Q&A with famous doctor Abraham in Netherlands

• 1 month later...

Hi as a long time sufferer I would agree with the Drs assessment especially the acceptance Quote. I'm coming up to 40 years with this condition and you really need to get the head down and get on with life. HPPD  is really just a condition opposed to an illness and definitely is not a mental illness although excessive worry and anxiety over the condition will, however, lead you down that path. Brainfog headaches and lethargy are the real demons of this condition.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 6:22 AM, robbie123 said:

Hi as a long time sufferer I would agree with the Drs assessment especially the acceptance Quote. I'm coming up to 40 years with this condition and you really need to get the head down and get on with life. HPPD  is really just a condition opposed to an illness and definitely is not a mental illness although excessive worry and anxiety over the condition will, however, lead you down that path. Brainfog headaches and lethargy are the real demons of this condition.

Agreed.  Getting on with life is very important.  I've had this condition for roughly 40 years as well.  Like having any other disability you have to accept the fact that you have it, do what you can to help with healing, and get your life moving.  For me, sobriety was key.

Edited by MadDoc
Foolish typing
  • Like 1