Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnyd700

HPPD ADVICE

3 posts in this topic

I have read up on HPPD and am certain I have it now. I have used lots of drugs in past, MD,Ket,methodrone, acid, shrooms.. etc.

Basically I hallucinated really bad about week ago while high on MD & Ket. I think caused me to develop HPPD.

If look up into bright sky I see loads particles floating in sky in my vision. This doesn't bother me just pointing it out.

I don't enjoy smoking weed anymore because I get such strong visuals now. Best way I can describe it is, flashing multi colours in my vision, almost like auras/light emitting off people, fast heart rate, and just feels uncomfortable when I get high. 

I smoked weed pretty much every day for the past 2 years, I have stopped smoking weed now. Will I ever be able enjoy getting stoned again ?

Also I read that alcohol can worsen the effects. I feel quite good atm and I'm not smoking weed for a good while.my birthday is next week should i be alright to  drink alcohol ?

Thanks for any advice :-D

Abstinence is really best.... especially at the beginning of this journey. At the same time—-you gotta live. Clearly you want to have some fun! Just take it slow. Back in the day alcohol never really permanently worsened my symptoms. But I got tired of the increased anxiety and hangovers so I quit completely. It’s difficult, but after some time sober you relearn how to have fun without alcohol. Remember what you did as a kid—you weren’t drinking then! (I hope)

best,

oms

A week?  Give you self a little time to allow your brain to bounce back.  There can be lingering after effects after an intense experience.  Staying clean for a while is great advice.  Give your mind and body some time to level out.

As for alcohol.  I drank pretty heavily after I stopped dosing to deal with the anxiety.  I don't think it made my symptoms worse and it masked them somewhat.  However, when I stopped drinking all of my issues were there waiting for me.  

As for weed.  I could never go back to it once it started making me feel anxious.  Lots of people have a similar reaction to weed over time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Henkneedshelp
      Hi guys,
      Im writing this after a week of research done about hppd on google. I couldn't find much about. But the reason i'm ending up here is because i need some advice.
      So a bit more then a week ago i took ecstasy for the first time. I took 1/4 of a pill and 3 hours later i took 1/4 again. I didn't feel too much about the "high". It feelt good and dance all night. When i walked came out of the club (7am) my vision was bit blurry (probably because of being in a dark club all night). Then I went home and my parents were awake. Someone told me to look into light to hide dilated pupils so i did. 
      Now the next morning i was scared i damaged my brain so i went online and searched the internet. At somepoint i stumbled across hppd. I immediately got scared i had this so i checked if i had any of the symptoms. 
      Since i read about hppd i have the "visual snow" all the time, except for when I'm busy with other things. but for the last week I've been obsessing about the visual snow a lot.
      I see a bit of a glare around lights but im not sure if i had that before. 
      Some lights have a starshape
      I have after images only when i look to bright lights for a few seconds and the after images dont last long.
      That's about all the symptoms i have.  I don't seem to have walls morph into shapes or anything. I also don't have any of the depersonalition or derealization nor do i have depression. 
      Now my real question do I have hppd? 
      I have OCD so i had anxiety before i did the drug and because of OCD i tend to obsess about a lot of issues, health or other. 
      Also i want to mention that I have done cannabis and alcohol before and since i have my symptoms i tried it once and it didn't seem to worsen the symptoms during the "high" of cannabis or alcohol. 
      I might be overthinking this but some advice would be appreciated. 
      Thank you,
      Henkneedshelp
    • By tlehmbecker
      So, after a hospitalization for a suicide attempt I've been put on 10mg Abilify (aripiprazole) and have been taking it daily.
      Haven't noticed my symptoms getting worse. Perhaps slightly, but nothing unbearable at this point. 
      Additionally I have tried 1:1 THC:CBD weed with no worsening of symptoms. This suggests to me at least that the mechanism behind my HPPD is entirely different than the common hypotheses.
    • By tlehmbecker
      So, for the past week or so I've been smoking a strain that's nearly all CBD and (almost) no THC (I think it's about 13% CBD and maybe 1% THC). I smoke it in joint form, usually shortly before bed.
      I haven't noticed anything getting better or worse. However, it has done wonders for my insomnia and helps me feel relaxed before I hit the sack. Excellent stress relief.
      I have a strain that's nearly 1:1 THC to CBD to try still, so I have no idea how the THC will play into things. Planning on doing that this weekend since this will give me ample recovery time should I have a bad time (I don't expect to though).
      Also, the joints I roll tend to be pretty light, about the size of a hand-rolled cigarette.
      Also, as a sidenote, I have asthma and the smoke hasn't aggravated it all, usually only if I take a hit that was a little too much. Even then, a few hearty coughs and sips of water later and I'm fine
    • By CCO
      Hello all, 
      My name is Christiaan, I'm 18 years old. Over this past summer I smoked copious ammounts of cannabis and consumed LSD thrice, with a space of three weeks between the first and second expereinces and one week between the second and third. On the first two occasions I consumed half of a 155ug tab and smoked a small ammount of cannabis alongside (around one bowl). during the final experience I tripped in haste in my home, and dabbed pretty heavily alongside. I had an amazing experience on 3/4 of a tab, and on the comedown of this trip I accidentally ate another 3/4 tab, intending to redose only 1/4. I panicked and went to my sister, who became upset and started to frighten me as I began to trip harder, and so I just went into my room and panicked quietly. Eventually, maybe two hours later I took 15mg Remeron, an SNRI I'm perscribed for GAD/Depression, which put me to sleep for a few hours. When I woke up I was no longer tripping. Needless to say, since this past experience I have ceased all cannabis/hallucenogen consumption.
      I have been seeing slight hallucenations. Surfaces sometimes breathe, subjects in paintings seem to float and move around, and when reading lettering, especially on a screen, the words and lines can really seem to warp and slide around a bit. I also have noticed strong starbursting affects on lights especially at night, but I'm fairly sure I experienced that before. I am terrified of this developing into something less easy to ignore, especially since I took an SNRI while I had a good bit of acid in my system. As time goes on I become less and less hopeful that this is simply my anxiety or heightened awareness of normal phenomena. 

Thank you so much if you managed to read all this.
      -Christiaan
    • By Originally
      So I took acid twice like 4 months before school was over, I had no residual effects and lived my life as normal. On June 2nd I went to a friend's house, it was his birthday. We all brought weed, I brought 2g's my friend did the same. We smoked a duck ton, around 6 grams. That whole time I didn't have visuals, I was chilling. This was like a month after taking lsd, no visuals in that time frame. After that night I woke up, grabbed the bubbler and smoked 2 bowls. I went home and that day was weird. I felt it the whole day, 8am to 1am. I was on my computer for a few hours that day, when I got off I had a massive black rectangle in my vision. Black as hell, I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know what it was. I think I got hppd from weed and not lsd. Now my symptoms are better, I notice them like 3-5 times a day. Things are good, just don't feel like myself, cloudy brain. 
      Thanks for reading, I just had a massive realisation. Replies much appreciated