Tinnitus

John Smith

Tinnitus also did not start for me at the time the visuals started. The visuals increased in type over time. Then the tinnitus started in the left ear one evening. Then eventually the right started. The left is louder and it is very loud now. Disturbing. DEoc said I should have an MRI to see if there is some growth there since it is predominent on one side. A small percentage of people who have it on one side mostly have a benign growth. But these docs don't know about hppd.

I posted a link, where a recent theory of tinnitus says the cause is as the the same science as hppd. This is interesting since hppdrs often have tinitus And also the treatments, gaba agonists, the same as for hppd - klonopin. The additional type of treatment were meds that worked as antagonist to the stimulation chemical (don't rememberthe chimical in the brain). Look for my posts. Don't have that many.

I have always had tinnitus, I had just discovered it one day as a child going to bed after coming down from a fever. It was never bad, listening to sound is able to get rid of it for the most part, however, it has gotten worse since HPPD. I wouldn't put it up there as a symptom I worry about at all though.

• 3 months later...

yeahh i had it at the start but my symptoms seem to be calming down after about 6 months of sobriety and tinnitus was the first to go

but it was sooo annoying wen i had it

hey alice

I've recently developed tinnitus which is odd because things were going okay for me, my anxiety was reduced after a meditation retreat and I had been sober for about a month.

Just wondering really if during your sobriety did you avoid clubs and loud music etc??

hey alice

I've recently developed tinnitus which is odd because things were going okay for me, my anxiety was reduced after a meditation retreat and I had been sober for about a month.

Just wondering really if during your sobriety did you avoid clubs and loud music etc??

I recently developed it as well.

It's not too bad though.

Maybe try large doses of Ester-C (2000-3000mg per day). Some people over at the visual snow forum had success with this.

I haven't tried it myself.

helooo nedd :)

no to be honest i have very severe like... abandonment fears so the idea of not continuing with my social life just wasnt an option really, i'd just end up depressed and shit and it'd all get worse really

cant say it was as much fun though i wont lie

Safe, thanks Ghormeh Sabzi may give that a try

Yeah alice i also get the same problem at times, heard it once described as 'fomo' or 'fear of missing out' not quite sure if its a propa phobia though aha

Was only asking though as did this make tinnitus worse for you? even temporarily? It does a bit for me and i'm wondering if i am to recovery should i really be staying in. I'm even concerned about using my ipod too much which is a shame because i fucking love music

to be honest im not sure i dont think u should spend too much time near massive sound systems or anything but you cant simply let tinnitus stop you goin out with mates i dont think it'll make enough difference to matter

mine never seemed to be especially worse after a night out that i noticed though