How Long Have You Had HPPD For?

jmflash

I've had HPPD since August 2017 from LSD and I've honestly learned to live with it (which is the best advice I can give anyone). I was scared out of my mind when I first got it but since I know what it is I've learned not be frightened and just go about my day. I still think about it 24/7 which is kinda annoying but It hasn't had such a big effect that I had to change anything about my life. How long have you guys had HPPD for? How long did it take before you were able to live a comfortable life again? For me, I spent two weeks in hell wondering if I was ever going to be okay again. I now kinda just treat it like its never going to go away and I should just move along and live my life.

3-4 years with mild/pre-hppd, then 23 years with severe hppd.

I took 3 years of severe hppd before I could cope to an "ok" level... But it is still vicious now. The dp/dr and anxiety are what kill me off... I can live with the visuals

Going on close to three months , from mushrooms, weed , and mdma, was way worse at first and things are just a slightly bit better as far as symptoms. Been on Klonopin and that seems to really help with the anxiety and panic side . Some days are worse and it gets pretty annoying , hoping I'll recover one day.

• 4 weeks later...

I think 12 years.  I can't believe it's been that long.  You start to think less of it over time, especially after several years.   I would do some things different if I could go back.   I should of quit all drugs.  I kept drinking for several years which I'm sure kept HPPD and obsessions about it worse.   Despite all that though, the HPPD has never gotten worse.   Certain things can aggravate it, but never worse.

6 years

Edit: Man some people have had this a long time!

I dont get the visual snow, dp/dr, or any visuals. I used to get the snow and dp/dr but they went away. Never had visuals. For me most of mine is manifested by a crippling anxiety, its almost unbearable, and just about anything can trigger it. As long as im not exposed to anything and dont drink too much coffee it typically ok. But to much coffee in the morning can make it bad. And some times it flares up and I dont have an explanation.

Edited by dasitmane