Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justhere

So what to do now

I’ve had constant dp/dr for two months after both taking an ssri (one I had taken before with no issue) and worrying about my visuals getting worse from the eclipse (they were in fact changing a bit cause of the ssri I presume).

I tried moving, I worked full time. Now I am back with my folks and I don’t know how I’m gonna work. If this dp is truly an anxiety response/defense mechanism to the hppd (which I’ve been cool with for a whole 6 years) I am confident I can slip out of it. If it’s permanent no matter what I do. I don’t know how to go on. How can I get married? How can I do anything. I’m so lost.

My dude, you're gonna be fine. Give yourself some time and try not to think about it. For me I thought the same way, how am I gonna perform in school, an I gonna be able to live a happy life, I contemplated it all. I've been getting better and so can you, give yourself some time man :)

• Upvote 1

Stress makes dpdr worse. You need to get to a point in your life where most major stressors are eliminated. We can't eliminate them all, but we can eliminate enough of them to give us some breathing room. Also try adaptogenic herbs and exercise for resiliency to stress.