppd (roughly 18 months after). The only thing I noticed, was if I did it a few days in a row, I would get anxiety. I was kind of shocked to experience that considering how bad I had hppd when it first started. 

But it could have easily gone the other way. I could have had the neurochemical reaction that causes hppd happen (whatever that is). Or just an awful trip. Hell I broke through into a hospital for a few minutes before I was orbiting stars. That was scary. My friend who supplied it said he’d given it to many people and they were all fine... but once he gave it to a kid who immediately started screaming and ran outside into the yard and started eating dirt for ten minutes while wailing. When he came out of that he had no recollection of what he did. Thank God he didn’t become violent because he could have murdered someone.

at the end of the day, this is a very extreme drug. It’s not something to be taken lightly. If you do decide to do it, a calm mindset is important and so is setting. 

Dont expect that its a one one way trip to enlightenment too. I received 0 spiritual benefits from DMT. It’s just too strong to have rational thoughts when it’s working (at high doses at least). I’ve tried low doses too and while it’s very visually interesting there wasn’t this profound emotional realizing at all. Just a “oh cool, colors and shapes. Now they’re gone. Going to go to class.”

I would say don’t do it. You aren’t young, but you aren’t on deaths door. You don’t want to become an active member here. 

Just do do what I plan to do. When I’m an old man and ready to die, I’m going to the top of a mountain with IV DMT and a tank of nitrous. I’ll have a friend slowly crank up both until I pass while listening to Kreeks Notebook ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1