Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
SRoll

HPPD for 8 years

Hello,

After 8 years of living with HPPD I have decided to share my story and network with other individuals who are living with it as well. My story starts in 2010. I was 17 years old, a senior in high school, getting good grades, popular amongst my peers, playing on the varsity basketball team. I had tripped 6 times on mushrooms before this time and 3 times on acid. Well in October of 2010, I took my last blotter tab of acid ever marking my 4th time doing acid and my 10th time tripping. Parts of the trip were good. Parts were bad. About a month or so later I had a panic attack laying down in bed trying to sleep. I woke up the next day and have never felt the same since. I had distinct visual snow, DP/DR, black floaters and eye worms, and enormous amounts of anxiety. I saw my family doctor, a neurologist, and a psychiatrist. I got an MRI and an EEG and both showed nothing wrong. I ended up going to college shortly after all of this which was three hours from my home so I just had to force myself to live with it. College was a blast and although I noticed my HPPD every single day I was able to cope with it and accept it. Then I moved to a different city when I graduated in 2015 and have been able to maintain a very successful career in sales for three years. However, January of 2018 I experienced my first vertigo attack. Scared me. I have since experienced two more vertigo attacks and as of recently for the past week I have felt like as if I am constantly in motion. Almost a feeling of swaying or off balance. I am getting another mri tomorrow actually since the other one I got was 8 years ago. I am seeing a neuro eye doctor in about a month to see what he has to say. Has anyone experienced vertigo and motion/balance issues with their HPPD? Thanks.