Staying asleep

holly

I have trouble staying asleep if I'm not exhausted, if I am I sleep a long time. But if I'm just tired I'll sleep a few hours then can't fall back to sleep. Shit sucks >,<. Example: right now, awake at 2am on a school night. 

Edited by Originally

If you're not sleeping right then there's a reason. Your best bet is to figure out that reason and address it. You might have to look extra close at what's going on because you might miss it if you don't really examine everything that's going on in your life. In the meantime you might wanna try hot baths, meditation, going low on carbs and sugar after noon, exercising in the morning and perhaps trying some teas like chamomile, lemon balm, passion flower, skullcap and so on. Tulsi's Sleep tea is my favorite. 

@K.B.Fante at night in the dark I full on trip, swirls in my vision, static and other things. It keeps me up, I keep my tv on when I sleep. It turns off by itself in 2 hours so when I wake up it's pitch black. I repeat the cycle of getting up turning my tv on, laying down and falling asleep. The visuals keep me up, they're really distracting in the dark. 

I think that's why but I'm not 100%. Last night I came home super tired and fell asleep, didn't wake up once. So idk.

Have you eliminated all stimulants from your diet? I know for me whenever I eat caffeine, excess sugar or certain nightshades my symptoms worsen, which can obviously be distracting. Also, have you tried meditating just before bed? It might help to try and relax, notice how stressed you're getting and walk yourself through calming down. 

Yeah I used to meditate before bed, not so much anymore. If I'm feeling off I will though. I consume a little caffeine, I try to eat around a 1300-1500 calorie diet so I avoid soda and what not. But I'll indulge myself sometimes and have a coke. I don't notice any notable uptick in symptoms. I stopped drinking coffee, love coffee but I can't. If anything it might just be me waking up just cause. I wake up a lot once or twice between 1-3 am. I'll see what might it might be. Also on weird thing that happened to me was I ate like a plate of mashed potatoes, after eating it my body felt heavy. I felt like I was drunk and high. It was such a weird experience. @K.B.Fante

@K.B.Fante I decided to have a beer at a small get together. I'm trying to sleep right now and I'm having the thing where I imagine words, noises, laughing etc. It's annoying. It went away for a good bit, and I brought it back because of the people I was around. Sucks I can't sit and not be asked if I want some weed or a drink. I'm super tired so I'll force my mind to blank. 

• 2 weeks later...