Ok so I know that this is a weird topic. Please don't judge me...but in all seriousness, for as long I can remember I have had a dramatic increase in sexual desire since I got HPPD. Does anyone have this same thing? It's like I feel like I have to. I've tried to stop for awhile because I thought maybe masturbating made it worse but when I do I just get really panicky, racing thoughts, and increase of anxiety. I know masturbation has a lot to do with neurotransmitters in the brain. It releases dopamine and also does something with the acetylcholine receptors...so my question is can anybody relate to this? Does anyone feel that it makes them feel worse or better? For me, I can't tell...I tend to associate whackin off as a negative thing and I usually acquire some psychological guilt with it, mainly because I simply don't know if it's pulling me in the right direction or not, but I also feel that it does relieve some of the stress and anxiety. I feel that if I have an increased sexual desire than my body's telling me that it needs dopamine and those extra hormones to deal with the stress in order to deal with HPPD. ANY INSIGHTS?

I must say that I've experienced increase's in that department but i am young so i guess i never really looked to far into it but yes it does lock into your brains reward system and send some relaxtion your way afterwards and pleasure so i guess you could be onto something. Interesting read all the same

PEACE

It is hard to say about this with HPPD. Many report reduction of sex drive, which is indicative of lower dopamine and more in harmony with mild injury. As you are 16, expect libido to keep growing for a few more years. And be glad that HPPD didn't take this from you! :D

On another site about DP, there have been a couple reports of DP changing with sexual activity.

• 4 weeks later...

Shit man i might as well be a virgin too, im goin on 9 or 10 months now i think, which sucks, i could get girls, but ive just been masturbating daily for 10 months straight ive got no stamina so my performance anxiety is kind of a hindering factor...girls do show interest but i just feel so out of it that normal, witty conversation required to get girls into bed is nearly impossible for me atm, and since im not drinkin, well gettin a drunk girl into bed is just weird haha...oh well, i do feel better at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...