Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Passion

5 years with hppd and dpdr

Hello. Well shit, it's been a little over 5 years now since I got hppd and dpdr. 
I still have both 24/7, but I am in a much better place now. I don't obsess over it 
every day as I used to do the first 2 years; where I would think about it constantly
throughout the days. I just learned to mostly ignore it, even though I know it's there.

I just wanted to make a post and say THANK YOU to this page 
and all of you who calmed me down the first day and the first year of this shit.
I really needed support from people who were going through the same thing as me.
And you gave it to me. Thank you so much. I thought that my life was over, but you 
assured me that everything would be okay. And now everything is just as you said it would be. 

I am really thankful for the people that wrote to me and that I had this page when everything felt hopeless. 
<3 <3 <3 

Glad you've made it through. Have your symptoms improved much over time? I imagine so. I just wish more people came back and made posts like this rather than never coming back at all as it gives others hope. I really think there's a misrepresentation of the number of people who recover because they never post their success stories years down the road.