Is HPPD always linked to a bad trip trauma ?

I double posting my question that i did on the reddit.

I would love to hear your opinion about this.

Do you guys think HPPD is :

• a drug induced trauma : The drug triggers (because of a bad trip?) a permanent traumatic state of anxiety ; The trip himself creates a traumatic experience, or enhance/bring light on a past trauma or current traumatic environnement.

• Or is it a singular drug induced affliction, that does not come with a traumatic/anxiety psychologic condition or psychedelic experience ? So, it's just the substance that brings only a chemical inbalance in the brain. Means it can affect anyone, even people with a very good mental condition and lifestyle and after a good trip.

What do you guys think ? Did you all experience at some moment one really terrible bad trip experience ? (too intense, too strong, too far)

The year i got HPPD, I had one terrible psylo trip. Symptoms came a few month after, smoking hash and, like for a traumatic resurgence, i had memories of that bad trip coming back with a huge anxiety. 4 month later , it completely got cured and came back for good with a very little acid dosage+mushroom again. 

Edited by olivier24445

As far as I remember, studies from Dr. A. suggested that people experiencing a bad trip will have more chances having HPPD. But you don't need a bad trip to have HPPD.

If we don't include flashbacks which are more PTSD oriented imo, I would say it is a chemical imbalance, as some PET scans showed.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dayum_son said:

As far as I remember, studies from Dr. A. suggested that people experiencing a bad trip will have more chances having HPPD. But you don't need a bad trip to have HPPD.

If we don't include flashbacks which are more PTSD oriented imo, I would say it is a chemical imbalance, as some PET scans showed.

Most logical answer

I never really had a bad trip.  The closest thing to a bad experience was when I was dosed with some rather nasty acid.  However, once I realized what had happened, things went ok.  For me, I think it was taking too much for too many years rather than a single event.  I did have periodic visuals after my first dose but I think the repeated dosing is what cemented my symptoms.  When I stopped dosing, I think my anxiety was in part caused by reentering society after spending so many years in a psychedelic bubble.  No trama, no horror show, simply brain rewiring.  That's me,  we're all different.

^ That.

My HPPD didn't start after a single dose. I dosed up to ~200ugs.

It settled in once I started microdosing once a week, and smoking a joint each microdose day before going to bed.

At first, I found the VS cool, and thought it was just a side effect.

After about a month, I realised it would not go away and stopped all drugs.

HPPD stayed with me ever since. It is the repeated dosing that made me develop this disorder rather than the dosage itself.

• Upvote 1