Psychosis

Joeygeorgie88

I've never had true hallucinations but my mental imagery could be considered internal hallucinations or CEVs gone wild I guess. I've never ended up in a psychotic state (lost touch with reality). Abilify was mildly helpful.

It took me a little bit to understand the difference between dissociation and psychosis. A lot of people with dissociation are afraid they have psychosis or are developing it. But that's almost always never the case.

No psychosis here.  I do have what I would call "genuine" hallucinations.  Patterns and designs are everywhere, most of the time.  As I've mentioned before, anything with a texture or fine grain (like a road surface or a carpet) shifts and transforms into designs, shapes, animals, etc..  The only time I get auditory hallucinations is when I consume MJ (a very very rare event these days).  

For what it's worth.

Edited by MadDoc
Foolish typing

Cheers guys.

It's often worried me, especially since 1) my case is degenerative and 2) I happened to ingest some (passive!) weed smoke a month ago that appears to have sent things into overdrive somewhat.

For me it's mostly a feeling of seeing faces/personality in things - like car headlights feeling like eyes, or everyday objects having a feeling of life/personality about them - even though they don't *look* any different to me. As though they might start sprouting limbs and dancing about - like in a Disney film or something. Don't know if anyone can relate, haha...

Jay - you mean people that are permanently psychotic following drugs? E.g. schizophrenic? I guess when all's said and done we can at least be grateful we're still (mostly!) sane...

Fascinating. Wouldn't have thought of it as a hallucinogen, or a drug that has negative psychiatric effects (versus weed/lsd anyway) but then it's the drug that got me where I am. You have also mentioned it was Mandy that made your hppd permanently much worse.....Do you still have any *really* freaky visual stuff going on? I know you've spoken about 3D cogs before.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 5:50 AM, Joeygeorgie88 said:

Hmm, I see. Well isn't that just great, ha! Interesting that you found an antipsychotic helpful, mythos. You just took it short-term then?

13 months. It didnt help the perceptual stuff but it reduced some of the imagery. To be honest it didn't help that much and probably caused akithisia and other problems.