question for people with hppd from weed or have milder hppd

Jay1

I want to word this carefully, as I don;t want to seem like I am trying to minimise the suffering of anyone here with weed induced hppd or milder symptoms.

I just have a question that could help calm some of the people that are arriving at the site.

Is there anyone here that came to the site with weed induced hppd or milder symptoms from lsd/mdma etc, and are still suffering the same amount after

1) More than 6 months

2) More than a year

3) More than 3 yearrs

I get alot of PMs from people who are new to the forum who want to know if people recover and how long it takes. My guess is that alot of people arrive here, get better and leave, so I can;t ask them any questions, unfortunately.... But I can at least flip it the other way and see if there are long term sufferers who got it from weed or had/have milder symptoms.

PS - If you do get better, please remember to leave a story in the "Success stories" thread.

Gonna comment on this now, 2-3 weeks in on hppd, you've read my story jay so you know what happened. 

My symptoms are slight, and if my hppd subsides within 3 months time i'll be sure to let you know the journey.

• Upvote 1

I've had mild hppd because of SSRI and used to smoke weed for 15 years before, I recovered in 10 months at 90-95 %. But I relapsed on caffeine and afterimages, trails and general vision are worse than the first time now. But I will recover again.

Edited by lysandre
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, lysandre said:

I've had mild hppd because of SSRI and used to smoke weed for 15 years before, I recovered in 10 months at 90-95 %. But I relapsed on caffeine and afterimages, trails and general vision are worse than the first time now. But I will recover again.

Thanks, did you do anything to speed up recovery (meds, changing your way of life) or did it naturally go away?

Hope you recover again soon

I quit drinking alcohol for 7-8 months, I didn't smoke weed anymore at that time, lost interest in it at the beginning of depression four months before my onset. That was for the better ! I exercice regularly, and tried to sleep enough. And tried to be positive as much as I could, focusing on my general well being, do stuff I like etc. All the things I read here, and I would like to thank you Jay, you gave me some support and advice and other people too, like Visuals and K.B Fante. I was completely lost and you guys were here. Didn't change my diet so much. I didn't take any meds or supplements (was afraid of making it worse), although I was on Lorazepam before HPPD and started tapering off four months after my onset. My general anxiety disorder was getting better (thanks to therapy, relaxation, exercice) and I didn't need it anymore at this point, not because of less visuals symptoms, which remained steady for at least 6 months, and flared up regularly. 

Edited by lysandre
  • Upvote 1

Seems there's been an uptick in posts where users wonder whether they have HPPD, which I've always found a bit strange considering I knew I had HPPD the minute I read the symptoms list. If you take drugs and end up with HPPD symptoms then you have HPPD. I think it would be helpful to have an introductory post stating something along these lines, perhaps listing symptoms, what steps to take, what to do, what not to do, etc. I can even make one of these if someone wants to pin it. I just think there needs to be some general outline of what this condition is and what to do about it so people don't come here so lost. Just a thought. 

• Upvote 1

I got HPPD a week after smoking way too much weed of some kind. I have a bad feeling the weed I was given may have been covered in pesticides or some shit which caused it.

I have taken LSD on a few occasions previously , but it had been at least a month before, so not sure.

At this point, I've had HPPD for almost three months now. Visual snow and afterimages with a small helping of derealization.