Can it come back?

Dr.Ocir

I suspect if you're lucky enough to have your symptoms clear up, and you resume taking psychedelics, then the chances of it coming back are very high.  For whatever reason some of us are predisposed to this disorder and I doubt that vulnerability just dissapears along with the original symptoms.

Edited by MadDoc
Foolish typing
  • Upvote 1

I have been on the forum for about 10 years now and it seems the answer is a clear YES.... not only can it come back, but it can come back much worse.

Say no to drugs, y'all.... Avoid stress as much as possible, double check with the forum, facebook etc about any new meds you get prescribed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has been my own experience, having HPPD for 48 years now, that there are long stretches of time when the symptoms seem not so strong or not obvious enough to notice. Then, a time of stress, or perhaps sleep deprivation, or for no such reason at all the symptoms will come again more pronounced. The most unsettling of these symptoms is the feeling that I just arrived on the scene while I've actually been there all along doing whatever Im doing. It is like a second me awakens. I do think this must be what is called de-realization or de-personalization. That particular symptom was what I did not like while on LSD in 1969-70 and what really makes me feel 'spacey'.( 48 years later!)  I stay away from situations and places that seem to heighten these symptoms, for instance noisy places with lots of people. Places with alot of electric lights and tech. These sorts of environs seem to trigger symptoms in my case. By the way, one of my biggest fears when I first experienced HPPD at the age of 12 years old was whether or not I would ever get AS high as on a full blown LSD trip! I never had that happen. I suppose it still could happen though.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

I don't know when I actually aquired hppd because once I started dosing there was rarely a week that went by that I didn't dose.  I had some suspicious symptoms after my first dose so let's say it started there.  That's roughly 45 years ago.  However, I didn't realize it wasn't going away until I stopped dosing.  That was roughly 39 years ago.

I'm saying all this because I have a simple message.  Even though I have this disability, life is wonderful and I feel like every day I get to live is a gift.  I've always felt that checking out wasn't an option.  Life with hppd can be difficult but we have this incredible opportunity to experience life.   We're the matter that woke up to experience whatever "this" is.  

I realize I've said this before, but I thought it might be worth repeating.

Edited by MadDoc
Bad math
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I'm sorry for starting that topic. I thought that it would help me but instead it just fed my worrying...and maybe the worrying of others too :(

Because of that: thank you MadDoc for your positive words.

My words of hope: Try TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE and AUTOSUGESTION (Émile Coué).

I suggest that we close this topic here or only write positive input.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Dr. Ocir...Be of good cheer! Let's just say our life is alittle more colorful...alittle more animated than others. I think...or I have come to think by experience, that HPPD can be well "managed" firstly by accepting it's reality! Everyone here on this forum has a fantastic edge that many of us never had from the 60's til now and that is HPPD is identified and described in great detail! So...at least the element of this being an imaginary problem is solved! For myself I knew not one other person who had this....since 1970! I suffered this totally alone all these years, even after describing it to Drs. and friends! We have a good beginning just with this forum bringing out the varied experiences and details of HPPD. This calls for realism and transparency for the sake of true discovery!

Please don't be discouraged but take a pioneers spirit!!!! I hope my own frank testimony will show that life is good and worth living, albeit delicate! Carry on!

Edited by Kaleidoscope
Error

On 2/21/2018 at 8:30 PM, dasitmane said:

Jesus man 48 years?? I dont think I even plan on sticking around if I cant find a cure for this.

Better get to it then bucko.

You know what to do.