Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmflash

How Long Have You Had HPPD For?

6 posts in this topic

I've had HPPD since August 2017 from LSD and I've honestly learned to live with it (which is the best advice I can give anyone). I was scared out of my mind when I first got it but since I know what it is I've learned not be frightened and just go about my day. I still think about it 24/7 which is kinda annoying but It hasn't had such a big effect that I had to change anything about my life. How long have you guys had HPPD for? How long did it take before you were able to live a comfortable life again? For me, I spent two weeks in hell wondering if I was ever going to be okay again. I now kinda just treat it like its never going to go away and I should just move along and live my life.

Roughly 40 years.  I first noticed it when I was 14, but it wasn't until I was 20 that i realized my visuals weren't going away.  I'm 58 now.  It's been a long haul but life is good and I'm looking forward to some more decades on this planet.

3-4 years with mild/pre-hppd, then 23 years with severe hppd.

I took 3 years of severe hppd before I could cope to an "ok" level... But it is still vicious now. The dp/dr and anxiety are what kill me off... I can live with the visuals

Going on close to three months , from mushrooms, weed , and mdma, was way worse at first and things are just a slightly bit better as far as symptoms. Been on Klonopin and that seems to really help with the anxiety and panic side . Some days are worse and it gets pretty annoying , hoping I'll recover one day.